1920's New Orleans

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

1920's New Orleans

Post by Seppuku »

I was wanting to start a new BRP game with the players home's in New Orleans. It would be an ongoing project if an investigator or team dies then someone new would get involved in the story. I have found a few things that happened in the 20's around New Orleans that I think I could turn into some pretty interesting Scenarios. I'm new to Tabletop RPG, and would like to try this period, and setting as my first Keeper experience. Any players interested old, and new alike, plus any regular keepers are incouraged to join to help keep me on track with the skill checks and such. I have plenty of Scenario books, and resources for the 1920's, and I Hope to see some interest. I can start up one person on a single campaign, and go from there until we have more people, and I've got loads of time on my hands, so I will post at least once a day. I will try to keep parties together by the amount the post so that everyone can play whenever they want.
“Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.'”
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: 1920's New Orleans

Post by Laraqua »

Everyone's so interested in the 1920s! What happened then that didn't have in the 1930s depression? Man, the Depression and the WWII British Home Front ... my favourite eras.

Tee hee!

But yeah, Seppuku is a good, solid poster with an eye for the peculiar. That one's bound to be fun. He has my vote (thought not my asking to join coz right now I can't take on any more games - later mebbe).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Seppuku »

I really plan on just starting it in the 20's and making it sort of epic. I see 10 years going by with no problem in this game. Since one of my ideas involves a series of killings that happened over a 10-15 year period. I want people to make as many characters as they want, and to just live them out.
“Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.'”
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Riotopsys »

I'd take on the big easy when are you going to start
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Seppuku »

I will get it going as soon as I have about 6-8 people. I'm just going to spread everyone out around the city, and let them wander aimlessly for a few days to get to know the town and themselves.
tweek
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by tweek »

Wow, sounds great! I'm a newb, but I'd love to play. I must admit, I know very little about the game. Anything I'd need to do to prepare?
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Seppuku »

I assume you have the core rules? I would just try to bone up on the 1920 new orleans scene... Not much interest in this game though. Maybe people would like to play a Samurai Cthulhu game? I'll run multiple games. I want to get as much practice as I can.
tweek
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by tweek »

I like the New Orleans idea, however i'm not sure how a samurai cthulhu game would work, seems kind of interesting...I'd actually like to play a now scenario more than anything else. Like a kind of topical scenario where there's all the ugliness of war, famine, corporate greed, etc., and some suggestion that the catalyst for these things is being generated by the cosmic horror of the mythos. Pretty ambitious, but I like the idea of modern occupations, machine guns, explosives, and other technologies being at least accessible, and the possible ironic inefficacy of the use of advanced technologies, i.e. Cthulhu gets nuked, reforms 15 minutes later, now radioactive, etc. In any event, I'm open to play anything. I'd just like to get started playing. I've actually gone through and created a character, and am about half-way
through the 6th edition rules. PM if you are starting a game. I'd love to play.
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Seppuku »

You shoudl look at Ask. It's Laraqua's game, and it's alot of fun. She was wanting to start soem new areas I believe.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

I'd be interested. The New Orleans Guidebook was the first book I bought to Call of Cthulhu.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

I'll play :) I can probably contribute at least a post a day in various hours of it. I'll try to look in to how things are done around here, and I'll read up a bit on New Orleans 1920. Please PM me when there will be more information on the start date.

Did you have any specific charachter types in mind? Or can I experiment? :)

Cheers!
zielonobrody
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
jenny_dreadful
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by jenny_dreadful »

I'd be interested, too!

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”