Arkham circa 1941

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
dlsharrock
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Arkham circa 1941

Post by dlsharrock »

Seeking players for a new Call of Cthulhu game set in Arkham, circa 1941, with a WWII backdrop.
--
Mystery, occultism and mythology; compelling subjects best left to the open minded among us, perhaps, but with America teetering on the brink of war, and the onset of conscription seeming more and more inevitable, many are eager to distract themselves from the horrors of the real world by amusing themselves with the levity of the imaginary. Thus do a group of likeminded individuals seek solace in the Witching Hour bar, an atmospheric 'haunt' on the corner of Garrison and Main. Here they meet once a week to enjoy one anothers' company and to discuss mysteries, intrigue and strange local news.

Soon their casual interest and discussions progress, to be replaced by a more deep-seated fascination. So captivating do their discussions become, and so intriguing the news they share, that they begin venturing out together, beyond the safe confines of their favourite bar and into the moonlit streets and shadowy avenues of Arkham, there to observe first hand those many places where strange events have supposedly taken place.

This begins as entertainment, a way to experience exhileration in the spooky surrounds of a graveyard at midnight, or a purportedly haunted stretch of road in the gloomy forests outside Arkham. But when the group begin to experience first hand the things they have only previously talked about, their initial amusement escalates and becomes something altogether more exciting. Evidently, strange things really are abroad in the dark streets of Arkham.
--

I'll be running this on one of two forums (haven't decided which yet). My current preference would be Enworld, but I'm also advertising for spaces here on Play@Yog-Sothoth and if I get sufficient interest here, I'll probably choose this as the venue. Either way, this is a forum based game :)

So if you're interested in exploring Arkham, unravelling eldritch mysteries and battling the chaotic forces of a world at right angles to our own, get in touch with character suggestions.
dlsharrock
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Arkham circa 1941

Post by dlsharrock »

This game is now running on Enworld in the Playing the Game forum. If you'd like to join in please get in touch. I won't be running games on Yog-Sothoth. Bit of a closed community for my tastes.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”