The Endless Ocean - Far Future Cthulhu

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

The Endless Ocean - Far Future Cthulhu

Post by thewordwasaphex »

I'm planning on running a game set in the far future, with elements cribbed from some of my favourite Sci-Fi films as well as some stuff of my own design. Players will take on the roles of the crew of a freelance bunch of skyjockeys sucked into a dark and malevolent plot involving the mythos.

Some things to note:

My vision of space is rather grim - more Alien than Andromeda, more Space: Above and Beyond than Star Trek. Whilst the level of technology is relatively high, it's still fairly gothic and opressive. Don't expect teleporters, utopian societies and/or uber-weapons here!

Ideally, I'd like three or four players who're willing to be fairly active (posting at least twice a week) and who aren't bothered by graphic violence and swearing. The characters, are, agfter all basically mercenaries who aren't exactly known for their airs and graces! Character creation will be a joint effort between myself and the player so as to fit into the story and the setting, and I'd advise willing players to be prepared for the game to be a little bit 'on rails' until they get the basics of the way the universe works.

Setting Info:

It's now been seventy years since the great war between the Deltan Confederacy and the Auroran Commercial Alliance (post-war simply referred to as Aurora) which redefined the way that human civilization both existed and expanded. Nowadays, it is the Corporations that control the galaxy, with Aurora itself a seperate entity more involved in peacekeeping, policing and dealing with alien threats. In the cold darkness between stars, interstellar trade routes bustle with ships of all kinds all seeking to make a quick credit by mining, hauling goods, transporting people or through more... illicit means. Aurora can't be everywhere at once, and Piracy, hijacking, human trafficking, organ smuggling and worse is rife - all of which makes it a good time to be a freelance bounty hunter-cum-mercenary. With Corporations such as Amarant Outerworlds, The Brutus Foundation and Alpha Centauri Robotics constantly clashing over territory and profit margins, there's a lot of creds to be had out there.

But the darkness between the stars and on the fringes of human space hides many things... and some of them are far, far worse than the petty cruelty of homo sapiens.

So, anyone interested in joining the crew of the Gun Cutter Gethsemane?

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”