"The Lurking Horror" on the board!

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

"The Lurking Horror" on the board!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m thinking of adapting Infocom´s anno 1987, The Lurking Horror to the forum. Anyone tried that yet? This will be after I finish my dormant scenario...
Anyone interested? 3-8 players

A bit extravagant, but hey! Size matters! The south bank of the Miskatonic, remodelled for the 20th century.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: "The Lurking Horror" on the board?

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ooh, ooh, me, me! :D

I grew up on Infocom text adventures. While I've played The Lurking Horror before, it was so long ago and my memories of it are so vague that it'll be fresh to me, plus I'm sure you'll add your own twists.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Great to hear, Handy! I could arrange to accept more than two players - the plot is after all: a number of students at a rivalling university in Arkham (Not Miscatonic U) get smowed in a day before an exam.... And things start to happen...

Yes, -87 is far, far away. But as I said this will be in the future, so let´s deal with the Zombies and the dream drugs first ;).
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi Syrinx: I’d love to join in. I’ve been really, really busy as you know, but thing will definitely be back to normal for me by the time you start.

Like Mr Handy I did play the original game, but long-long ago (I also died very early and never completed the game).
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Syrinx, if any spots are available for The Lurking Horror, then I would like to join too.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sweet! Three freshmen preparing for the big exam! I´d have to say that it will not be up until Easter time, though. Be patient and everyone will get candy ;) .
TVblog

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I never played the original game, so if you need a fourth, I'm in.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Four is OK, you can work in pairs. I´ll post the background information well before the actual game begins. Remember the official start date is at Easter! That makes a month to prepare and get acquainted with the campus.
Maps and such will be provided.
Give me a week to prepare...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Take all the time you need, I've got plenty of things to do.

I've got the original game on my old Apple IIc (which still worked just fine the last time I used it, though that was years ago - it's currently over 24 years old!), and I've played and completed it multiple times.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

I'm back in action again now Dave, any room on your new game left?

Cheers, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sure it is! Just bring The keg of beer to the campus and we´ll start studying! That is, after we finish the Dreaming Man!
I´ll get down to business and update to chapter 2 this weekend. Be sure to get your passport, we´re heading for the British Isles.
/Syrinx
TVblog

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Aw man! you weren't joking!!! How could I have missed this :(
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Well it´s not a Cthulhu classic era...only -87! You´re still welcome though. But not until later. Got to deal with them Porton Down experiments first....
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, I´ve had a quick look at what Mystical Nun did with her? attempt at this feat. I also browsed another try of a gaming group, they got a bit farther. Now, I feel it´s time to begin admissions to G.U.E Tech: George Underwood Edward´s Institute of Technology.

I´ll begin with putting up the G.U.E at a glance (GAAG) to let the new students get a feel of what campus life is all about.
There will be a debate room, open for discussions.
Pictures of the grounds and a campus map will be provided. It will be Spring Semester and the weather in Arkham rather cold.
The site of the University is on the south bank of the Miskatonic, just west of the French Quarters.

In 1688 Lloyd's of London, a British insurance company was founded. The motto used by G.U.E Tech is a remain from the British heritage of the university.
The origin of Lloyd´s came from a London coffee house and went from there to slave trade. This business lead to New England and Massachusetts.
The harbour district along the Miskatonic slowly changed to house more and more elaborate buildings. All funded with Lloyd´s finances. An academy of Natural Science, was founded in 1692, in such radical disciplines as Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Biology, and
Architecture.
Rivalry with the former Arkham College has been seen through the years, but as the mind set of G.U.E Tech has been to look past the future, Arkham College or rather Miskatonic University in later years, has tended to look at the past and forgotten lores of occult and mystery.
He who climbs the steps of knowledge stands out among common men like blueberry in a pan of milk.
- George Underwood Edwards (1660-1705)
TVblog

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”