Secrets of the middle east

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Secrets of the middle east

Post by royya »

I’m trying to gauge some interest in this CoC Chaosium game. (ver. 5.6 rules are OK)
I began to run the game on the ENWorld forums but finding players that are interested in CoC or other type of non D20 systems over there is hard.

The players are encouraged to play party members that know each other. Let’s say friends from college, even from high school can be fine, neighborhood is fine also. Colleagues from the University or from previous missions / expeditions to the middle east are excellent.

Era - 1930.
Place - London -> middle east.

The thrilling of those post WWI years of pre WWII years is a good for background scenario. The World recession and the rising of totalitarian powers in Europe and their influence.
Civil war in China and the war between china and Japan. The world’s tallest building - Empire State Building was built on May 3, 1931 in New York City. Air mail service across the Atlantic Ocean began, Radar was invented, Pluto is found! and more …

Here some links that relate to the region of the middle east in the 30’:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Ma ... _Palestine - British Mandate of Palestine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Palestine_riots - 1929 Palestine riots

Any interest?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Secrets of the middle east

Post by Anatomist »

Hey there royya. Im intrested.
Do you prefer me PM you a character or you want me to use this post to work on it?
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

What kindo of game is it? Pulp like Indiana jones with lost artifacts? Ot horror?
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Horror + Searching for artifacts
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

I'm interested. Can I play an archaeologist?
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Character: Military Commander,Investigator Name: Howard Stur Occupation: Military Commander Colleges, Degrees: None Birthplace: Mental Disorders: Bacteriophobia Sex: m Age: 38 STR: 13 DEX: 10 INT: 15 Idea: 75 CON: 14 APP: 9 POW: 13 Luck: 65 SIZ: 13 SAN: 65 EDU: 16 Know: 80 99-Cthulhu Mythos: 99 Damage Bonus: +1D4 Accounting 10% Anthropology 1% Archaeology 1% Astronomy 1% Bargain 5% Biology 1% Chemistry 1% Climb 40% Conceal 50% *Credit Rating 35% Cthulhu Mythos 0% Dodge 20% Drive Auto 20% Electrical Repair 10% Fast Talk 5% First Aid 30% Geology 1% *Handgun 100% Hide 10% *History 100% Jump 50% Law 5% Library Use 25% Listen 25% Locksmith 1% Machine Gun 15% Martial Arts 1% *Mechanical Repair 50% Medicine 5% Natural History 10% Navigate 10% Occult 5% Operate Hvy. Machine 1% *Persuade 100% Pharmacy 1% Photography 10% Physics 1% Psychoanalysis 1% *Psychology 20% Ride 5% Rifle 25% Shotgun 30% Sneak 10% Spot Hidden 25% Submachine Gun 15% Swim 25% Throw 25% Track 10% *.22 Bolt-Action Rifle* 25% *.32 Revolver* 100% *12-gauge sawn off (2B) 30% Fist/Punch 50% Head Butt 10% *Kick 50% *Grapple 35% Fighting Knife* 50%
Character: Professor,Investigator Name: Karl Riz Occupation: Professor Colleges, Degrees: London University, Phd and Master Birthplace: Essex Mental Disorders: Bacteriophobia Sex: m Age: 51 STR: 5 DEX: 15 INT: 12 Idea: 60 CON: 12 APP: 10 POW: 12 Luck: 60 SIZ: 13 SAN: 60 EDU: 22 Know: 110 99-Cthulhu Mythos: 99 Damage Bonus: none Accounting 10% Anthropology 51% Archaeology 1% Astronomy 91% Bargain 5% Biology 1% Chemistry 1% Climb 40% Conceal 15% Credit Rating 15% Cthulhu Mythos 0% Dodge 30% Drive Auto 20% Electrical Repair 40% Fast Talk 5% First Aid 30% Geology 1% Handgun 60% Hide 10% History 20% Jump 25% Law 5% Library Use 90% Listen 25% Locksmith 1% Machine Gun 15% Martial Arts 1% Mechanical Repair 20% Medicine 5% Natural History 10% Navigate 10% Occult 5% Operate Hvy. Machine 1% Other Language: Arabic 21% Other Language: Hebrew 11% Other Language: Persian 11% Persuade 90% Pharmacy 1% Photography 10% Physics 1% Psychoanalysis 96% Psychology 80% Ride 5% Rifle 25% Shotgun 30% Sneak 10% Spot Hidden 25% Submachine Gun 15% Swim 25% Throw 25% Track 10% .32 Revolver* 60% Fist/Punch 50% Head Butt 10% Kick 25% Grapple 25% Small Knife* 25%
'

Howard Stur. Ex Commander of Regiment.
Work for a security company, protecting the English wherever he would be. He had been called a mercenary, but that was far from his area. He had honor in the people he guarded. Royals on safari, new rich on a expedition to india, old men and ladies always in great comfort. He had close friends that mingled with people of influence.
Currently looking for a new assignment and taking up a hobby of his. History. A odd hobby but the man was weak for the knowledge. He was very interested in the middle and far east. Dreaming on knowing China.

Karl Riz. Professor in Astronomy and a master degree in Anthropology.
Of german lineage, son of a peace loving german plumber. His father maried a english girl at age 20 and lived all his life in Essex. Karl was mostly raised in londo with his aunt and mentor in mathematics Leonor Atkrus.
His hobbies was many, psychoanalysis, languages and knife trowing participating in the universities contest every summer, now going for his 21'st contest.
Currently reading books on old treasures and lost cities.
~Bony End of Story~
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Howerd Phillips »

How about a priest that is the Church's authority on occult knowledge? Does that work in the overall scheme here? I can roll him up tonight. No rolls over 75 for new characters?
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

OK, seeing that I guaged enough interest I will move my game to this boards. I will open a game thread and throw a post in here for you. Once I'll do that I'll check up the characters.
please wait a while ...
Thanks
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Hi all,

Here is the new thread:
http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=145

please post over there in the OOC topic

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”