Lounge Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

"Why would I?" he asks, getting up from the piano and striding toward the bar. "I'm fine. I've got my ticket and I've taken this ride many times before. Why should I get all in a panic educating you fools on the rules when you could easily go out there and learn them yourselves?" He picks up a bottle of whiskey and pours himself a glass, dropping some cash on the counter. "How about instead of whining and crying to me you find something worth doing? The answers are all out there. It's clear as day. You just have to be willing to go out there and look for it ... all the while avoiding the things that could kill you. I mean, hiding in here is all well and good and all but don't you think you might require a ticket? And where can you find said tickets? That's right ... in the train station." He swigs the whiskey all in one gulp. "I don't know why you're saying I haven't been useful ... I've been telling you all along what you need to do but you just can't be bothered going out there and doing it yourself." He pauses. "Pity."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by jimjam »

"Fine!" She bursts. Rummaging through her handbag, she pulls out what little money she has and slams in down on the bar next to the piano man. "I'll play your-your silly little game!" And storms out of the car in the direction of the sleeping car.
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie watches this exchange silently while he pours himself a brandy, "So what are the prices here?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Sixpence for a whiskey, three and a halfpenny for a beer," says the fellow, cheerfully watching the lady head out of the lounge car.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan takes a few coins out of a pocket and tosses them on the counter. He stares blankly for a couple of seconds at his shaking hand, then closes it into a fist and hides it back into the pocket. He looks at Charlie, then says: "Mr. Hagan... do you think we are safer here than outside?"
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie sips his drink, considering. "Well, we know what's dangerous out there and so far in here we've just found this guy" he gestures to the unnamed gentlemen, "and he's more annoyingly unhelpful than dangerous." He places sixpence and a halfpenny on the counter. "I'd like to get my bags though, plus there's the others still in the station, and the way he's talking about tickets is worrying... Maybe Mr. Durant can deal with the thing outside?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The unnamed gentleman merely smirks, then returns to his piano playing.

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"This situation... is beyond absurd. I mean, you've seen that thing right?", Jonathan lowers his voice to a whisper before continuing, "That monster. And that man is there playing the piano like it's nothing. He heard it crashing on the side of the train... and he's still there playing the piano, like nothing. Don't you find that suspicious?"

He pauses for a second, to drink another sip of whisky, then continues in a normal tone of voice:
"If Durant meets that thing, he's better off running. And I hope the others are safe, but I'm not going out there again. Instead, I want to check on the other cars... see if some other... weird thing... pops up".
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Yeah, I saw it..." Charlie shudders slightly. "Anyway, maybe we should go find Miss Aston, I wouldn't want anything to happen to her while she's off by her lonesome."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"All right, lead the way", Jonathan says, standing up.
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Leaving his glass on the bar counter, Charlie strolls towards the sleeping car, "You wanna come with?" He asks the unnamed stranger, "Or are you just gonna stay here drinking and playing piano?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   I think jimjam wrote that Ilona was going to the sleeping car, but if I'm not wrong I've seen him/her posting in the smoking car instead.  
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,Ilona headed out into the Day Car whereas the Smoking Car is on the other side of the Lounge Car so you wouldn't know she ended up in that direction. Just head to the Day Car when ready.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He begins to sing as he plays, "Oh, I'll be here ... waiting ... forever waiting."

Then chuckles, long and low.

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
All right, I thought there was some mistake in jimjam's last post. Here we go.

"Good luck with Mr. Pretty Boy here", Jonathan says while opening the door for the Smoking Car.
Last edited by Overlord87 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC:   Actually, my bad, she just went off in the wrong direction. You would have seen her enter the Smoking Car as it links from this one. You could go after her in that direction. I forgot that she'd been given a confusing directive. :twisted: So just enter the Smoking Car instead of the Day Car.  

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
Fixed my post ;)
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie bursts into the room and rounds on the guy, "You! How do we deal with the ticket inspector without a ticket?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man looks up from the piano, pauses for what feels to be a millenia, and then says simply, "You die."

"That's always stopped him in the past. You die and then all is forgiven."

He pauses, reaches for his glass of whiskey, completely calm.
OOC,you can spend some of your social points to try to gain more information out of him.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Don't give me that shit. You've been on this train a few times, right? There has to be a way.

Could I spend a point on Evidence Collection to get a read on him and figure out if he's more likely to respond to flattery, intimidation or cutting a deal?

Return to “Mysterious Train”