Baggage Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Baggage Car

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do we have time for this?" whispers Kate. "Miss Aston and the others need our help." She quietly cracks open the door to the kitchen car and peeks inside, her scalpel in her free hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis saw the glimmer and the words that seemed to shine in the darkness. He heard Miss Kate's admonition about wasting time, but Artemis ignored it and turned back to document. He shone the torch's light back on it and stepped to where he could actually read it. He focused the light onto the document and read it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

His head buzzes and tingles. It seems there's more to this than just focusing the light upon it. There's a sort of ... way ... of looking at it that would help. A sort of mental squint. But it hurts your head to try and see it in the way it is intended to be seen. A way that buzzes through your brain like the snap and snarl of a split second migraine.
If you spend 1 Sanity to focus on the document,the problem is that you're trying to read something that doesn't quite sit in the same three dimensional space that you do. If you wish to read it, to understand it, you need to comprehend the geometries at work here. You see, in four dimensional space, once you include time, the document is here at one point. It was also open at another point. Focusing along those lines you manage to focus your attention to where the folder was flipped open. Now that you know how to do it, you can come back to this folder at any time to review it at no further cost. Unfortunately you have no way to move the folder. There's details of a train's itinerary here, going from London to the final destination along the track, and something about ensuring things move precisely along to schedule. Reading more will require more time...
Kate peeks through the open door and can make out the bulk of someone in the train conductor's uniform standing and facing the wall, swaying slightly. He jerks as though his strings have been pulled and turns your way, though he doesn't seem to be seeing you. His face is entirely slack, jaw hanging open, cold dead eyes staring sightlessly in your direction. (Roll Stability to avoid 1 Stability loss).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keeping her panic in check, Kate silently tries to close the door before he notices her.
OOC,Stability roll (no points spent) for seeing the conductor: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

As his mind began to scream at him, Arty blinked and turned away. Something wasn't right about this, he thought tohimself and the pain faded as he closed his eyes. His neck and jaw muscle spasmed and he walked back to where Miss Kate had been. "Miss Kate, Miss Kate," he whispered as he walked back the flashlight's beam swinging across the floor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

There's a tense moment as Miss Kate waits to see if the door creaks open but ... nothing.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's the conductor," whispers Kate, trembling in abject fear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan finally crawls inside the baggage car, only to find his friends in a terrible state. He scans the area for any sign of immediate danger, then says: "Perhaps... perhaps it was a mistake coming back here".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We have to save the others, if we're not too late," whispers Kate. "I didn't see anyone in there with him, but we know he attacked Miss Aston. We'll all have to be here and ready before we open that door again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis moved through the baggage compartment and the buzzing in his head seemed to fade as he moved. He opened the door and saw Jonathan and Miss Kate in the boot. Miss Kate looked worried and was whispering to Jonathan. Artemis missed what she said, but made a point of cautiously closing the door behind him to the luggage car. "Something odd on the desk back there, couldn't bring myself to focus on it. Hurt my eyes, behind my eyes actually."

He turned off the flashlight and rubbed his right cheek with his knuckles while still holding onto the torch.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I got the same feeling from the people eating in the dining car," whispers Kate. "Best not to even look at them. The conductor's right on the other side of this door, but I don't think he saw me. I think we're going to have to confront him if we're going to find the others. If there's no sign of Miss Aston back there, she must be through the door."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright then, we confront him. But what do we have? My cane, your wit, and Jonathan what do you have to add to this?" Artemis asked.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have my scalpel too," whispers Kate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"I struggled with him, earlier, when he first attacked Miss Aston", Jonathan shivers for a second, "He is strong... but I could pin him to the ground for a few seconds... it could be enough... enough to land a killing blow", he looks down at the end of the sentence, feeling a little dizzy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate gulps. "It's hard for me to imagine killing someone," she whispers, "but after what he did to Miss Aston, I think I can do what's necessary. We are at war, after all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

'Miss Kate, if we had cuffs or irons, we could slap those on him, but I am starting to feel that taking a prisoner isn't really an option in all of this," Arty said with a coldness that carried too much experience within it. "Who knows, maybe he'll just cooperate and help us find everyone."

Arty's chuckle and nod of the head made it clear he was being sarcastic.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate grips the door handle with her free hand while holding her scalpel behind her back with the other. Her syringes are where she can grab one quickly "I've also got some morphine," she whispers. "If I can inject him while you pin him, that should bring him down. Ready?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan exhales deeply: "As ready as I'm going to be", he answers.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Arty took a firm grip on his walking stick to where he could use it to swing at a person. He nodded at Miss Kate indicating he was ready for her to open the door and for him to go through first. He looked back at Jonathan and gave him a reassuring nod as well. "Let's do this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate quietly opens the door and steps aside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Mysterious Train”