Day Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Day Car

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's worse than that," says Kate with a shudder. "You didn't see into the kitchen. The meat they're cooking in there...it's people! Is there any entrance to the train beyond the kitchen, or is that the only way through?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"We need to figure out an approach something that might be the undoing of this nightmare." Artemis said with a shudder as he pushed back any glimpses he might have captured of the kitchen. His hand found his jacket pocket and the paper folded into it. He pulled it out and remembered it. He had tucked two of the tracts he found in the men's wash room in the station. He trained his flashlight onto the paper and he glanced at it. His eyes focused in on:
But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the LORD’s praise,
for He has been good to me.

The Nazis wish to take control of Great Britain as their first step in controlling the world through their ruinous Third Reich, awakening slumbering truths long dormant in the hearts and souls of Mankind. In their desperate reaches for the cruelties of old, they shall know no peace, for God will gaze down upon their unlikely answers and their cruel truths, and blast the heathen insanity for which the Aryans must soon be known. For they unwittingly sacrifice great numbers to the hungry Pagan Gods and spit forth cruel abominations.
He smiled and realized that he had stopped talking mid thought. "My apologies, Miss Kate. Seems though that this leaflet talked about the Nazi's unleashing horrors upon the world. Starting to think that this train may just such a nightmare."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"How did they even get it here?" Kate wonders aloud. "I did say earlier that we should notify the Home Guard if we could. I know there's a telephone or telegraph in the ticket office, but any saboteur worth his salt would have cut the lines." She isn't even sure the Home Guard would be able to do anything. From what her father had said, half of them drilled with broomsticks because they didn't have enough rifles to go around. She doesn't dare repeat that, though, both to maintain secrecy and so as not to damage morale.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"I absolutely agree, we should go get someone with the training to deal with stuff like this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"But how can we get past that maniac out there?" asks Kate. "Anyhow, I don't think anyone has the training to deal with stuff like this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Ok, if we can't deal with what every the thing is that is out there, I wonder how we can deal with what ever this nightmare in here? Artemis looked about the day car with his flashlight and then back over his shoulder. "We need to determine what options and I fear what weapons are needed to move against whatever is controlling this train."
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"You mean 'whoever' right? I mean, it's not like there's some thing wrapped around the train, lurking in the shadows and... puppeting... the staff..." Charlie trails off into nervous silence.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Goodness, no!" says Kate. "We're dealing with mad people here. Quite probably the Nazis are behind this, though I don't know how. Perhaps some new weapon that makes people into lunatics."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis got a whimsical smirk on his face and nodded in agreement with Miss Kate. "Ok, Nazi's, yea that may what's going on here." He had a slight shudder in the muscles of his neck and shoulders. "So, now what should we do?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe we should try to get back to the station and into the booking office," says Kate. "That's where the telegraph is, and we might also find some tickets in there so we don't fall afoul of the conductor. We will need to don our gas masks before we go in the office because of the butyric acid."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Let's get out of this place. The sooner, the better. " Artemis fought down a spasm that was trying to take control of his neck. "Yea, we need to get off this damned train."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then let's go," says Kate, stepping out onto the platform.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis followed after Ms. Kate, leaving behind the train of horrors.

Return to “Mysterious Train”