Lounge Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

Gloomy Sunday - Background Music

As they pass through the communications compartment that crosses between the two cars, there is the rocking of wheels beneath your feet that sends vibrations up your legs. There is the clink of glassware and music of conversation, and the pianist playing an eerie tune from the next car over. You step out into the bar car, which is reasonably well-lit from many lamps made from fine crystal. And there is a gentleman, ravishingly handsome, who sits at the piano and plays a nimble tune. Around you is a sophisticated carriage which contains a long bar containing an array of expensive vintages and brand names -- though there is no bartender. The air is warm, perfumed, and tinged with cigar smoke. The man barely looks over his shoulder but if you've met him before, you would certainly recognise him.

Handbag on the coffee table beside two wine glasses,contains a folded tear-stained letter, pocket watch, silver locket and two wedding rings.
Suspicious stain on the carpet by the door to the next compartment,smells like red wine and is still wet. There's a few shards of broken glass, but it looks like most of it has since been cleared away.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by jimjam »

Ilona stops dead in her tracks as soon as she sees the man and starts to panic. "Oh no... No, no, no... This isn't real! None of this is real!" She grabs Jonathan by the shoulders "We- we need to get out of here right now! No! Wait, not leave, drink something! We need to drink something before we kill ourselves!"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan can only stand baffled for a few seconds, mouth opening and closing as he tries to process this new and unexpected development. He finally manages to say. "I understand it's been a very stressful day, but let's try to stay calm, ok? Nobody is dying, and certainly nobody is going to commit suicide. Do you know this man?"
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"No, you don't understand! There must be a gas leak in this train car!" Ilona says as she quickly makes her way behind the bar. "That's the only way to explain what's going on... I had this dream before, not fifteen minutes ago! When I came to, well, I was trying to kill myself!" Ilona pulls out two tumblers and grabs the bottle closest to her. "Everything looked and felt so real! It wasn't until I took a sip of my drink that I realised I was tasting blood in my mouth and woke up!" Ilona shakily pours the whiskey, most of the liquid goes into the counter but there's enough inside each of the glasses for a mouthful or two. "Here, drink it." She says before she downs her own.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan looks for a second at Ilona, then at the glass of whiskey, uncertain.

Oh what the hell it's just bloody whiskey.

"Sure, if it makes you feel better, I'll drink", he says as he brings the glass to his mouth.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's good quality whiskey. Yum.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona takes a moment or two to recover from her mouthful of straight whiskey. After a bit of a cough, she looks around the car to see everything as it was and frowns. "Well, this isn't good... This isn't good at all!"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan enjoys the strong taste of the whiskey. Exactly what he needed, after being for so long out in the cold.

"See? Nothing out of the ordinary. It's just the stress of the day getting to you. Sit down and relax while I try to understand what's going on with the train", he days.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona slowly and sheepishly comes out from behind the bar. "Maybe we should ask that man about what's going on? He seemed helpful in my dream at least."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan moves towards the man playing the piano. "Hello... sorry to interrupt... do you know why the train is still waiting at the station? Or where the train staff is? We couldn't find anyone, not here or at the station".
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona follows very closely behind Jonathan
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hmm?" he asks, glancing back over his shoulder with a wicked smile as he continues to play the piano. "Oh, I'm sure the train will move on once everyone is aboard. I wouldn't allow that to happen unless you're ready, of course."

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Oh, I see. Well, that's... reassuring... I guess", Jonathan says, perhaps not totally convinced. "Well then, I guess we'll sit and relax until the others join us".
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"Relax? How are we supposed to relax?" Ilona yells. "And you!" She shoves past Jonathan to point a finger in the man's face. "You better tell me what's going on here! Why were you in my dream? It wasn't an ordinary dream! Y-you made it happen somehow didn't you? You better tell us what's going on or -or else!"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"H-Hey! Calm down, Miss Aston! You're embarassing yourself! There's no way he could have been in your dreams... and you weren't even sleeping, not since you came to the station!"
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"Dream, hallucination, it doesn't matter! He was there, I've never met him before and he was there!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he watches the altercation a slow smile spreads across his handsome features. "Am I to take it that you're implying that ... I'm the man of your dreams?" His voice is soft, words honeyed and warm. His style and attitude of the sort that would win over many a young lady or gentleman that way inclined.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona gasps in indignation and slaps the man, her face going a bright shade of red. "Oh, why you... you think this is a joke! I almost died earlier and you think this is nothing more than a joke!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His Scuffling: [dice]0[/dice]

Her Scuffling: [dice]1[/dice]

He tries to catch her hand before it hits his cheek.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He fails to stop her hand, but her slap packs no strength behind it anyway and simply leaves him with an angry spark in his eye. "Listen, lady, I never clapped eyes on you before so I don't know what I gotta say to make you back down. If you almost died than you should go to the police. You want a drink? You come to me. You slap me again and I'll throw you off this train itself, I don't care if we're stopped here or moving fast. You got me?"

Return to “Mysterious Train”