Hurricane Cthulhu [modern]: 4-5 investigators needed

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
jabonko
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Hurricane Cthulhu [modern]: 4-5 investigators needed

Post by jabonko »

I am looking for somewhere around four investigators for a home-brewed adventure set against the backdrop of a hurricane in the state of Louisiana.

And now... the 'trailer', the plug, the hook....

July 15, 2005. The New Orleans Trumpeter
" Every four years the Symposium of Unknown History meets in various exotic locations around the world. This year the symposium will be convened for the first time in the United States.
" The heart of Louisiana opens itself to welcome the esteemed lecturers who will speak on this year's theme: lost continents. The featured lecturer, Dr. Phillip Gabroman, is an alumnus of Miskatonic University in Arkham, Mass. and will expound upon the myths of a fabled continent called R'lyeh.
" The museum's rotating exhibit entitled 'Myths of Antiquity' begins July 18th. The lecture series and the symposium begin a month later on August 22nd. Admission to the museum is free. Donations are appreciated."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

I talked you into running the game so count me in.

Philulhu.
QuentintheTroll
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by QuentintheTroll »

Can I play?
The_Unmimeable
Layman
Layman

Post by The_Unmimeable »

I am willing to make my contributions to a game with a most curiosity-inducing title. Thus I can hopefully further entrench my own self into this board while I continue seeking inspiration for a character for the Delta Green game.
jabonko
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jabonko »

Sure. Everyone's in so far.
  • Philulhu
    Quentinthetroll
    The_Unmimeable
I've never run a play-by-post game before, so this will be new to me. Constructive comments are appreciated along the way, preferably by PM.
QuentintheTroll
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by QuentintheTroll »

Hey, I've never played by post, either, so I have very low expectations! :lol:

I'm excited though. I love the brief introduction you gave. Very intriguing.
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheKingInYellow »

Count me in, please! I'm excited about the idea of not being Keeper for once.
jabonko
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jabonko »

Ok. I think I'll close the 'registration' for my sake. Too many more players and I'll just get confused. Now all I'm waiting for is finding out how to set up the forum section for our game.

Here's the final player list:
  • The King in Yellow
    Quentin The Troll
    Philulhu
    The_Unmimeable
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Great :o So then, may I ask how we're going to do this? BRP, or are we going diceless (Not exactly sure any of this goes, but I understand I'm not alone :lol: )? Should we start considering the characters we're going to play, or do you want to discuss it with us before hand?
jabonko
Keeper
Keeper

"Where are the plans?"

Post by jabonko »

Well...

I'm not really sure how I want to run this. I think I'll go with BRP rules and character creation. I'm not really sure about dice, though. I think I'd like to use them for character creation, but I'm not totally sure how they'll get used throughout the actual game.

Has anyone participated in a PBP game before? How have dice been used?

As for character creation, we could get started on that....

The story begins at the Erwight Raleigh Museum in New Orleans. Throughout the week there are various lectures on subjects generally considered "outsider science," a term coined by the eccentric and extremely wealthy sponsor of this year's symposium: Monsieur Guy DeFond.

Some questions to keep in mind while generating a character:
  • When did you first become interested in "outside science"?
    Is it a fascination, profession, hobby, or just curiosity?
    How did you get to the museum?
    Did you travel far?
    Do you live in New Orleans?
I won't add too many more since I think you're all probably pretty proficient at presenting PC's (and I love aliteration :roll: )

I'm still waiting on a response for a forum section for us to use. Once that opens up I think we'll get started.
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

I rolled up a character and PM'ed him to you for your approval. Can't wait to get started :D
jabonko
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jabonko »

Alrighty, so now we have one character. Still no word on where to play, though.

One more thing. In reading through some of the other games, I've stubmled across http://www.invisiblecastle.com/. A site for online dice-rolling. Basically you'd fill in the form: roll once, 1d100, enter your skill %age in the 'notes' section. Then, once you've rolled, you'd post a link to the roll.

In order for invisiblecastle to keep the roll on record and not delete it, you have to enter a name. In order to avoid overlapping names and such, I'm gonna steal even more from other games, and suggest that we preface each name with [HCS]. So the sponsor of the symposium, Monsieur Guy DeFond would be [HCS]DeFond.

If you have questions, I suggest reading the Mountains of Madness thread topic 'Campaign General Information'. But you can also ask me.

I'll try not to call for too many dice rolls. But feel free to roll as many as you want.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”