IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We thank you for your hospitality," says Craig in Dari, greeting her respectfully and taking a seat on a cushion facing her. "Our friend's name is Ellis, and he came to your village some time ago. We were hoping we could speak to him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

As Badaa Bahan speaks a couple villagers pass out cups and pour green tea in them. The entire tea set is ornate but, much like the rest of the village, very old. You are each offered some tea as well.
"Ellis, that's right. I apologize my memory is not as good as it once was. When he came here he said he wished to speak with (she says a combination of words that Craig believes translates to 'little god' but due to her odd dialect he is not entirely sure). He is the first outsider in living memory to do so, and we were more than happy to oblige. 'little god' lives in the monastery that was built into the cliffs. You're friend Ellis is still up there as far as I am aware."
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

While listening to this conversation Tyner takes a small sip of the tea. It would be rude to refuse, but he's a little paranoid about that fungus. He tries to notice if the tea has any effect on him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Craig, gratefully accepting the tea and sipping it. "We would like to go to the monastery too. Can you please tell us how to get there from here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Tyner:
The tea smells and tastes like normal green tea, and is not bad. You don't feel any different after taking a sip.
OOC:   You can make an Alertness roll though.  
Badaa Bahan sips her tea and waits patiently during the translation portions of the conversation. After Craig poses his question she replies, "The only way to the monastery is by climbing up the cliff. It should not be especially difficult for you three, but I will send Dalir and Farhaad with you. They make the climb fairly often, and they two guided your friend up if I remember correctly." She looks to Dalir to who nods emphatically.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Alertness = 40%[dice]0[/dice]
Tyner enjoys the green tea. It makes me feel more awake and aware of his surroundings.

So far everything seems too easy. These folks are too friendly, too eager to help them. Still, they've got no other way to find Ellis.

"I hope it's OK with these people if we take Price and Alex, too. And the fact that we carry arms. We can say it's to fight off bandits."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig translates for the old woman. "Thank you again," he says. "We have two more friends nearby who can meet us there. They are armed, to protect us as we travel. Is it all right if they join us?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Tyner:
You notice that Rahimi, since he has not needed to do any translating has been very carefully trying to look as if he is drinking tea without actually drinking any (or at least not drinking very much). You also see that all the other villagers watch the old woman reverently, and have paid almost no attention to you since the meeting began.

Badaa Bahaan says, "You are very welcome young man. If you need time to collect your friends you can and then you can all meet Dalir and Farhaad at the base of the cliffs."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We shall do that," says Craig. "It has been a pleasure meeting you and visiting your village. I hope we can stop by again on our way back."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner bows respectfully to the old woman and goes back to the others. "So far, so good. Be prepared for anything, though. You never know who might be up in these hills."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Badaa Bahaan returns the bow as best she can and declares the tribal meeting to be at its end. As the three of you exit the building and head towards where you left Alex and Price you are followed by a few of the children who still regard you with curiosity.
OOC:   Please make a Con x 5 check.  

Alex:
14 x 5 = 70
[dice]0[/dice]

Rahimi:
10 x 5 = 50
[dice]1[/dice]

Price:
16 x 5 = 80
[dice]2[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In spite of recently having had tea, Craig feels weary.
OOC,CON x 5 roll (50% stat) leaving the village: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
CON = 8X 5 = 40[dice]0[/dice]
Tyner doesn't feel that great. Must be old age creeping up on him.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

By the time the the three of you have made it back to where Price and Alex wait, you both have started to cough unpleasantly and feel very fatigued.
OOC:   Lose this much in Willpower:
Craig:
[dice]0[/dice]
Tyner:
[dice]1[/dice]  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

So you have all regrouped and know that two men wait to guide you up the cliff to the temple where you were told Ellis is. What do you say to Alex, and the non-Delta Green Price, and what is your next move after that?
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"This is it, men. The last known whereabouts of Ellis, the man we've come to find. I don't see any obvious signs of danger, but you never know what's happening in these remote areas. Be prepared for anything. We've got a couple of guides. Anybody who doesn't feel like going along, well, that's your call. This is a volunteer mission. Any questions?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Price stands at attention while Tyner speaks, once the older man is finished he replies, "No point in coming all this way and not seeing this to its end, I'm coming with. One question though, sir. When you met with the villagers did they mention seeing any other Americans? The guys that went after Ellis initially?"

Rahimi is obviously very nervous about the idea of going into the temple on the cliffs, but says, "If everyone else is going I will too, as you say, safety in numbers."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I do feel somewhat tired," says Craig, "but I don't know why. We shared some green tea with them. I'm not sure what was in it, but it would have been rude to decline. They didn't mention anyone else coming here to look for Ellis, but I'd think they'd have mentioned it if it had happened. They did say it was rare that they received visitors. The other search parties might not have found the village or not made it this far. The elder did say that Ellis was the first outsider in living memory to go up the mountain to the monastery. If anyone did come here looking for Ellis, I can't imagine they'd have turned back without trying to follow him or reporting where he had gone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Price tries to hide his disappointment. "That's what I was afraid of. Thank you, sir. I'm ready when everyone else is."

You make your way through the decrepit village, occasionally spotting curios villagers watching you from inside their homes. As you are walking Alex pulls the two of you as far ahead of Price and Rahimi as he can without them getting suspicious and says, "When you met with them did the villagers say or do anything weird? I mean you guys are here because you know the kind of weird I'm talking about right?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig nods in response to Price's last question. "There wasn't anything they said or did," he says, "but I did notice one unusual thing: In the elder's home there was an ancient golden statue of a dragon with rubies as its eyes. This is a representation of the sun god Zun, which was something that had interested Ellis."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: Khali Gati”