Baggage Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Baggage Car

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, I've never seen the like," says Kate. "Nobody can time a train down to the second. They're usually late, sometimes by hours. With the war on, trains are always being delayed to let troop trains pass. Yes, let's get back to the station. I don't think we want to be here when the train pulls in again. I hope we'll be safe there until the Home Guard shows up. I did manage to get through to them earlier."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Agree, we need to get out of this damn train," Arty found himself looking more and more at the schedule. He also read the letter again. Miss Kate, what type of things happened around here in 1938? I mean the world started to unravel, Chamberlain, Hitler and such. But here, in this area,
anything?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll talk on the way out," says Kate, leading the way back to the opening they had created. "Let me think...I was living here back then, still in school..."
OOC,Will History help, or is it too recent? What about Oral History?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

History Spend is fine,People were starting to accept the inevitability of war. It seemed as though Chamberlain could only delay it, buying England enough time to prepare itself. This railway station was shut down for a few months for renovations. There were big fences erected, but the kids who peeked inside thought they saw these kinda twisted horse shoes on the windows and doors, and the building itself didn't seem much changed. All of the nails in the railway tracks were brand new like shiny pennies, but the tracks themselves were replaced with older sleepers that looked a bit different in terms of weathering as though they had come from different places. People talked about it a bit, but soon forgot about it when everything came down. They'd figured maybe there were special basements or tunnels built under the railway station but no one found any, so they soon forgot about it.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"1938 was when it looked like there was no way to avoid war," says Kate as they hurry out of the train. "I still remember the Munich crisis. As it happened, the war was only postponed, but that was when serious preparations began. The ARP started in '38, and there was also some work done on the station at the time that may also have been related to the impending war. They shut down the station for a few months and put up these huge fences. There were children who peeked through and saw that the building wasn't really changed, except that there were these horseshoe-looking things on the doors and windows. The nails in the tracks were all new, but the tracks themselves had been pulled up and replaced with older sleepers. They looked different and seemed to come from various places. Maybe there were tunnels or basements built under the station, but nobody ever found any, so people kind of forgot about it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"So, someone rebuilt the station, redid the doors and possibly built something underneath. Redid the tracks. Huh, now that is interesting," Arty rubbed his chin and and looked back over his shoulder. "S"Could there be a way of disrupting all of this, some way of undoing what might have been done during that construction?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll just have to search the station and find out," says Kate, "and we haven't much time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Arty shook his head in agreement and started to make his way towards the boot that they had cut their way into. "Let's see if we can figure out if there was something we missed on the first floor of the station."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sure we did," says Kate. "We hardly looked around at all down there, and there were whole rooms we never saw. Of course, that maniac may still be around too, so we'll have to be careful and stick together."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Agreed, we stick together, we see if there is something left under the building that might be able to send this train back to where it came from." Arty walked and stopped at where they cut their way into the boot between the cars. "I can go first, and then you folks can follow? We keep Miss Kate between us guys, right?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers, gents," says Kate, following Artemis.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Mysterious Train”