IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Re: IC

Post by Cotton »

As you introduce yourself one of the soldiers perks up.
"A translator?" He asks. "Did something happen to Rahimi?"

After a short pause one of the other soldiers responds to your question.
"Nothing interesting has happened around here in a while. We patrol the area around the base during the day, and stay here during the night."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"As far as I know, Rahimi is fine," says Craig. "I'm not here as a replacement. It's good that things have been quiet around here. I hope they stay that way. Any scuttlebutt about the base?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Tyner buys a round of beer for Jacobsen, Alex, and maybe any of Jacobsen's buddies, if they want to join in. He refuses one of Alex's cigars, with a touch of the annoying, condescending superiority of the non-smoker to the smoker. He starts talking to Jacobsen about sports, then the local climate, only obliquely leading up to Ellis.

"I understand you lost some men looking for him. Any idea what happened?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The ANA solider to Reynolds:
"Some of the American soldiers went out on patrol the other day and never came back, and that has their officers really riled up."

Jacobsen will pause a moment and lick his lips before answering Tyner:
"Part of me feels like I probably shouldn't tell you this, but another part of me insists that if you're going out to look for Ellis you should know. I was in the radio room when the men that disappeared told called in to tell they had gotten lost. Now, they had orders to stick to the roads surrounding the base so there really shouldn't have been anyway to get lost. I mean there's not even really any traffic out there save maybe shepherds with herds of goats. At some point they came under attack apparently but it was pretty much impossible to tell what was going on through all the static. I tried to see if any satellites we may have had in the air caught what had happened but there was some kind of weird interference."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can imagine," says Craig, realizing that they probably don't know any more than he does at this point. "Well, thank you. It's been nice talking to you. I'll see you around."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Jacobsen will pause a moment and lick his lips before answering Tyner:
"Part of me feels like I probably shouldn't tell you this, but another part of me insists that if you're going out to look for Ellis you should know. I was in the radio room when the men that disappeared told called in to tell they had gotten lost. Now, they had orders to stick to the roads surrounding the base so there really shouldn't have been anyway to get lost. I mean there's not even really any traffic out there save maybe shepherds with herds of goats. At some point they came under attack apparently but it was pretty much impossible to tell what was going on through all the static. I tried to see if any satellites we may have had in the air caught what had happened but there was some kind of weird interference."

Sounds like Delta Green business for sure.

"Thanks, Lieutenant. I'll make sure to tell Byers you gave us a full tour of the base. I guess we should check out Ellis' hut now."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

You head to Ellis's quarters in the officer's section of the base. Even just walking by you can tell that the majority of these buildings stand empty. There are two soldiers standing at the front of the building chit chatting. When they notice you heading towards them, the men stand at attention and one of the drops and stamps on a cigarette. They wait for you to address them.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"I'm Doctor Tyner. These are my associates, Alex and Craig."

Maybe that sounded a little arrogant. Too bad.

"We're here to find out what happened to Major Ellis. We'd like to check out his hut. Captain Byers gave us the OK. Can you men tell us anything about what happened?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The solider who had been smoking pipes up.
"Ellis? They said he was Army Intelligence but he had to be CIA right?"
He looks over to his buddy, who nods his agreement.
"We were told not to go near him, but I know that Booker and Bryant used to talk to him all the time. Wouldn't want to be those guys right about now."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Who else has already been through the hut?" asks Craig, reasoning that it would be useful to know who else might have searched it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"We were told not to go near him, but I know that Booker and Bryant used to talk to him all the time. Wouldn't want to be those guys right about now."
"Why not? Can we talk to them?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The same solider replies.
"Ellis must have fucked up royally. That's the only reason I can figure that he'd just up and disappear, and on top of that the guys we sent after Ellis got killed. They were good guys, and them dying so close to us getting out of this shit hole has gotten everyone riled up. Everyone knows that Booker and Bryant talked to Ellis a lot, and that makes them guilty by association as far as most people are concerned."
He pauses for a moment to think.
"Bryant is usually at the motor pool, and Booker, if he isn't with Bryant, would be at the aid station."
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner glances at his companions.

"Maybe we should split up. Can't spend too much time just wandering around. One of us search this place, somebody find Bryant, somebody find Booker. Any volunteers?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm good with people," says Craig. "I'll go have a chat with Bryant." He repeats his earlier question to the soldiers, as he hasn't gotten an answer from them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The soldiers turn to Craig.
"The Captain gave orders that no one was allowed to go in after Ellis disappeared, that's why we're here guarding it."
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"The Captain gave orders that no one was allowed to go in after Ellis disappeared, that's why we're here guarding it."
"That doesn't mean us, of course. The Captain wants us to check it out."

Tyner turns to Alex. "I'd suggest you stick around here and look over the hut. The Captain can vouch for us being on assignment. Meanwhile, I'll go track down Booker. I'll try the aid station first."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The guards will let you guys into the hut. They know that you three are new to the base and so assumed that you were there because of Ellis.

Tyner why don't you go ahead and give me a luck roll to see if Booker is at the aid station.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner locates the aid station and introduces himself. "I'm looking for Booker. He around?"
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what I'm looking for for a luck roll -- luck doesn't seem to be a basic characteristic. I'm guessing a roll of 1 is successful.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The solider points toward the back of the aid station, and Tyner is easily able to find Booker. Booker is tall and muscular with a linebacker's build. He greets Tyner as he approaches.
"Hello. Can I help you?"

(OOC: Sorry I forgot to say the luck is your POW x5)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig heads to the motor pool to look for Bryant.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: Khali Gati”