Resident Evil

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Resident Evil

Post by royya »

OK, so I have decided to move things on.
I can set up a campaign and choose from 3 "eras"

Pre-Apocalypse
During the Apocalypse
Post-Apocalypse

With the During and post sound the best ones.
At least one Character should be a linked somehow to the Umbrella Co. (Low level scientist or a business man for example)
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

I vote during the apocalypse
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, during the mayhem of civilization crumbling, still clinging on to normal values - to no avail.

I could be a researcher and analyst who work down the Umbrella shafts. Test subjects and antidotes. The basic stuff :) .
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I like during the apocalypse as well. What might be the best way is to have the prologue take place shortly before the apocalypse and, at some point, the apocalypse begins. Then, if the campaign goes on long enough, we might eventually get to post-apocalpyse.

If you're planning on starting in November, I'll be leaving on vacation and won't have Internet access from the evening of November 3 through November 16. Things will be busy for me during the last two weeks of November and early December, but I should still be able to post.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

I would prefer that we start in the last moments before the apocalypse, but whateaver the majority prefers I'l agree.
I'd like to play a corporate who doesn't have a clue of what is being research and only cares about profit.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

I wouldn't mind playing an Umbrella commando similar to the ones in the first movie.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm thinking of playing a rookie cop. Not Leon, but someone who would have been in the same academy class as he was.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I'd love to play an Umbrella mad scientist. And just when I thought I was learning self-restraint on joining games.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'd be up for this game too.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Plenty of interest I see so I’ll move things further. I already began to build something and ideas are flowing into my brain.

So far 7 are interested: Tabs, Mr Handy, Migo, Voodoo, Kabukiman, Syrinx, Laraqua

The basic thing is to start something that will be similar to the beginning of the second movie. Racoon city is located between rivers and the only way out of the city is through the major bridges that are guarded by the army right now. Most of the people were already been evacuated from the city when the army found infected humans along the lines that waited inspection. The army began to shoot and most of the people (and sadly, evencops and military officers that stood among the lines) fled back to the city to find cover and other ways out. – I think that this part can be the basic idea for the prologue.

The party members found shelter somewhere (School, department store, church, etc...) without knowing each other unless the character’s background states otherwise. At least one character should be linked somehow to the umbrella co. (A low level scientist, a local security guard, programmer, business man, etc...).
Another character should be a military officer (that fled from the gate when infection was found among the lines) so he knows things about the plans of the army.

What do you think, help me up ....
Last edited by royya on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'll be someone from the location we're sheltering at (school nurse, department store security, priest, etc.)
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

I could change my character to be a Special Forces officer if that would help.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I was thinking that the prologue could start off with some investigation shortly before the apocalypse hits, but this way could work too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, regarding the sheltering part: the scientist I´ll be in charge of has sent a supply truck to get supplies to the labs at Umbrella R&D. The recent supplies have been hindered.... Now, he heads to the depot along with some armed guards (the Umbrella Corp sec-officers). The depot is part of an outlet located a bit off the side of Racoon City.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

My character was sent by the stockholders, who were getting worried to know in what the corporation was expending all the money. But he never managed to discover what was happening.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

OK, just thought about some serious stuff.
Since (In Resident Evil), anyone that got bitten or punched with blood contact is infected. Every player is placed in a dangerous situation every encounter by being infected “and killed eventually”.
So, I’m proposing a method by which the character is immune to some degree from the T-virus, meaning - only those that are severely wounded (losing more then 3/4 precent HP) are infected but can be cured.
Those which are above and equal to ¼ HP remain OK.

(e.g Thomas the hacker is being surprised by a zombie that nails his filthy finger nails into the teenager’s throat. Thomas loses 7 hp out of his 8. Enough to infect the poor boy but not enough to kill him, so Thomas flees and manages to get a cure for the infection and everyone is happy.)

Off course that those that die are doomed.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, and one of the Umbrella scientist can have a supply of antidote or vaccine... That´s why people who are given the drug don´t turn into zombies. The reason for that being the blood cell count with uninfected blood overpowers the infected blood. Meeting up at the supply depot could fix that. The group of uninfected people can distribute the not-fully-developed vaccine to others. There are elements still missing for the vaccine to work properly. Just spinning on my previous post ;) .
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Can we start working in the stats of our characters?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I don't see a reason to nerf the disease. Some vaccines or cures might show up in the plot (which, like a good player, I'm not going to speculate on), but making it contagious and incurable by ordinary means will give the game that real Resident Evil flavor. If we know there's no help, we'll all be that much more cautious and unwilling to engage the horrors that probably will go down easily in a few shots.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Maybe we can get middle term: if bitten, the person is doomed unless she find a vaccine or an antidote, but the player could still survive for about one hour before being transformed (like in the first movie, when the character represented by Michelle survived for some time), giving the other players some time to get the antidote. If they failed, bad luck... This would make a nice sub-plot. And in the case of losing the character, we can always do like in Paranoia, get a new clone :D

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”