IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

IC

Post by Cotton »

For the actual game.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC

Post by Cotton »

Location: U.S. Army Forward Operating Base Turner in the mountains of the Paktika province of Afghanistan.
Date: Summer, 2015

What you know: FOB Turner was home to one Delta Green agent and CIA operative by the name of Tim Ellis. While at FOB Turner Ellis was undercover as an Army intelligence major. Three nights ago Ellis wandered off and he hasn’t been seen since. The next day the FOB sent squads after Ellis in two armored vehicles. Only one returned. The day after that, Delta Green ordered you to FOB Turner. Your mission is to find Ellis without bringing any unwanted attention to yourselves or the group as a whole. True to form, Delta Green has told you nothing about Ellis’ activities or larger mission. The FOB’s commander, Capt. Eliot Byers, is to provide you with “all reasonable assistance.”

The arid desert air strikes each of you as you step off the helicopter and onto the military base. There is very little activity considering the size of the base.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

John Tyner imagines he can feel the dry wind suck the moisture greedily from his body as he exits the chopper. Besides everything else, he'll have to stay well hydrated during this mission. That means drinking a lot of water. Keeping a good supply of that on hand at all times will be a problem, if they have to trek out into that wasteland of rock and sand.

Never known for his patience, Tyner marches forward to greet the first soldier he sees on the surprisingly quiet base with a quick salute.

"Doctor Tyner," he says, emphasizing the title. "I'm to report to Captain Byers."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Dr. Tyner finds the nearest solider, who's tag reads Spc. Bryant, inspecting vehicles at the motor pool. When addressed he looks the doctor up and down, and then watches Tyner's compatriots as they exit the helicopter.

"Alright. I can take you there."

And with that he will lead you to Byers' office.

When you arrive at the officer's quarters you find a man, obviously Byers, barking orders at two subordinates. The two men are hurriedly rushing about the tasks Byers is giving them, which seem to mostly involve taking paperwork from the captain, filing it, and bringing him more papers. The commotion halts once Byers notices you; he is currently waiting for you to speak.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The Captain seems like a busy man, even if it's just typical military bureaucracy. It would probably be best to make this seem like a routine matter.

Tyner salutes Byers. "Excuse the interruption, Captain. We're here about Major Ellis. Perhaps you can suggest a time we can discuss this matter at your convenience."

He watches the officer and his men closely to see how they react to the name.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Captain Byers runs his hands through his closely cropped hair.

"Right the Major. I was wondering when someone was going to show up about that. You'l have to excuse me for not meeting with you already, the brass doesn't tell me anything anymore so I had no idea when you'd arrive let alone who you are. Now would be as good a time as any to talk about Ellis, I could use a break from all this."
And as he says that last part he gestures to all the paperwork on his desk.
"Please take a seat."
maelstrom
Initiate
Initiate

Post by maelstrom »

"Thank you Captain" says Alex, laying his rifle bag against the side of a chair and removing his backpack.
He takes a canteen from his belt and pours alittle water onto his shemage and drapes it back around his neck."the heat is going to take a little acclimatising too" he says with a smile.
He settles into a chair and glances around the office before returning his gaze to the Capt. " So Captain, what can you tell us about Ellis's disappearance?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Byers takes a minute to gather his thoughts before he starts speaking.

"I'm sorry to say that there isn't much I can tell you about Ellis. He came to the base a few months ago, and I was given orders to leave him alone; not that I would have bothered to keep an eye on him at any rate, we don't have enough men here for that and most of my day is spent filing paperwork for the transition. What I do know is that Ellis was a Major with Army intelligence; he never said what he was doing here and he and I only occasionally spoke. It's my understanding that on the day he left he just walked out the base's gates. After he disappeared I set a constant guard on his hut; you might be able to find more useful information there."

