Cultists at College

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Cultists at College

Post by Carcosannoble »

I'd like to run a modern day scenario, in which cultists of various and sundry Old Ones happen upon one another at M.U. All of the characters will need to be students (options are graduate and undergraduate), and each has only had limited contact with the Mythos, otherwise, the sky is the limit.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Cultists at College

Post by royya »

Sounds intersting ... what is the mai idea of the game?
cults "battle" each other to gain supporters or to convert the others to their cause ?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, Carcosannoble!
I´m planning a GUE Tech / Miskatonic U scenario based on the Lurking Horror computer game. The students at campus will meet with strange things, but they are not cultists themselves. The game will be up in July for applications but the game won´t start until mid July.
Maybe we´ll have similar games? Anyway, I´d like to join if there´s room.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Royya: Ideally they'd all be working together to accomplish each of their own goals, but infighting is expected. It's more outsiders vs the world.

Syrinx: You're certainly welcome to play!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

We would play cultist? And we could chose what Great old one we would worship?
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Indeed my good Sir! Indeed! With that said, I am now accepting character concepts, please post them here so I can give them the once over and show which old ones have been chosen.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

What do you think?

Character Player: kabukiman
Character: Medea
Student
Characteristics:
Str: 7
Con: 8
Pow: 15
Dex :9
App: 18
Size: 15
Int: 17
Edu: 18
Pow: 75
Idea: 85
Luck: 75
Know: 90
Bonus Damage: 0
Hit points: 12
Magic Points: 15

Skills:
Anthropology: 71%
Arab: 50%
Archaeology: 40%
Artistic Hability (singing) 45%
Artistic Hability (Belly dance): 65%
English: 90%
Fast talk: 85%
History: 50%
Italian: 35%
Library Use: 75%
Occult: 40%
Psychology: 45%

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2131004/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2131008/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2131016/

Medea was born from an Italian father and a Syrian mother in the USA. She was a brilliant student gifted to music, but she was also fascinated by traditional societies, especially fertility cults, where women weren’t oppressed by male societies. So, she decided to take a minor in Italian music from the XVII century and a major in anthropology. After some time researching she was puzzled by some coincidences: she found that a tribe from Massachusetts had myths about a Shub-Nigurath, a godess of fertility with a very similar name to a certain deity still talked in the small hams in the south of Italy where her father came. With some more investigation she started to discover strange things: the ancient celts, the Chinese, all of them had talked of Her. She decided then to be a priestess of the godess. She is still inventing the rites (with some drugs and alcool and she is thinking of making sex), and trying to contact her. She hadn't yet the courage to make any sacrifice... for now.

Best rolls of ever!

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jeff Osbokin, Male, 21.

Jeff Osbokin is a master student in the faculty of medicine in Miskatonic University. Jeff is taking the trail to become a veterinarian, thought, he do know how to treat people also.
He is a slim guy, with dark hair and a little mustache and is known to be a loner and a quiet man in the university ... but this not the reason why he is a loner, people tend to give him a space, and they do not volunteer to work with him in the laboratory. Why?
Jeff got the Innsmouth look, the slim guy have a queer narrow head with flat nose and bulgy, stary eyes. He was born in Innsmouth 21 years ago and moved to Arkham 3 years ago, thought, he still goes to Innsmouth every weekend for his mysterious family that no one ever met.
Secretly, Jeff is a member in the Esoteric Order of Dagon ... planning in the future to help the order with his profession as a veterinarian and a doctor to do experiment in humans and fish. Thought he is a loner, he do try here and there to communicate with others, so he could gain their trust and in the future he will take them to a tour in his beloved town.
Currently, Jeff is on phase one to becoming a deepone. 3 more phases and the student becomes a fishman.

Current living: In the university's dorms with another roomy - geek student from the chess club.

Roll for STR CON POW DEX APP: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2132370/
Roll for SIZ and INT: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2132372/
Roll for EDU: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2132373/

Str: 11 ; Con: 15 ; Pow: 14 ; Dex: 13
App: 7 ; Siz: 12 ; Int: 15 ; Edu: 19
San: 60 ; Idea: 75 ; Luck: 60 ; Know: 95.

