The Salon Car - OOC Chat Thread

Welcome aboard the legendary and luxurious Simplon-Orient Express. Our experienced staff and lavish facilities can fulfill your every need as you travel in style across Europe. Dine on food on par with the greatest of restaurants. Enjoy a stiff drink and world class entertainment in the salon car. Rub shoulders with the elite. Rest and relax in our world-famous sleeping cars. Help solve a continent spanning threat while surviving the horrific onslaught of a dark and uncaring world, all aboard the Orient Express!

Moderator: CrackheadC.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: The Salon Car - OOC Chat Thread

Post by Tabs »

I like it when you tell us when to expect an update; keep it up please. :)

BTW, someone posted in the recruitment thread.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

Thanks for the heads up. Mostly it is for my own scheduling purposes. Thursday is my off day, but i happen to have a fair amount of work this Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully however I am about to get some good news regarding a teaching assistant scholarship so we'll see where that takes my schedule.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

I am away for the week, so move me around as needed.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Just a quick general question CrackheadC. How are you handling things like bonus or penalty die in this game with regard to the dice roller? Personally I had though of something along the lines of a 1D100 roll and a 1D10 roll with either the high or low dice being used as required. For example say a bonus die is called for and the player would roll 99 and a 2 then that would equate to a roll of 29.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

That's likely how I'll do it, makes it simpler for the player to see the change that way too.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Cearlan, your intro post is up.

Everyone else: Things are about to get into full swing, we are only really waiting on one or two players, but I'll try to keep things moving. Expect an update for everyone this weekend.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alright everyone is essentially caught up, I plan on getting the group post up tomorrow. Victoria is still going to be separate for the moment. Arrivals at Duward street will occur in posting order (so if you post first you are the first to arrive) I'd like everyone to take into account the posts made by players who arrive before them.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Can we check a skill when we make a successful check, or do we need an impale?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Check upon making it. I don't believe the rule has changed. I'll edit character sheets to track check skills.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Thanks for being patient folks. Typically, I'd like to make sure that everyone gets a post in before I move on, but if logically I need to post before it is possible, I'll try to get it in.

Just to clarify my schedule a bit since it seems to be coming into better focus now, Monday and Thursday I TA at a university and am unable to do anything from about 10:30am-1pm. Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri I have a night class from 5:30-8pm. So provided no extraneous reading / assignments, I should be updating things in the morning. Thursday is my lightest day so expect most full updates on Thursday or Sunday. All Eastern time.

I'm as excited for the game as you guys so I don't want to just leave things hang there as well, even if it means just a tiny update.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Which courses do you TA?

And it's great to get things going. If we manage to keep it up, we'll be at it for a few Christmases, I believe.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

I TA for some course called Food in Language - I don't really know anything about it, but it's extra money in my pocket which is always a good thing. I've just started my MA in Linguistics, I know a couple people on these boards have quite a bit of higher education.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Sorry for the delay folks, very busy this week, I'm hoping to get an update in Wednesday.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

No worries. Take your time.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Sorry for the delay folks, I'm working on a research proposal that is 20% of my grade, I didn't forget about you. I'm hoping to get a post in on Friday.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Expansion pack for Arkham Horror LCG.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

I fear I will be apologizing for tardy posts a lot. I currently have a busy schedule with graduate school and am trying to make things work as well as I can without letting either the game or my studies suffer. I hope that I have your understanding for the future, only worry if I stop posting in the other games I am in - as those are less time consuming so I try to push those out quickly.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Happy New Year everyone
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh