Page 1 of 1

Hell in Texas

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 am
by Spookymizu
"Hell in Texas" finds our team of Global News Service investigative reporters recovering from the catastrophic results of their previous adventure in their homebase of Cleveland. Despite the addition of a few new members to their "Scoopy Gang," there doesn't seem to be many stories developing. Things have literally died down in Cleveland.

The group gets wind of a possible story out of east Texas. A lurid suicide, a provocative Halloween haunted house, and hints of police corruption? Sounds like an easy bonus for the taking.
Angerstein house.png
"Hell in Texas" is the second adventure in the campaign mode for The Things We Leave Behind.

Era: Modern
System: Call of Cthulhu, 7th Edition
Style: Loosey Goosey and frequently offensive
Number of Players: Six

Investigator Expectations: All player characters are employed by Global News Service, a news agency that is willing to do the dirty work that the major networks won't do to get the story. "If you ain't lying, you ain't trying."

Spots already reserved for registered members:
  • esmdog66 as Stuart Pritchard
    Feltch as Gordon Felcher
    Shazam as Linda Castle
    Watakushi as Noble Strong
    Squidlyn_King as Jacob O'Neil
    SisqDave as Hannah Brock
Player expectations:
  • players are expected to post 4+ times a week (but I know you guys are so gung-ho, I'll be seeing you on a daily basis, right?)
    players are expected to let keeper know if they are unavailable for multiple days
    if player doesn't respond to a direct post for his character for two straight days, the keeper will play the investigator until the player returns
20180521 (Edit made for redundant language)
20180523 (Edit made to change status of participants)
GNS Logo.png

Re: Hell in Texas

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:24 am
by Spookymizu
It will be a day or two before I'll be ready for us to start, but I will be posting little things once the game gets officially posted to the forum.

And word to the wise (and the rest of ya), I will be pretty busy this upcoming Memorial Day weekend. I've got the Kinetic Sculpture Race that will keep me a runnin'. But you still might hear from me.

With fiendish delight, I am

Spooky Mizu

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:46 am
by Watakushi
Let's give 'em hell...in Texas!

:twisted:

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:33 pm
by MDPLISKIN
Can I join? I'm actually from Texas so this would be a lot of fun for me. I would like to play an East Texas local who owns a failing tourist shop and reptile farm dedicated to cryptozoology. Cole Parker's my name.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pm
by Spookymizu
Hey there MDPLISKIN (any relation to Snake Plissken? I heard he was dead.),

So sorry, but right now it looks like I have my six participants. If anything changes, I will give you a holler!

And that investigator sounds like a lot of fun to play!

With a ghoulish grin, I am

Spooky Mizu

MDPLISKIN wrote:Can I join? I'm actually from Texas so this would be a lot of fun for me. I would like to play an East Texas local who owns a failing tourist shop and reptile farm dedicated to cryptozoology. Cole Parker's my name.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 pm
by MDPLISKIN
Please do. Thanks for the reply.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
I've validated everyone who posted in this thread, so now you can all post on the game boards. I'll validate the other new players once they've posted as well.

I've created the forum for the game here and made Spookymizu the Keeper. I used the text at the top of the initial post as the blurb that appears on the main page of the site, but please let me know if you want something else.

I'd also like to be added to the waiting list if a slot opens.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:02 am
by Spookymizu
Thank ye, good sir. I appreciate your quick turnaround on everything.

Duly noted about the waiting list.

With a ghoulish grin, I am

Spooky Mizu
Mr. Handy wrote:I've validated everyone who posted in this thread, so now you can all post on the game boards. I'll validate the other new players once they've posted as well.

I've created the forum for the game here and made Spookymizu the Keeper. I used the text at the top of the initial post as the blurb that appears on the main page of the site, but please let me know if you want something else.

I'd also like to be added to the waiting list if a slot opens.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:15 am
by Feltch

Scrubs! Let's do this!

Felch

Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 am
by Spookymizu
It's the Scrub life for me!

Glad you've joined the band, Felch!

Feltch wrote:Image

Scrubs! Let's do this!

Felch

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:52 am
by Esmdog66
Stu here! So excited to hear some good news tecently and on top of that I have an interview lined up. Its been hard to find work these days but GNS says they have an opening. Hopefully whoever had the job last found it a good springboard for bugger and better things!

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 am
by Spookymizu
Oh! There definitely were bugger things.

Yep!

Glad things are looking up, Stu.

Talk soonly.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:19 am
by SisqDave
This looks fantastics

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:04 am
by Spookymizu
Glad to have you onboard, Dave.

Hugs with tentacles!

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:07 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob is ready to drive some people around.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:30 am
by Spookymizu
Good to have you back on board, Desert Eagle, errrr.... I mean, Jacob! :lol:

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
I've validated all of your players who posted in this thread except for SisqDave, who I'm not sure is actually one of them. I'm concerned it might be a spammer. Could you confirm whether or not he is one of the players you're expecting? Or he could post something that would let us know that he's here to play?

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:38 am
by Spookymizu
Mr. Handy wrote:I've validated all of your players who posted in this thread except for SisqDave, who I'm not sure is actually one of them. I'm concerned it might be a spammer. Could you confirm whether or not he is one of the players you're expecting? Or he could post something that would let us know that he's here to play?

He’s good. Well, mostly good. ;-)
I’m sorry. I thought my response to him would help you with that. I see now that I didn’t use his full username. My fault.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thank you, SisqDave is now validated as well.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 am
by ShrekIsCool
Sup brogres, this is Shrek. I'll be subbing in for SisqDave as Hannah Brock until he can start playing again. :mrgreen:

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:51 am
by Spookymizu
Awesome, Orion....I mean ShrekIsCool. Thank you so much for taking over Dave's character for him. He really appreciates it. ;)

spookymizu