Lounge Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

Spoiler:
OOC, That's an Assess Honesty spend. Evidence Collection is more to notice if he has any blood stains on his clothing.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Assess Honesty Spend 1 / Evidence Collection Spend 1: It's pretty clear the man has seen too much to be readily intimidated by the likes of Charlie. It could be possible, but would doubtless require some act of extreme violence which might just cause the man to shut down. There's a shadow in his eyes, a blankness that only comes when a person jerks down the shutters and locks themselves down inside. Flattery would be irrelevant, too, as behind those fortified walls the fellow can't really *hear* Charlie. Right now you're just a shadow on the wall, unreal, inhuman. Just an image to be snuffed out. He doesn't care about you and it would take more time than you have to reach in and make him care. Perhaps if you knew more about him you could find some way to connect, but you don't, so you can't. Bargaining could certainly work, if you had something to offer that he didn't already possess or think he could get off your corpse. If you gained his trust, you might be able to manipulate him through being very reassuring but that won't work to get him to attack whatever's out there.

Looking him up and down you can see that his suit is very clean, very fresh, and the man seems well-fed. His fingers have the calluses of someone who has played *a lot* of piano. There's a little blood on his collar and the edges of his shirt sleeves, but no sign that he's been injured.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Fine," Charlie says with disgust, "Be useless." And turns back to try to help Ilona, if he isn't too late already.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gloomy Sunday - Background Music

As they pass through the communications compartment that crosses between the two cars, there is the rocking of wheels beneath your feet that sends vibrations up your legs. There is the clink of glassware and music of conversation, and the pianist playing an eerie tune from the next car over. You step out into the bar car, which is reasonably well-lit from many lamps made from fine crystal. And there is a gentleman, ravishingly handsome, who sits at the piano and plays a nimble tune. Around you is a sophisticated carriage which contains a long bar containing an array of expensive vintages and brand names -- though there is no bartender. The air is warm, perfumed, and tinged with cigar smoke. The man barely looks over his shoulder but if you've met him before, you would certainly recognise him.

Handbag on the coffee table beside two wine glasses,contains a folded tear-stained letter, pocket watch, silver locket and two wedding rings.
Suspicious stain on the carpet by the door to the next compartment,smells like red wine and is still wet. There's a few shards of broken glass, but it looks like most of it has since been cleared away.
Go back to the Day Car.
Go forward to the Smoking Car.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate enters the car and approaches the piano player, a bit nervous. "Excuse me," she says. "I heard a scream. Is someone hurt?" She glances at the red stain. "Phew, it's only wine. We'll just have to watch our step with those shards of glass."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Are you sure it wasn't the parrots?" asked the stranger, who moves behind the bar and gives them a smile. He isn't dressed as a waitor, but he gestures toward the alcohol like he must be. "Would you enjoy a drink, perhaps?"

It feels warmer in here, more cozy, as though this place was somehow isolated from all the stresses and strains of the world.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, but we haven't time," says Kate, a little flustered at how handsome this stranger was. "A parrot, I hadn't even thought of that. Still, I've got to check just to make sure. Anyway, nobody should be here. The sirens have gone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis eyed the younger lad and watched how he deftly moved to bar.

"Parrots, you don't say, folks travel with those often on this route?" He looked about as if trying to find one of the mentioned birds. "Artemis, by the way, and you are?"

He shifted his walking stick to his left hand and extended his right, offering a hand shake to the new acquaintence.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Is the threat of a bomb really your largest problem right now?" he asked Kate with a winsome smile.

He ignored Artemis' question. "You two got tickets? You're not gonna wanna head any further without a ticket. The conductor don't take so kindly to people without tickets."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate blushes a little. "We couldn't have bought tickets," she says. "The Station Master was taken ill, and then he disappeared after he recovered. Anyhow, we only boarded the train because we thought someone was hurt, and we have to evacuate everyone and get to the shelter. Jerry will be here any minute now, and if there's one thing he'd love to bomb, it's a train. You haven't even got proper blackout curtains! As good as your playing is, you need to take shelter too. And couldn't we just buy tickets on the train if we need to?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Do you work for the Railroad company, or are you a passanger on this train?" Artemis slowly lowered his hand and asked his question with a level of coolness in his voice. "Miss Kate, maybe we just want to walk up to the compartment's door there, and exit at the boot.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"The Smoking Car doesn't open onto the platform. Beyond that is the Dining Car.... The train conductor doesn't sell tickets so I wouldn't try to buy them off him. As for Jerry ... those sirens should have ended by now but haven't. Awful strange, wouldn't you say so? Perhaps someone is leaning on the handle. Hard to say.... But then perhaps you would be safer in the station. As for me, I'm where the alcohol is."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Have you seen anyone else come through this car?" asks Kate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis maintained his pleasant, business face. He continued to watch the unnamed man at the bar and waited to see what his answer would be to Ms. Kate's question.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"A few." He shrugged. "I advised that they go back to the train station to collect their tickets."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And did they?" asks Kate. "Or did they proceed to the next car?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Sorry, I am from the States, so buying a ticket at the station, and this train will end up where exactly?" Artemis asked in a crisp, hurried fashion.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"If you don't know where it's going, why did you board?" asks the fellow, ignoring Kate's original question.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I told you that," says Kate, a little annoyed at being ignored. "We heard what sounded like someone screaming and thought someone needed help, plus we need to evacuate the train. Are the people you saw still on board?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"What did those others look like? Where they in here?" Artemis ignored the counter inquiry and kept focused on the man at the bar.

Return to “Mysterious Train”