Will it play in Peoria?

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Will it play in Peoria?

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

As if my life was not crazy enough and bound to get more crazy in the next month or so...I am thinking of starting a one shot theatre game on this board.

This is the plot idea:

Late October 2009: With the Chicago White Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals prepared to duel in the World Series (yes this is called alternate history folks), the city of Peoria, IL has become a gathering place for fans and reporters wanting cheap hotels within traveling distance of both cities. Most of the city supports this idea and the City Council, Mayor, and City Manager love the ink they are getting in the national press....except for one small itty bitty problem. Meet Dr. Henry Stevenson who is a fan of the occult and a famous writer, famous enough to have had some of his books on the New York Times Best Selling list in the recent past. Most of the time the city goverment is proud of this man but in recent months Dr. Stevenson has began to show signs of madness. Since his wife recently passed he has began to write and speak about the many ghosts and spirits that inhabit Peoria. The city goverment has ignored him but now with the national press it appeares that Dr. Stevenson has a huge microphone. So to shut him up, they have agreed to give him full reign of the city on one night from 7PM to 7AM to prove that the city is indeed haunted. Dr. Stevenson has put out a call for others to join him on this quest. Do you have what it takes to spend the night in some of the cities most whispered areas, places that adults have for generations told you to ignore and that sometimes late at night lights are seen and cries in the dark are heard? Join Dr. Stevenson for this adventure if you are brave enough and sign up here.

I will let players make their own characters if they wish or at least give me ideas and backgrounds for characters if they wish me to roll them up.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Re: Will it play in Peoria?

Post by Voodoo »

I'm game to join. Is there any particular character types you're looking for? This should be a fun game as I have actually visited Peoria a few times when I lived in Illinois.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Any and all characters are looked for. Age can be from teen to elder.
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Midnightlight »

So, forgive me for asking, but what exactly is One Shot Theater? Is it a shorter game, or something?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

This game idea is on hold for now. It may or may not happen depending if I get enough interest. If not rest assured there will be a game from me in the coming months. Right now an idea is a gang of outlaw types aka Dillanger and Bonnie and Clyde era robbing some place and accidently stealing a occult piece which brings cthulu like trouble on their heads but am not sure.
Sophomax
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by Sophomax »

Will you accept a uk gamer? Fanct getting back into CoC. Any chtr type willing. Just let me flesh it out.

Greg
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

This game will not be occuring now. I am going to be doing another game soon. You are all welcome to join. Come look at the thread entitled "The life and times of a St. Paul Yegg."

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”