The Eggs of Karlatt looking for PLAYERS.

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Starfish_polyp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

The Eggs of Karlatt looking for PLAYERS.

Post by Starfish_polyp »

Hello

English is my second language and I wish to run here the french campaign "The Eggs of Karlatt" (naturally I will translate everything in english.) Since I am more concerned by storytelling, a friend of mine will also help me for the game rules and for other technical stuff.

As you can tell from the cover, the story is about snakes and their god. Beside being naturally inspired from the work of H.P.Lovecraft, The Eggs of Karlatt also explore some part of the work of Robert E Howard (related to the mythos).

The campaign is set around Paris in 1986.

To start we will need 3 or 4 players.

For the characters we need:

- One of them to be french. (can be more then one)
- Others can be in France for a) work, b) following a relationship, c) visiting a friend.
- Two or more players need to have a family (wife / husband, children, dog etc...)

For profession, anything educated and liberal is welcome. The characters need to be related to each other from the start so try to select related field of study. (age: 28 to 40 years old)

Some suggested skills to build your character around: Medicine, chemistry, genetic, pharmacy, forensic, biology, psychology, south american anthropology/archeology and geology.

So If you wish to try Les Oeufs de Karlatt in english let me know here and once I have 3 player I will ask for a forum. :)

-E

http://karlatt.canalblog.com/
Last edited by Starfish_polyp on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PrBatblind
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by PrBatblind »

So that's it: you keep The Masks in French, and it wasn't enough, so you decided to try the converse pleasure, a French character-necropolis translated into English!

I tell you Starfish: you're wicked! :D

Go ahead! Guys, if only you can read French, you should have a look to Starfish's Masks' site. This girl rocks! :wink:
Starfish_polyp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Starfish_polyp »

Hello PrBatblind ;)

Well our Masks go verrry slowly since my friends are not used to role playing and are quite busy. In fact I don't even know if my players will finish the Edge of Darkness that I have set for them as a prologue. :(

I think I tried something too big for inexperienced players. Now with the Eggs I think the game length will be fine.

I also find it very interesting to bring this scenario to english readers.

And I love snakes ;) ♥♥♥♥
JRMapes
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by JRMapes »

I would love to get in on this adventure!

to contact me off forum if necessary my email is

jrmapes@ckt.net

Jerry
It is the frank & cynical recognition of the inevitable limitations of people in general which makes me absolutely indifferent instead of actively hostile toward mankind. - H.P. Lovecraft

Jerry Mapes
jrmapes@knights-n-knaves.com
Starfish_polyp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Starfish_polyp »

Thanks Jerry, I have send you a personal message.

I have also created a blog to give you some background information:

http://karlatt.canalblog.com/

Last edited by Starfish_polyp on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Woodwose
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Woodwose »

Yeah the 80's !!!

I would like to be part of the group. :D
"a strange madness came upon him. He crept away and fled to the woods, unwilling that any should see his going. Into the forest he went, glad to lie hidden beneath the ash trees."
Woodwose
Layman
Layman

Post by Woodwose »

(sorry for the double posting)

After reading what you have posted on the blog, I think I will play a dentist.

This may seem strange, but I have a nice idea for the character. :)

For the nationality issue: his father was a american married to a french women, so he will have the double nationality. The character will also be engaged in a relationship with a french women, but I don't know if they will have a kid.

I am sending you a pm ;)
"a strange madness came upon him. He crept away and fled to the woods, unwilling that any should see his going. Into the forest he went, glad to lie hidden beneath the ash trees."
Starfish_polyp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Starfish_polyp »

Hi Woodwose :)

A dentist, I like the idea.

Jerry have pm me and he want to play a forensic surgeon.

Somebody else told me by mail he was interested by the scenario, I am waiting for his answer.
Starfish_polyp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Starfish_polyp »

The forum is created :D
But in the wrong era... Once Carnage_lee will have gently moved it into the modern era section, I will post the different topic threads.
banshee
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by banshee »

Sounds cool! 8)

Let's PM details, if there's still room...
Sign at a zoo: "Those who throw objects at the crocodiles will be asked to retrieve them", (my emphasis) :)
Starfish_polyp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Starfish_polyp »

Welcome Banshee.

Yes we have room for 2 (maybe 3) more players.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”