Closed for the season! Rancho Mirago Trailer Park

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Lawless1
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Re: Rancho Mirago Trailer Park

Post by Lawless1 »

What takes me out into the desert? A wish to breathe free i guess. To have a desert vista to rest my eyes on as the sun sets. the possibility of solitude if that is what i want at the moment. Wanting to stay in a place thats quiet at night. Getting to feel a closeness with the earth or something like that.
Things like these.

If we are able to put in wishes for characters to play, i like the look of Carl Williams so far. But im always open for other suggestions.
Theres only one thing that will save you your life,
thats a hand on your knife,
and the devil in your soul.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

AND I FEEL FINE - CAST LIST

RANCHO MIRAGO TRAILER PARK

Rich Dansky, 55 Played by Mr Handy
Uli von Mensch, 72 Played by superagonist

Kenneth Kerr, 35 Played by Gaffer
Kevin Kerr, 33 Played by Howerd Philips

Rebecca Borgstrom, 32
Timothy James Borgsrrom, 10
Sparky, the Golden Retriever, 3

THE AMES RANCH
Mike Ames, 67 Played by Voodoo

BARKERVILLE

Carl Williams, 35 Played by Lawless1

The Old Reliable
Reignald Thomson, 40 Played by sig
Beatrice Thomson, 36
Frank Thomson, 17 Played by wizbit
Denise Thomson, 16 Played by Impishwench
BuckThomson, 11 Played by Mason Stone
KMTH
Chuck Parker, 51 Played by dreamdanz

Character descriptions can be found in this thread: Character tease
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Consider the casting started!

The slots will be filled in posting order as per choice. I still have some outlines to throw up here, though.
Anyways, you´re welcome to Carl Williams, Lawless1!
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mike Ames

Located off the ´main road´ through the wasteland at the end of a small dirt road fork, lies a huge four-story monster of a house with a huge veranda. It looks as if it had been stolen from some southern plantation and put down whole and intact here in this most unlikely of places.
The paint is peeling from the house in many places, baring wind-scarred silvery wood. The windows are cobwebbed and cloudy with dust in many places, and much of the house is abandoned. Outbuildings slump, abandoned for years, and a steel windmill creaks and squeals through the motions of pumping water, one of its eight sails missing. Ames live here alone and that suits him fine. The Ames ranch isn't really a ranch any more. It's more like a house with a lot of land. Back in the days, Ames had bought it to make a killing in the prospecting business. He spent a good four years to prepare to set up a place for miners to wound down and relax. Then the verdict came. Noting but gravel and rattlesnakes were to be found in the area. No gold. Not even Peridot and turquoise gemstones. It was a big let down as with the Uranium prospecting. The government sent multiple officials to verify the total loss of profit in prospecting. Nevertheless, Ames bought a large chunk of the area surrounding the two peaks of Barkerville and the land east of it.
The people in Barkerville, Uli and perhaps that upcomer Dansky could pass as locals, hey Dansky still has to prove himself worthy of becoming a proper soul of Barkerville. Should he ever deliver them gas tanks he´s been talking of delivering. The rest of the thugs and drop outs infesting Ames surroundings could drop dead or vanish for all he cares. "That would do it." "Some peace and quiet around here, at last!"
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Beatrice Thomson

Growing up in Phoenix, Betty trained to become a teacher. With her degree in hand she found her teaching style had no merit in the community. So what if mixing ones religious beliefs in he curriculum? Fed up with the narrow-mindedness of ordinary people Betty moved to Miami and met Reignald. They had a son, Frank and moved to their peace of happiness, back in Arizona. That was sixteen years ago. Now, married and two children later, practising her teachings on her own gorgeous kids and that Borgstrom boy, she feels at home. Being married to the mayor of Barkerville suits her fine. They manage the fill up station and the motel as well as the grocery store. Beatrice has a good eye to all customers who visit their peace of heaven. What Reggie does´t know he won´t disapprove of...
The roaring of a Harley closes in on the crossroads. She checks her face in the counter mirror, by the sun glasses stand.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Reignald Thomson

