Lounge Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by jimjam »

"That slap did nothing more than bruise your ego and I dare say it might be worth doing a second time, moving train or not."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"My ego? You don't even know me, lady! You got no ideas about my ego."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan shakes his head as the bizarre conversation unfolds, then heads for the bar and pours himself another whiskey.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona says nothing more to the man. She whips around and matches over to the bar where Jonathan is and sits down with a huff on one of the stalls. "One things for certain, I'm not getting through the rest of this night sober." She says reaching over for a glass and the whiskey bottle.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Listen lady, I doubt sobriety has ever been your buzz word," says the man as a parting shot.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Hey, pretty boy, learn some education. We're paying customers, you know."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Paying customers?" He arches an eyebrow at that. "Looks to me like you just stole whiskey from behind the bar."

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona sniffles and shakily pours the whiskey into a glass. "I'm simply beyond caring. That's right! We're stealing this whiskey! If you want to have us locked up for it you'd have to get the police here, if you could, why I'd thank you for it." She slides the bottle back over to Jonathan and takes a sip out of her glass.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan takes out a few coins and places them on the counter, then pours himself another glass of whiskey.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You two got a ticket?" he asked, then clucked his tongue. "Wouldn't want to be you lot here without a ticket."

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   We surely didn't get a ticket at the station. Could we have bought it beforehand, maybe in the morning or yesterday?  
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,It really does depend. If you arrived only a day or two ago you could have already purchased your ticket. If not, it's unlikely as they're easy enough to get. Remember that if your character spent earlier posts panicking about not having purchased a ticket than you won't already have one. Tickets aren't made out in your name, so they might also be findable if you don't want to go back into the station. Alternatively, you theoretically could buy one from a conductor, typically.

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan searches for the ticket in his pockets, then shows it to the man.
Spoiler:
OOC:   Well, Jonathan was in the area for the last couple of days, and knew he was headed for London for an important work meeting, so it's reasonable he would procure a ticket beforehand.  
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"I do." Ilona says, making no effort to reach for it. She pushes her near full glass of whiskey away from her and buries her head in her hands. "I don't know how drunkards do it, this isn't talking my mind off of things at all! There must be tea around here somewhere?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Perhaps try the Lounge Car or the Dining Room Car," he says with an unkind smile and a gesture toward the other door.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona slides of the stall and takes a moment to steady herself before walking towards the dining room car.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan gets up and follows her. She doesn't seem exactly 100% ok, and there's some part of him that would rather not remain alone with the man.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That it? You two gonna go ... just like that? You sure you wanna head off just now?" He smiles at them, and it's not a friendly smile. "Smells like rain...."

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona looks back over her shoulder at the man. "Smells like rain?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Why? Can't you smell it? The energy in the air ... it positively sizzles." And with that he returns to play a lively tune upon the piano, the sounds adding to the warmth of the room and giving it the strangest feeling of well-lit safety in a world of gloom. Still the only way forward is ... forward ... through the other door.

Return to “Mysterious Train”