Romantic Horror, London, circa 1800

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Chapter the Eighth: Across the Channel

Post by SunlessNick »

Ines is no nurse, but does what she can to assist in the tending to Ivan and Miss Davenport, as she is not aware that it is her own bout of panic that began this grievous melee. She also ventures the opinion that much of what occurred could not have been coincidence. "That the coachmen chose here, so close to Miss DuPray's hideout. That she was hiding where she was, when her brother was seeking her in Paris. Would we even have passed this way were it not for the storm that blew our ship off course? It seems forces aligned to cross our paths. But was it Providence assisting us in finding her, or her own trap intended to snare you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Elizabeth, my love," says Henry, gazing into her eyes now that he has finished treating the injured. "Are you all right? It must have been a terrifying experience. I am relieved that we arrived in time to rescue you. After what the old man had told us, I was deathly afraid for you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

"I cannot begin to thank you all for my timely rescue," she said gushingly, then Elizabeth Carrow clucked around the injured Miss Davenport and Ivan, not too effectively it has to be said, but her heart was in the right place... Elizabeth felt a touch diffident towards Ines, she being a common gypsy. "Is there anything I can do?" asked Elizabeth.

She didn't contribute to the next step, happy to leave her future to others.
OOC:   '"Elizabeth, my love," says Henry'--are we romantically attached, Mr. Handy?  
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by SunlessNick »

"I thank you," says Ines to Miss Carrow. "But I do not think so. Ivan more deserves your care; his wound is severe."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Elizabeth nodded to Ines: "Yes, I will see what can be done for him,"--thinking of creating a pillow of her shawl for Ivan's head.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

For her part, Lila spends the journey attempting to recuperate whilst brooding on the ways of evil, casting occasional furtive glances at Mister Witherly but knowing he must be allowed to grieve as is proper.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Tabs wrote:
Spoiler:
OOC:   '"Elizabeth, my love," says Henry'--are we romantically attached, Mr. Handy?  
Spoiler:
Before you took on this role Doctor North and Miss Carrow had declared True Love for each other,
which has advantages and disadvantages for the players.
The Patient Reader will please proceed to Chapter the Ninth.

Return to “Ghastly Affair”