Rise of the Cthulhu Priests

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
TRAG
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Rise of the Cthulhu Priests

Post by TRAG »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the community and was interested in starting up something new, its a completely free-form post by post storyline where there are no characters other than what you want to bring to the story. You create your own and interweave the character into the story however possible.
The story takes place in present day, and a secretive, yet powerful organization called the Cthulhu Continuum is readying age old plans to awaken the warrior god from his slumber in the sunken city of R'lyeh. Now, many have tried before and failed. For in the legend, the stars must be right and Great Cthulhu's watery tomb must have risen, which it does every thousand or so years from the depths of the sea. The difference here is that the stars are finally 'right', and R'lyeh has indeed risen from the cold crushing depths of the sea once again.
Why should anyone be worried? Cults have failed before and they will fail again, it does not matter that the time is right. The time has been right before. But, the Cthulhu Continuum is no ordinary cult worshipping the dark god. They have as leaders four individuals who claim to have the knowledge that no one else does, from the only being that could possibly have the knowledge needed to get the job done successfully. These individuals are the Cthulhu Priests, and they claim to have heard the Call of Cthulhu as no one else has in the past.
Their link to the alien god's dreaming mind is so strong that it is said that Great Cthulhu has imbued each with powers beyond anything a normal human could possess. They draw ever closer to their goal and their fanatical followers seem to have members and spies all over. All playing their part in Cthulhu's grand scheme to wander the world once again and enslave mankind.
They must be stopped, HE must be stopped... The secret war for humanity's future has begun.

There you have it. Hopefully that dramatic little story above will interest some of you. The story will have no limits as this organization is world wide so your characters can be anywhere, the Priests themselves are extremely elusive. Most people don't know they exist except members of the continuum and the handful of people around the world who have been able to dig up information about them.
Hopefully once this thing gets going everyone interested can start fleshing out their characters and we can get the imaginative melting pot going.

Let me know what you think in this thread here as I will keep my eye on it.

Thanks for your time and for your interest everyone.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - H.P. Lovecraft

Visit No Mutants Allowed
http://www.nma-fallout.com/
AND STEP INTO THE WASTELAND

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”