At this point you can all make a HUMINT roll if you wish.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Intelligence, eh?" Doctor Tyner nods to his companion. "That's more in his line than mine, but I've had a little experience with it." He rubs his jaw and thinks about it.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
"Actually, the name does mean something to me, come to think of it."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Those of you who make your HUMINT role notice that Capt. Byers does't really seem to believe that Ellis was army intelligence. You also notice that the more the Captain goes on about Ellis the more agitated the two men who had been assisting him with paperwork become.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Byers isn't telling everything he knows. That's pretty typical for Delta Green missions. He'd probably be happy to wash his hands of it.

"Thanks, Captain. We'll be sure to check out the hut. Meanwhile, I could sure go for a cold beer."

Tyner glances at the two soldiers assisting the Captain. "If you or the men can spare a few minutes, I'm buying. Where's the PX?"

Maybe a little alcohol will loosen a few tongues.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Why don't give you me a persuade roll Dr. Tyner. That will determine how cooperative they are
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Cotton wrote:Why don't give you me a persuade roll Dr. Tyner. That will determine how cooperative they are
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Tyner gets the idea that at least one of the men might be interested in taking a break.
maelstrom
Initiate
Initiate

Post by maelstrom »

Spoiler:
Humint roll [dice]2[/dice]
"That sounds like a fine idea to me doc." alex pats his backpck" Ive got a box of stogies in here just waiting to be opened, if anyone is interested."
OOC:   sorry guys i seem to be making a mess of dice rolls at the minute, sure i will get the hang of it  
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

After all this time, Craig Reynolds was back in Afghanistan. The first thing that had struck him was how little things had changed, and those that had changed seemed to have changed for the worse. This was already the longest war in American history, and with no end in sight. Something had to give, and he had a feeling that one of these days America would just walk away, leaving a great big heaping mess for someone else to clean up - or, more likely, not. The Afghan government probably wouldn't last much longer at that point, a few years at most. Then the Taliban or someone else would fill the power vacuum. But all that was in the future. Right now, he had a job to do. He let Dr. Tyner, who seemed to have matters well in hand, do the talking while he observed. However, he was too distracted to notice anything.
OOC,HUMINT roll (50% skill) about the captain: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Capt. Byers points to one of the two men and says,
"Lieutenant Jacobsen here can show you around the base. Now if you gentleman will excuse me I really need to get back to this paperwork."

Jacobsen starts leading you toward the bases's PX, and as soon as you are all out of earshot of Byers he turns to you.
"I could definitely go for a drink or two; just don't tell the Captain."

The post exchange is one of the few parts of the base that seems to be populated. Groups of men mingle inside and outside the building, you see both men in American army uniforms and men in uniforms that you recognize as belonging to the Afghan National Army. The two different groups don't appear to interact with one another more than is absolutely necessary.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner whispers to Reynolds "Maybe you can talk to some of the locals, see if they know anything. They'll probably respect somebody who speaks their lingo, and you know your way around the culture a lot better than we do."

He speaks more loudly to Baxter "This place isn't much like good old California, is it? Guess you've seen some desert out there, though. Is it at all the same here?"

Maybe I can start some casual conversation about the area, lead into Ellis.

To his guide he says "Strictly on the QT, Lieutenant. Lead on."

I hope the Afghans don't mind us drinking. I know their religion doesn't allow it. They've got plenty of reasons not to be fond of Americans, but I hope they dislike the Taliban more.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig nods and approaches the Afghan soldiers with a ready smile. He greets them in Dari, in which he is most fluent. If they don't speak Dari, he'll try in Pashto, the second most common language in Afghanistan and the language of the Pashtun people.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The ANA soldiers will greet Reynolds politely in Dari. You get the sense that they don't quite know what to make of you, and are probably not used to Americans speaking their language.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm a translator," explains Craig in Dari. "My name is Craig Reynolds. This isn't my first time in your country, but I've been away for a while. Has anything interesting been happening in the area lately?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: Khali Gati”