Day Car

This mysterious train pulled up at the station and has silently lurked there ever since, engine cooling, and often with strange sounds coming from its mysterious cabins. What secrets can it be hiding? What threats await?

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Day Car

Post by Laraqua »

If you have no light you can see nothing but darkness and must make your way through touch alone. There seem to be smaller compartments in here which have each had their doors removed, or perhaps they have no doors at all. There are windows set on either side of the compartments, allowing one to see inside, suggesting that these might be the bench seat compartments more typically found on trains these days. The windows themselves are rough in places, as though someone has scratched something into the glass.

If you have light you can see that this aisle has the more typical divisions of smaller compartments, or rooms, which have had their doors removed so that more can stand in here. Each compartment holds two bench seats on either side which face each other and luggage racks above them. All of the pale green blinds are down and none of the lights are on which means they have to move in darkness but from the light of any torch they might wield. There are some hat boxes, suitcases and the like on some of the luggage racks just as there are books of various descriptions alongside cigarette packs, handbags and lighters on some of the benches. There's even a cane stood up in the corner of one of these compartments. There is a lot of graffiti on the glass, much of which appears to be poetry of some kind.
A few easy lines that can be read while walking along without greater effort,Whenever Richard Cory went down town, We people on the pavement looked at him: And I knew a simple soldier boy Who grinned at life in empty joy, And Deeming that I were better dead, "How shall I kill myself?" I said. And The firmament breaks up. In black eclipse Light after light goes out. One evil star,
Art History Knowledge,all of these are lines from very famous poems about suicide.
Searching the baggage,finds a lot of personal equipment, money, medicine, National ID cards, train tickets, gloves, telegrams, photographs, gas masks, hats, and even leave passes for the military. NOTE: You must spend three posts searching the luggage here.
Go backward for the Second Class Sleeping Car.
Go forward into the Lounge Car.
Leave for the Platform.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: Day Car

Post by Overlord87 »

"What the... hello, is anyone here?, Jonathan asks loudly. "Let's try not to lose each other, Miss Aston", he then adds more quietly as he starts moving along the corridor, periodically making noise with a fist on the wall to make sure that Ilona can always be sure of where he is. Jonathan enters all the compartments as he moves, searching for anything that might be useful, or any way to make some light.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by jimjam »

Ilona follows Jonathan closely through the car, jumping slightly every time Jonathan knocks on the walls. "It's strange, two cars and not a single passenger in sight! Everyone must have thought to catch an earlier train today, or perhaps the other cars are very full up!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The compartments have benches, bags, luggage racks and all kinds of random things like one might carry onto a train but which probably wouldn't be left behind. It doesn't seem like a good idea to reach out and randomly touch things in here, though. It could be far too easy to run one's hands across broken glass or a blade or ... something else. Everything always feels so unsettling in the dark. Heck, it almost seems like there are things scuttling about in here, almost but not quite heard under the sound of their own footfalls. It's probably nothing, but it just feels wrong to remain in the dark. Somewhere up ahead comes the sound of piano music. Soft and low, like it were coming from very far away.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by jimjam »

"Oh! Do you hear that? Everyone must be in the next car." Ilona smiles. "So if that's where everyone is, it must be warm in there as well."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

"Well, better than staying here, I guess", Jonathan says as he heads towards the following car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nothing stops them from moving forward into the Lounge Car.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie hurriedly slides the door closed behind him. Reaching out to guide himself with his hands, he makes his way through the car, looking for someone, anyone.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

If you have no light you can see nothing but darkness and must make your way through touch alone. There seem to be smaller compartments in here which have each had their doors removed, or perhaps they have no doors at all. There are windows set on either side of the compartments, allowing one to see inside, suggesting that these might be the bench seat compartments more typically found on trains these days. The windows themselves are rough in places, as though someone has scratched something into the glass. Other than a few bumped ankles, you will make it through without much trouble.

If you have light you can see that this aisle has the more typical divisions of smaller compartments, or rooms, which have had their doors removed so that more can stand in here. Each compartment holds two bench seats on either side which face each other and luggage racks above them. All of the pale green blinds are down and none of the lights are on which means they have to move in darkness but from the light of any torch they might wield. There are some hat boxes, suitcases and the like on some of the luggage racks just as there are books of various descriptions alongside cigarette packs, handbags and lighters on some of the benches. There's even a cane stood up in the corner of one of these compartments. There is a lot of graffiti on the glass, much of which appears to be poetry of some kind.
A few easy lines that can be read while walking along without greater effort,Whenever Richard Cory went down town, We people on the pavement looked at him: And I knew a simple soldier boy Who grinned at life in empty joy, And Deeming that I were better dead, "How shall I kill myself?" I said. And The firmament breaks up. In black eclipse Light after light goes out. One evil star,
Art History Knowledge,all of these are lines from very famous poems about suicide.
Searching the baggage,finds a lot of personal equipment, money, medicine, National ID cards, train tickets, gloves, telegrams, photographs, gas masks, hats, and even leave passes for the military. NOTE: You must spend three posts searching the luggage here.
Leave for the Platform.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Realising he's still alone, Charlie bumps his way to the end of the car. Finding the door he runs his hands desperately along it, searching for the handle.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens before him and a figure looms in the doorway, back lit by light from the open door to the Lounge Car beyond. It's been so dark for so long that Charlie is half-blinded by the display. Who is this? A person? Something else? He can't see anything but the silhouette.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

If you have no light you can see nothing but darkness and must make your way through touch alone. There seem to be smaller compartments in here which have each had their doors removed, or perhaps they have no doors at all. There are windows set on either side of the compartments, allowing one to see inside, suggesting that these might be the bench seat compartments more typically found on trains these days. The windows themselves are rough in places, as though someone has scratched something into the glass.

Leave for the Platform.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate makes her way through the car, shining her torch around as she goes. "Looks like there's nobody here," she says. "On to the next car. There really ought to be blackout curtains over those windows. The blinds just aren't good enough, though my torch is hooded and shouldn't reveal any light to the outside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Fine, fine," Artemis said in a clipped tone that his family would have instantly realized meant nothing was in fact fine. He followed after Ms. Kate and swung his head about to see what her light revealed. He left his in his suit pocket. The tapping of his walking stick echoed in the car as they proceeded through the car.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate proceeds to the next car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Leave for the Platform.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate enters the car, flicking on her hooded torch to pierce the darkness.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright, then the torch it is," Artemis pulled it from his pocket and cast the stream of light about after shifting his cane to his left hand.
Spoiler:
W/o spending points, Art History roll [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Art History is an investigative skill, so there's no need to roll. If you have at least one point in the skill, even if it's all been spent, you can click that button and read it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

OOC:   Ok, got it. Wasn't sure, Mr Handy appreciate that.  
"I am starting to understand the tone of this train a bit too much," Artemis face twitched as he realized that the writings were all about suicide. "I really think we need to get off of this train and see if there is some way to get help from the authorities. Or, try entering the train from first car and work our way back."

Return to “Mysterious Train”