IC-Ep 1: Down on Durward Street

Welcome aboard the legendary and luxurious Simplon-Orient Express. Our experienced staff and lavish facilities can fulfill your every need as you travel in style across Europe. Dine on food on par with the greatest of restaurants. Enjoy a stiff drink and world class entertainment in the salon car. Rub shoulders with the elite. Rest and relax in our world-famous sleeping cars. Help solve a continent spanning threat while surviving the horrific onslaught of a dark and uncaring world, all aboard the Orient Express!

Moderator: CrackheadC.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 1: Down on Durward Street

Post by Mr. Handy »

[Image

"Pardon me, Mrs. Grim," says Rupert. "We have need of a your assistance in a few things. First, some warm water and clean towels for the doctor to help the man who was found upstairs. That pitcher would do nicely. Also, we need to know who the tenants are in the upstairs apartments. It seems there's still somebody in one of them: the one that shares a connecting door with the apartment where the man was found. And can we please borrow the keys?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"In his twenties? He looks more like he's from the twenties."

Michael looks over the two doctors' shoulders.

"Do you have any idea what may have caused this?"

OOC:,Can I roll something to see if I've ever heard of this strapping young lad? Academia was a lot smaller back then.
OOC 2:,Here's the roll for if I can :p [dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Sylvia cupped her palm and gently bounced her bob of hair round her neck, and blushed. "I was focused on the 1920s campaign," was the thought that ran through her mind.

maelstrom
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by maelstrom »

David walks across to the window and edges the curtain back and peers out into the gloom, looking to catch sight of any returning fez wearing men.

At the mention of the stricken man's age David turns back to take a good look at the man then to Michael, who seems as disbelieving as himself.
” No offence intended doctor, but are you sure. It doesn't seem possible.”

He turns back to the window and then back to the man in the bed.
“One more thing" David says with a puzzled look on his face,
" if this man is lying here in this appalling state of health, why is he wearing a fez?”
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

As Rupert approaches Mrs. Grim, she puts her paper down, "What's that dear? Someone is still in there? Curious. All of those Turks ran off I thought. Of course, please make sure it's clear." She fetches the key to the room and hands it to the young man and seems to remember something, "Oh! Maybe it's that young woman, I didn't see her leave. Please check on her for me. Her room is no longer paid for, naturally." She heads off towards the kitchen, "I'll bring up some water and rags for you, but please leave the unconnected room alone. That's Miss Habiri's room. Long-term tenant, private, rent on time, and not a trouble-maker."

Up in the room the group continues to examine the man, Michael doesn't know Matthew Pook - likely he is a new academic and not published widely. Dr. Hobbs replies, "Well it seems he has a wasting sickness of some sort, but is stable. To say the exact cause is a little more... well difficult. It sounds mad, but I want to say it is this fez," he gestures closer to it. "It seems to be bound to the man's head."
Sylvia,It is currently 1893 - there is no 1920's campaign unless I am misunderstanding. As you are close enough and examining the body I'll give you this description. Dr. Hobbs appears to be right, the fez appears to be bound to the man's head and the skin has grown around it, the wasting is worse near the contact point to the head. The Fez itself is the color of old dried blood, it smells foul and it dank looking, as if it were soaked in sump oil then dried out. Its surface is shot through with strange symbols that seem to lie under the surface of the fabric itself, and twitch and writhe in the candle light. As you look closely, you begin to hear a low hum coming from the fez. Let me know what you're doing.
OOC,Where is everyone in the room? In my mind, Sylvia, Dr. Hobbs, and David are close to the withered man. And Clarence is outside of the room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, ma'am," says Rupert, taking the key. "Thank you." He hurries back up the stairs to inform the others about what he's learned and then check out the connected room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence nods as Rupert goes past him to the room where the fez-bedecked man lies on the bed.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keeper,No, you're not. I was guessing that Dr.P was alluding to Sylvia's photo, which is an inappropriate one for 1893. I don't mind if the game lies dormant for a few months periodically, but I want, say a PM, telling that it's back on--remember you claimed that there'd be 2-3 posts per week? The game feels disjointed if there's a gap of a few weeks between posts, it's not fun and a pain to remember what's going on. I'd rather quit now than limp along.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tabs,I'll keep that in mind and PM you next time there is a gap. I am still getting into the swing of graduate work and am trying to adhere better to the schedule I set out for myself and this game. I agree that it is a pain if there is a gap, both as a player and a keeper and I'm trying to limit them. I do believe I've gotten more acclimated to the work level and that save major papers or difficult test periods, I should be able to keep to that pace. If you are willing to continue, I'll need your current actions. If not, I can take up Sylvia as an NPC, with no harm no foul as the game hasn't met your expectations so far.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keeper,I don't wish to continue.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

OOC:   Taking over Sylvia as an NPC for Tabs  
"Dr. Hobbs is quite right, David, do you mind if I call you David?" Sylvia stays hunched over the withered man as she explains, "The fez seems to have grown into the man's scalp or perhaps he had a head wound that healed around the fez, really quite grizzly, see?" Sylvia reaches over to give the fez a light tug. As the lady-doctor touches the fez you see her grimace and shudder, as a result she jerks the fez a little harder than expected. The fez remains firmly affixed to the man's head, rather his head moves with the motion of the fez' pull. "Oof, this thing is... unpleasant."

Rupert enters the room, key in tow, and relays Mrs. Grim's message that she will bring water and rags as well as recalling a young woman that had come in with the Turks and had been in the adjoining room.

"If there is someone in there we must take them now, quickly open the door Rupert. Either she was to be the next victim of these Turks or she is in league with them and must be captured." Professor Julius exclaims with a hint of worry in his voice.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Rupert nods and slips over to the door, his shotgun tucked under his arm as he unlocks the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Michael frowns at the mention of the fused fez and gladly grasps the opportunity to check out the next room. He goes to stand across the door from Rupert and nods, signalling that he's ready to accompany him into the adjacent abode.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express”