Call of Cthulhu / Dark Heresy crossover

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Call of Cthulhu / Dark Heresy crossover

Post by Airbornexo »

Hi,

I have been toying with running a coc module in the dark heresy setting and have had a lot of interest for a forum run game.

I would imagine Shadows of Yog-Sothoth will be a starting point with the player taking the role of acolytes working for an Imperial Inquisitor.

I have a bit of interest already but could probably accommodate 2-3 more players in a 6-8 player game. It might not work but I'll have a go!

Cheers, Hal
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Call of Cthulhu / Dark Heresy crossover

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Would prior knowledge of Warhammer (that is what Dark Heressy is, right?) be necessary?
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Call of Cthulhu / Dark Heresy crossover

Post by Airbornexo »

Nope all background will be provided and we will build up our knowledge as we go along. The Warhammer 40k universe is just a backdrop really as an 40k city is much like any other city (only tech'ed up a bit).

The concept: This is a blend of Dark Heresy (40k) rules and game universe, with a hint of Al Qadim and a large dollop of Call of Cthulhu in terms of the story!

Characters: All are in the large retinue of the Sector famous, Inquisitor Joachim Thysser and are acolytes. Basically the PCs will be doing the Inquisitor's dirty work whilst he is off grabbing the headlines (in the manner of Eisenhorn) and turning over the massive heresies. Whilst he is doing this, his staff are spending their time spread all over the sector following leads, establishing listening posts and combating heresy, mutants and xenos as they encounter them. Many of the PCs have not even met Thysser as his trusted lieutenants do much of his recruitment for him.

The plot: Initially the PCs have been tasked by Thysser to reinforce his position on the enlightened world of Zakara in its capitol of Huzuz, the golden city. An agent is already in place in the city and the rest of the team are making planet fall for a rendezvous at the start of the game. Thysser has asked for Intel and reconnaissance on a new Zakaran institution 'The esoteric order of the Silver Twilight'. He believes that this group may prove valuable allies and possibly a pool to recruit new acolytes and possibly Inquisitors.

Mechanics: We will be using the Dark Heresy rules set (don't worry if you don't have a copy it should be fairly rules light and investigation / interaction heavy) all dice rolling will go through the Invisible Castle (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/) it may be useful for you to have a login, but I will post a tutorial closer the time. That website allows quick and easy cut and paste into the forum and stores rolls for months.

Start date: ASAP really, once I have had all the characters in I can set up the forums for the game, so pull your finger out!

Cheers, Hal

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”