Staying out here in the windy highland of Arizona doesn´t bother Reggie, he has all he needs. Family, status and his back is free from his past. The past, however, haunts him by night. Physically he can hide but not mentally. The ardous task to keep the boys in the family in line makes sure his mind is occupied. As does his beautiful wife. Problem is she seems to spend a little too much friendly time with the customers. Not that they are abundant, which he thanks a higher power for, but still the same, it´s not becoming her. And it makes him look bad. As the self proclaimed mayor of Barkerville he has taken upon himself to sustain law and order in the community. That that consists of sporadic visits to the trailer park and cruising the back roads don´t matter much. Having gone through the proper education in Phoenix he has the lawful right to serve as an officer of the law for the last four years.
The bomb-shelter down in the basement has quite a collection of arms - for display purposes. And a man has to be able to protect what´s his. As far as Reignald cares, the derelict skeleton of Barkerville all belongs to him. Which he mentions as often as he can.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

We have a forum now. I edited the blurb slightly for grammar; let me know if you want any further changes.

I'd like to play Rich Dansky.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Denise Thomson

Having lived in Barkerville all her life, Denise is dead tired of the place. Being tutored by her mother and her ´ways´ is a big deal breaker. She tries to spend all her own-time away from her family. The walkabouts often takes her to the hippie dude at the trailer park. The WV bus tagged "The Heavenly Bus", decorated with flowers makes her smile every time she thinks of it. That´s another kind of heaven than the one mom rants on about. Not to talk about what the sleeze ball Chuck at KMTH calls heaven. She only visits him to get a chance to get new music. New music is not the proper term, she knows that. Being totally on the blink regarding Internet and cellular towers, the dump they call Barkerville is really in the shadow of the future. The music is on freaking cassettes! Rich Dansky doesn´t mind, though. He says they go with the car stereos at the park. He´s got a point there. Once a month the KMTH truck comes with supplies to the station as well as the store. Guess dad and Chuck have an agreement to share the freight cost. Last week, the delivery got cancelled. No new music, no groceries. Frank is up to no good, always doing daredevil stunts. He´ll end up like those car wrecks at the park. All smashed up. Good riddance. Only Buck is capable of making her smile about being a Thomson, dad is so full of himself - he´d post a sign with himself on the store, had mom let him. He says he´s the mayor of Barkerville, but Denise knows who´s in charge. The queen of the night. Cernunnos´ mistress... Buck and that Borgstrom kid, Tim get along all swell. Maybe she´d talk his mom into taking her with them next time they leave ´town´. She knows that being a Thomson is a guaranteed life sentence to kick the gravel of Barkerville.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Thanks! Rich is yours! Thanks for the spell check!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Still accepting players for the March kick-off. New information and details on the game will be posted on the forum: Here!

Not much more than desert, right now. But in a couple of weeks, it´ll be just great!
TVblog

superagonist
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by superagonist »

I see that Uli is not taken yet, I'll sign up. If Uli has been cast already then I'll pick someone else.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Done! I´m adding your name to the list down on the board. Still a few weeks to show down, though. I´ll make sure to send you guys your sheets well in time before that.

Cheers!
TVblog

Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

I'd actually like Mike Ames if he's still available
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Settled!
TVblog

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Syrinx,

I'll sign up for Kenny Kerr or Reginald Thomson, whichever you need most at this point.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kenneth Kerr will be sent your way, Gaffer!
TVblog

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Thanks mightily.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
wizbit
Layman
Layman

Post by wizbit »

Hey,

I'm new around here but have been into CoC for sometime and would love to get involves in your 'one-shot'.

I'll you'll have me I'd like to play Reignald Thomson if he's still available?

Cheers.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, wizbit! Unfortunately, Reggie is taken. His sons and daughter (Frank, Buck & Denise) are free, so far. As are Becca and Tim Borgstom. Rebecca Thomson is still available too.
TVblog

wizbit
Layman
Layman

Post by wizbit »

No problem, let's go with Frank then. He looks like he should be fun to play.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”