Page 1 of 1

Rivers of London

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:07 pm
by jp1885
As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Anyone interested in trying out the new Rivers of London RPG? Based on the popular book series by Ben Aaronovitch, you’ll play British police officers or civilian consultants, newly seconded to the Special Assessment Unit.

Until recently it was thought that magic died in the flames of WWII, but now, things are changing…

Re: Rivers of London

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:38 pm
by Philulhu
I shouldn’t, but it’s very tempting having read some of the books!

What do you anticipate in terms of posting frequency, the time it will take to complete, etc.?

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:57 pm
by jp1885
I intend to run the introductory scenario first, which shouldn’t take long (and isn’t massively challenging tbh). Posting frequently: every-other day? Whatever you can manage really.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:33 pm
by Philulhu
Ok, count me in :)

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:30 pm
by jp1885
Hooray!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:19 pm
by SaintMeerkat
I am interested in joining.

I have read all of the books and short stories except October Man, but none of the comics. I own a copy of the rules, so I will have that for reference.

I am interested in playing a Newtonian practitioner.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:45 pm
by BoyBlunder78
Count me in. I've had the books on my radar, so just another reason to dive in 😁

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:55 pm
by jp1885
Awesome!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
I'd like to play too. I haven't read the books or comics, so this would be my introduction to the setting.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 am
by jp1885
Excellent, that’s plenty of players (including Trivun, who expressed an interest on Discord and has applied for access on the forum).

Mr. Handy, please can you create a thread in the modern section? Use the text in italics above for the blurb.

Give me a while to prep folks :)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:38 am
by Trivun
Mentioned on Discord but yes, count me in! And also hello given this is my first forum post here!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:48 am
by jp1885
Welcome!
Once the thread is up and running, I’ll start posting some stuff ASAP.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, Trivun!

The forum is up and running here.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:36 pm
by jp1885
Cheers Mr. H!
Folks, I’ve added some threads, and will post up a character creation primer when I’ve a mo.
If you’ve got a copy of the rules, feel free to make a start :)

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:19 am
by Mephistophilis
Any scope for another player? Haven't read Rivers of London for quite sometime so I'm pretty hazy about the details of the setting but I got the rules and I'd be keen to give it a go if you have space.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:13 am
by Snapper
I know you've got heaps but if you have room for more, I'm keen or else happy to go on the subs list.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:52 pm
by jp1885
Oh goodness, I’ve an embarrassment of riches it seems! Mephistophilis and Snapper, would you mind sitting on the subs bench for the time being? (I’ve probably got too many players for the first scenario as it is).
By all means create a character and post it up on the thread, and spend the time reading some Rivers of London novels until you’re called upon :D

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:01 pm
by Mephistophilis
No worries. I don't think scenarios work when they're too crowded.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:53 pm
by Snapper
👍

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:21 pm
by jp1885
Alas BoyBlunder78 has dropped out, so there’s a free space. First one to reply gets in (it’s either that or a dance-off).

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:41 pm
by Snapper
To be fair, Meph expressed interest initially before me 👆, so I will defer to Meph unless he decides he doesn't want to join.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:11 pm
by Mephistophilis
I'm busy for the next few days so happy for Snapper to get stuck in.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:47 pm
by jp1885
Ok Snapper, you’re in! Do you want to play a pregen or create your own character?
Edit: or you could take over BB78’s pregen character Eli Venturini.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:29 am
by Snapper
For preference, I'd rather create my own character! Will surf over and have a look at the forum.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:26 pm
by jp1885
Awesome! PM me if you need any help.
I'll hold off moving to the next scene to give you time to introduce your character