Damage bonus: none.
Hit points: 14
Magic points: 14

Biology* 74%
Credit rating* 15%
Chemistry* 41%
First aid* 80%
Other language: Latin* 27%
Own language: English 95%
Medicine* 68%
Pharmacy* 75%
Psychoanalysis* 10%
Psychology* 50%

Dodge 26%
Spot Hidden 25%
Sneak 50%
Persuade 55%
Library Use 65%
Listen 45%
Last edited by royya on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Kabukiman: Medea is fantastic, I officially welcome you aboard! So, question is, where does she take residence in Arkham.

royya: I like your concept, it could rock, however, your EDU and IQ are far too low to be a Masters student in Veterinarian Medicine. Change your appearance to 7, increase your INT to 15 and your EDU to 19 (and the derived states of course, fix those as well). Same question for you, where does he live? Otherwise, welcome to Miskatonic University!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I'm thinking that she would live in a dormitory room in the Miskatonic University. It would be easier to find recruits to her rites 8-)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Carcosannoble wrote:royya: I like your concept, it could rock, however, your EDU and IQ are far too low to be a Masters student in Veterinarian Medicine. Change your appearance to 7, increase your INT to 15 and your EDU to 19 (and the derived states of course, fix those as well). Same question for you, where does he live? Otherwise, welcome to Miskatonic University!
Thanks, I updated the sheet.
as for living - In the dorms with a geek student from the chess club (He is the first target of Jeff).
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Richard Harris
Harris was born in Sydney, but his fascination in climbing combined with his paper in dream decoding placed him on Iceland. He dislikes spiders due to an incident from early childhood. Constant nightmares since. Harris has written a couple of reports on how REM sleep affects the synapses of the brain and the effects of deprived deep sleep on fellow students for helping them with their papers. Currently attending Miskatonic Univursity´s Lingustics faculty, aiming to get a masters degree in linguistics. Harris has withdrawn to his dorm room for longer and longer periods. Friends see him less and less in classes.
Richard Harris is a aiming for a linguistics masters degree at MU.
The thing is: Carcosannoble
Spoiler:
Harris has read a book on ghouls.
The Ghoul's Manuscript
He´s just finished reading the book, resulting in nightly walks in the corridors beneath the university. He aim to target students with high merits in medicine and psychology as well as in linguistic skills. His plan is to tap the minds of his victims and return to his dorm room and write his exam with excellence. He is a support member of the Cult of Transcendence which calls for Nyarlathothep to bring mankind to an end. A newsletter keeps getting in to his email account from y@golo.net Harris is going about this step by step and has yet failed to see what is happening to him in the wake of finishing the book. Harris, looks up from the old book and feel the blood in his veins rush through his body. The thought of what is going on in him makes his mouth water and stomach rumble. The lights seem to go out. Or is he simply falling asleep
He lives on campus and has no family in Arkham. His relatives live in Sydney, Australia.

Investigator Name: Richard Harris
Colleges, Degrees:
Birthplace: Sydney
Mental Disorders: Arachnaphobia
Sex: M Age: 23

STR: 10 DEX: 7 INT: 15 Idea: 75
CON: 12 APP: 5 POW: 10 Luck: 50
SIZ: 11 SAN: 50 EDU: 23 Know: 115
99-Cthulhu Mythos: 99
Damage Bonus: none
Accounting 10% Anthropology 1% Archaeology 1%
Astronomy 1% Bargain 5% Biology 1%
Chemistry 1% Climb 65% Computer Use 81%
Conceal 15% Credit Rating 50% Cthulhu Mythos 0%
Disguise 1% Dodge 37% Drive Auto 20%
Electrical Repair 10% Electronics 1% Fast Talk 5%
First Aid 30% Geology 31% Handgun 20%
Hide 10% History 20% Jump 25%
Law 5% Library Use 75% Listen 25%
Locksmith 1% Machine Gun 15% Martial Arts 1%
Mechanical Repair 20% Medicine 40% Natural History 10%
Navigate 10% Occult 5% Operate Hvy. Machine 1%
Other Language: Icelandic 71% Other Language: Latin 62%
Other Language: Greek 26%
Own Language: English 100%
Persuade 15% Pharmacy 1%
Photography 10% Physics 1% Psychoanalysis 23%
Psychology 39% Ride 5% Rifle 25%
Shotgun 30% Sneak 10% Spot Hidden 25%
Submachine Gun 15% Swim 25% Throw 25%
Track 10% Fist/Punch 50% Head Butt 10%
Kick 25% Grapple 25%
At the end of the tome, Harris read:
Spoiler:
By Asenath Mason
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Edited previous post

Post by Dave Syrinx »

:D
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TVblog

Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Note: Undergraduate and Graduate students only.

Also, I think that Harris should just have finished reading the Ghoul Manuscript. Otherwise I quite like him.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Isn't a contradiction to worship Yog and Mordiggian at the same time? Mordiggian doesn't want the total destruction of humankind, since that would stop the death of new persons :P
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As a member of The Cult of T, Harris doesn´t know the full ramifications of the cult´s goals. The Mordiggan 'craving' is a serendipity of reading books not intended for reading ;) . So I think it will be no problem playing this out.
TVblog

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

So, is this runnin' or not ?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

If nothing else, I´m starting my Miscatonic -CUE Tech scenario in August. I´ll hold for creating the campaign till the 10th. So there will be a game in College setting. I´m eagerly awaiting this evil take on the campus, though :twisted: .
TVblog

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Retracted.
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”