Romantic Horror, London, circa 1800

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Book the Second, Chapter the Fifth: After the Catastrop

Post by Rooter »

"But zis is impossible," Vincent grumbles after racking his brain.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

If I may still make a suggestion, despite William's departure:
The Feathered Serpent said,that only one of the statements was true - but it didn't say that only one of the doors led to freedom. The first and third statements directly contradict each other - therefore one of them must be the true one - therefore the second statement must be false, implying that the second door leads to freedom.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,I concur SunlessNick.
Having listened to the conversation in twitchy silence, Lepus squints at the writing. After ruminating for a second or two, he nods.

"Aye, 'tis decided - the third door tells the truth and thus the second door leadeth to freedom. Mayhap, one day we may converse more fully oh deity, but alas not today - unless thou knowest how to defeat the Fae Lady and wish to grace us with a clue or somesuch parting gift?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I quite agree," says Henry. "I've come to the same conclusion. The first and third doors cannot possibly be both true or both false, so one of them must be true and the other false. Logically, since only one door can be true, the second door must be false and must therefore lead to freedom."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

"Excellently reasoned, gentlemen. You may go," the being replies, apparently pleased at having thus matched wits. "As for my aid in whatever coming battle you may face, I confess that my children in the other half of the world built their mighty empire with my help. At a price, to be sure; a single human heart, newly torn from the chest of its living owner with the use of an obsidian blade, for each individual enemy you wish to defeat. Make such sacrifice, and I will appear."

With those words, the deity vanishes. The adventurers are free to pass through the correct door, and emerge into the world of sunlight. Gog, however, expresses, albeit in inarticulate fashion, a desire to remain in his underground lair. As the others depart, they can hear him using his mighty fists to make such repairs upon the rock walls are as possible.
Spoiler:
The Patient Reader will please continue onward to Book the Second, Chapter the Sixth.

Return to “Ghastly Affair”