IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Re: IC

Post by Cotton »

Looking through satellite imaging data you see that the most practical location for a drop-off would be near the base of Varjita mountain, and that would be followed by a two hour hike to find the location where you, based on the information you collected, Kali Ghati to be.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"We'll need water, plenty of it, and some food. Medical supplies and arms. Maps, maybe a small camera, all that stuff." He looks at Alex. "You're the expert on hiking in the wilderness. You should be in charge of preparing our packs. Oh, more than one radio set, too; we can't afford to be out of communication. Maybe body armor, if they won't weigh us down too much." He grins sardonically. "Just a nice little walk. Should be fun."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Does anyone know what Ellis took with him when he went off there?" asks Craig. "He may not have been right in the head, but he may have known something about what to expect and made special preparations."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

According to the men on guard that night, Ellis just walked off base. They didn't see him carrying anything, and do not know what he might have had hidden on his person if anything.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Looks like we're on our own. I suggest we get a good night's rest and head out at dawn fully supplied. Maybe three men have a chance where a big group drew too much attention."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig nods. "Yeah, it's been a long day," he says. "Let's get what rest we can."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

OOC:   What kinds of preparations do you make for going back out into the field? And will it just be the three Delta Green agents?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,We could use someone with local knowledge of the area we're going, if there is someone like that here. We might also want a little more firepower along with us.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

OOC:   The closest person available with knowledge of the area would be Rahimi (for knowledge of people living here and geographic knowledge) or one of the soldiers (for military operations in this terrain and an extra gun). You could try to get Rahimi and or one or more soldiers but it might require some persuading considering how your last outing went.

And here is a list with some equipment you could requisition if wanted:
Encrypted radio and backup
Maps of the area
handheld digital cameras
M4 carbine- 30 rounds (2 reloads), Damage: 1D12, Armor Piercing: 3, kill damage: 10%
M9 pistol- 15 rounds (2 reloads), Damage: 1D10
M67 hand grenade (x2)- kill damage: 15%, the skill that governs grenades is Athletics
M9 bayonet- Damage: 1D6 (1D8 if affixed to rifle), Armor Piercing: 3
Tactical Body Armor- It is the same kind of armor the soldiers would be wearing, and in game terms would have an armor rating of 5. This means that if you are wearing this and get attacked for 6 points of damage you subtract 5 of those points and only actually take 1 point of damage to your hit points.
Medical Kits
Flare gun and flares
Enough food and water for a few days (just in case)  
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner takes a look at the list of available equipment. "Looks good. I'm not that great a marksman, so I'd like to carry some of the grenades and a medical kit. Body armor is a good idea. Craig, if you can convince Rahimi to come along, that would be a big help. I'm going to see if I can find a GI willing to go on a special mission."

He talks to some of the toughest-looking soldiers, hinting that volunteering to go with them might be worth a promotion.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He'll be a tough sell," says Craig, "but I'll see if I can convince him." He goes off in search of Rahimi.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Tyner:

Are you looking for someone who didn't go out previously or one of the survivors?

Craig:

You find Rahimi leaving Captain Byers' office, he has obviously just been debriefed. He attempts to greet you in English but is having trouble finding the words.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner looks for somebody new, a tough, experienced combat vet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We can speak in Dari," says Craig in Dari. "I'm very comfortable with it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Tyner:

While you are searching for a volunteer you are approached by Booker. He has obviously been crying and looks at you with an expression of pure hate.
"You lookin' for more of my friends to murder?"

Craig:
Rahimi says, "Th- Thank you, friend. I- I have never had such a terrible experience. Usually the fighting was much farther away from where I was. We should thank God that those attackers fled."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're welcome, my friend," says Craig. "I've been in a dangerous situation before, but never like that. You're right, it was horrible. I have to admit that I'm afraid to go back out there, but I have to. We need to find Ellis. If I were stuck out there, I would want people to come rescue me. And we were stuck out there. We'd still be there if that chopper hadn't come to pull us out. I didn't want to have to ask you to come with us, but we need someone who knows the area well. I'll understand if you won't, considering what we went through last time. This time at least we know what to expect and will be better prepared, and they'll never expect us to return."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Cotton wrote:Tyner:

While you are searching for a volunteer you are approached by Booker. He has obviously been crying and looks at you with an expression of pure hate.
"You lookin' for more of my friends to murder?"
This is a delicate situation with no good way to handle it.

"Nothing I say can bring back your friends. They were good men, doing the worst job in the world. I've got a job to do, too. It can be dangerous, but not as dangerous as yours. Any time you want to talk about it, I'm here. Meanwhile, I've got a duty to perform, as unpleasant as it may be."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

OOC:   Mr. Handy:
Rahimi is working as a translator for the military in the hopes of being able to move to the U.S. like his cousin. He has mentioned this in front of you at least once. If you make a 0/1D4 San check (for Helplessness) you can convince Rahimi automatically that if he helps you with this you can get him into the country. The reason for the San loss is that,officially speaking, you are not supposed to be at FOB Turner (you're only there because Delta Green has pulled some strings to get you on the mission) and would have no way of actually helping him out. So essentially you would be asking him to risk his life, promising a reward for it, and then disappearing without ever making good on your promise.  
Tyner:
For a minute you're certain that Booker is going to hit you, but the blow never comes. Maybe you talked some sense into him or maybe he is just too overwhelmed by the days events to really function, but he will just stare at you until you walk away. You do manage to find a few men by the PX who look like they'd be right for the job.
OOC:   Roll Persuade to see if you can convince one or two to volunteer.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have some connections back in America," says Craig. "I might be able to expedite getting you entry." He feels a twinge of guilt, but he tries to assuage it by telling himself that he'll see if Delta Green might be able to arrange it if he can convince them that Rahimi would make a good asset.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 74) fo convince [b]Rahimi[/b] to join us: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Craig:
Rahimi's mood immediately brightens, and he even switches back to English. "Well I hear from the GIs that it is much safer to travel by air. Ok, I will help you friend."

Return to “Delta Green: Khali Gati”