Gaslight Era? (BRP)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Gaslight Era? (BRP)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I just realized that I have been having severe problems with the Play@Yog-sothoth e-mail system. Since I also recieved no reply, I could use a little verification by post. Did you get my character?
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

I'm really sorry, I've been meaning to post here for days, but I'm pretty busy at the moment. :oops:

I still want to run this campaign, but it'll probably have wait until January. I will try to provide more set up information during the next week or two though. So that everyone can make their characters.

I received you and Welsh's characters and they're both ok. Any minor issues or queries that I might have I'll contact you about by PM (hopefully soon, but as I said I'm pretty busy at the moment). :)

Don't post any characters on the forums at the moment, I just want PMs, as I don't intend to have full character sheets posted for this game.

NOTE: Please don't include Sanity scores in your character submissions, as per my first post starting sanity will not be equal to POWx5 - that'll just be the cap. Actual starting sanity will be determined immediately before we start play.

I was going to use a points build method for the characters, but since I've already got two perfectly good submissions I'll accept any character that you are happy with. If one or two of them are particularly unbalanced (positively or negatively) then we can make adjustment later - once I've got character sheets for everyone. But the important thing is that you are happy with your own character.

One more thing: There won't be any SAN rolls for dinosaurs (assuming you ever actually meet any). There will be plenty of other opportunities to go insane though, so don't worry that you'll miss out.

I'm going to post some more later today, probably in a new forum, the recruitment is done I think. :)
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Okay. I've resolved some of the issues with my character on my own, so I'll send you a more finished one by P.M. soon.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’ve had a PM from SoReal, asking if there’s still room in the game. So he’s in too.

Here’s a summary of those who’ve expressed an interest so far.
  • Jape: Interested, but MIA for nearly two months.
  • Mi-Go Agent: Draft character submitted.
  • Syrinx: Interested.
  • Yellowsign: Interested.
  • Amarriner: Interested.
  • Welsh: Draft character submitted.
  • SoReal: Interested.
I’d prefer to have 4-6 players at the start, so I’m possibly oversubscribed. When I eventually get more campaign details posted (so that those who’re waiting have more info for their characters), I’ll give everyone on the above list a week to submit characters before reopening recruitment.

I'm going to edit the first post to include this information.

I plan to start a game-forum with just a "pre-game chat/character-gen" area for now (just trying to think of a name other than "Raiko's Gaslight Game" :lol:). The forum should appear in a day or two - hopefully with some hard details about the initial situation.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

I'll try to be sure to submit a character by the end of this week. I'm still interested. (I'll also be getting back up to speed on BtMoM, incidentally).
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, this game is on hold indefinitely. :(

I’ve seriously struggled to keep posting in my existing games during the last couple of weeks, while I’ve had a busy period at work.

Therefore I’m not risking starting a new game on here until one of my current ones ends.

If anyone is keen to use their gaslight character then I apologise, but also recommend submitting your character into the other Gaslight Era game currently recruiting. Last time I looked ayupduck was struggling for players.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”