Carry On Cthulhu!

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Carry On Cthulhu!

Post by paradys »

a few of us crazy types from the New York Baby thread are thinking of running a Carry On Cthulhu game - a slapstick spoof version of cthulhu featuring characters from the Carry On films of the 1960s

i know, i know..

anyway, i have three players definitely interested and am looking for two more max. all you need is a comedy name, preferably in the form of a bad pun, and you're good to go!
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Carry On Cthulhu!

Post by paradys »

ok. i'm want to make the rules fast and simple with the maximum potential for slapstick, so heres how character creation will work

first off there will be no skills

gasp! thats right, no skills

instead you roll up your characteristics, with hit points and sanity being worked out as normal.
when the situation calls for it I'll ask for the appropriate characteristic roll (str x5, int x 5) with failure no doubt leading to hilarious consequences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQglRWN4Is

in fact we can work out the rolls before hand to make things easier

str x5 will be the Strength roll, dex x 5 the agility roll, pow x 5 the luck roll, app x 5 the charm roll, int x 5 the obsevation roll and edu x 5 the deduction roll. that should cover just about every situation.

in fact, sod even rolling up characteristics. you can each have 90 points to divide among them as you like. you should try and make the scores appropriate to the kind of character your playing.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Still got room for one more? Sounds interesting. But I have to warn you... I may have to take a little time out as I relocate and pick up a new job. Still ... you know how active I am online... I couldn't go without it for too long, so it's one of my major priorities to get my internet up and running after relocating.

Let me know ... and I'll be glad to jump in.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

welcome aboard imp

this will be a fun little side project, so having to take the occassional time out shouldnt be a problem

if you read recent posts in the ooc thread of New York Baby it will give you a good idea of what to expect
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm currently having a bout of temporary insanity, so I decided to give this game a try. ;) I've never seen any of the Carry On movies, but it sounds like that won't be a problem. I'd like to play Professor Randy Jones, noted archaelogist and...*ahem*...man of action.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

excellent! welcome Mr Handy, or should i say Randy Jones

that makes five, which is the number of players i was looking for, so i'm closing the offer for now.

we should have a thread soon and we can "Carry On" in there.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”