In One Month, The World Ends...

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

In One Month, The World Ends...

Post by thewordwasaphex »

This is a modern-day game, although I'm taking a leaf from 'Eternal Darkness' by adding several one-shots set in older days to help flesh out the plot.

Basically, your characters are all living in London when you have eerily prophetic dreams that say that the world will come to a fiery and nuclear end in a month's time. By chance, you all spot an advert posted in the papers for a meeting which mentions certain images seen in the dreams; the characters meet up at this meeting and that's where the story proper starts.

Ideally, I'd like four players. Any profession is allowed, although it has to fit in with modern-day Britain so firearms are a no-go really. I'd suggest at least one player be either a university student/proffessor/other academic to allow characters access to libraries and research materials, but other than that it's all fairly flexible.

Players need to be relatively active - I'd like to average about two major updates per week - and comfortable with taking on the pre-gen characters for the one-shots for short periods of time.

Any takers?
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: In One Month, The World Ends...

Post by royya »

sounds interesting
I'm thinking of a simple mechanic man working in the garage or that knows his way with cars or maybe a computer technician, working in a startup company as a P.C supporter.
One day he wakes up after the dreaming in the night. He opens the newspaper with his morning coffee and sees the advert.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

royya wrote:sounds interesting
I'm thinking of a simple mechanic man working in the garage or that knows his way with cars or maybe a computer technician, working in a startup company as a P.C supporter.
One day he wakes up after the dreaming in the night. He opens the newspaper with his morning coffee and sees the advert.
Both sound good to me - I want the group to be disparate, so a greasemonkey or IT guy would fit the bill very nicely. Either is great, so pick which one you prefer, roll me a character (I'll trust your rolls if you want to do it the old fashioned way) and PM me a first draft. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ooh, count me in! 8-) I love London, and I love apocalyptic scenarios, so this game is like mixing chocolate and peanut butter - or it would be if I loved peanut butter. :lol: I can do two posts per week, and I'm fine with pre-gens too.

I'm planning to play a female police detective. She'll have had some firearms training, but of course she won't have any guns of her own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Same deal with you then, Mr. H - Roll up yer female bobby and PM me with a first draft. And welcome aboard - It'll be fun to turn the tables on you a little bit, after all the evil stuff you throw at us in ZA. :twisted:
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Howerd Phillips »

I haven't played anything modern, may be up for it. How about an American expat investment banker?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

thewordwasaphex wrote:Same deal with you then, Mr. H - Roll up yer female bobby and PM me with a first draft. And welcome aboard - It'll be fun to turn the tables on you a little bit, after all the evil stuff you throw at us in ZA. :twisted:
Evil stuff? I don't know what you're talking about. ;) Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! The character sheet is sent.

"DC Julie Wynyard reporting for duty!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Howerd Phillips wrote:I haven't played anything modern, may be up for it. How about an American expat investment banker?
Sounds good, plus the stress from the current economic crisis would make an interesting addition to his character. Draft up a character sheet and send me it, and we'll work on it from there. :)
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

character submitted.

EDIT: donno why but the pm is not leaving the outbox. how do you want me to send it to you ?

EDIT 2: Yep, saw it.
Last edited by royya on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

It's ok, I got it on the second try.
Relyet
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Relyet »

Is there still room for another person? This sounds like a good choice for my first game.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Relyet wrote:Is there still room for another person? This sounds like a good choice for my first game.
Indeed there is! Make a character up for me, send it to me in a PM and we'll take it from there! :)
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

Still room for one more? I noticed nobody claimed the bookworm character yet. I was thinking of some kind of occult professor who could teach at a university.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unfortunately, this game died a long time ago. The Keeper hasn't logged in for over three years.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”