IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:22 am

Image

"Hope it doesn't come to that," says Craig, looking around for suitable hiding spots from which they can observe the landing site without being seen.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 am

OOC:   There are a couple different spots that Price points out as suitable cover. Are you all going to bunker down in the same spot or spread out?  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:50 pm

"Let's stick together," Tyner suggests. "I don't feel like being alone out here."

I don't feel like dying alone, either.
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:11 am

Image

"All right, if you think it's best, Doc," says Craig.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:51 am

The four of you hunker down behind an rock outcropping so that you are out of sight of both the road and the direction of the village. The heat and exhaustion and sheer boredom of this waiting as compared to the unadulterated terror you felt under the mountain weighs heavily on you. All four of you attempt to keep an eye on every direction at once, searching for villagers and Taliban.

OOC:   Conx5 checks please  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Spoiler:
CON x 5 = 40
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
32


Tyner isn't as young as he used to be, but so far he's managing to fight off succumbing to the elements. "How are you guys doing? Need any first aid?"
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:20 am

Image

"Thanks, I'm okay," says Craig.

Spoiler:
CON x 5 roll (50% stat) waiting for the chopper:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
12
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:56 am

Wounds are treated, watch is kept, and hours pass. Eventually, Price speaks up, "What was that thing? Were the people from that village worshiping it?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 pm

"Maybe a hallucination or some kind of optical illusion," Tyner says, hoping price will believe the lie. "Try to keep calm if you experience anything else weird."
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:54 am

Image

Craig shrugs but doesn't say anything. He is unable to think of a lie that will pass muster. It couldn't be something the villagers had put in the tea that had made them hallucinate, since Price hadn't drank any. It couldn't have been a hologram, or the EMP would have fried the projector. All he has is the truth, that the creature is real, and that truth is unbearable. All of them are downright lucky to be alive -or are the dead the lucky ones?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 am

Tyner's response is enough to stop Price from asking any more difficult questions, but its clear to both of you that he's a long way from believing the lie. More time passes and night falls, the lack of signs of life (there are no animals, vehicles, and the direction of the village you fled is quite as the grave) is disturbing. You hear the helicopter well before seeing it, and are able to discern that it is your ride. The chopper circles the area quickly before making its landing near where you are hiding. You board and are on your way to FOB Turner.

OOC:   The ride back is a short one, do you talk about anything on the way back? Also what do you plan to do once you reach the base?  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:22 am

Image

"Well, this was a royal SNAFU," says Craig, shaking his head. "I'm thinking we should drop a Daisy Cutter on that temple."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:33 am

"I'm inclined to agree," Tyner says, but I doubt the brass will go for wiping out ancient monuments. Maybe we can convince them that it should be strictly off-limits to allied forces. It's a bad place. Let the bad guys have it."
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:58 am

Image

"We don't have to tell them specifically what's at the site," says Craig. "We can describe it as an enemy stronghold where an EMP device was used. Technically, that's true, even if it's not the entire truth. I hate destroying antiquities, but that place is just...wrong."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:28 pm

"I hear you. Price, can you back us up on this? We don't want any more casualties in the area."
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:29 am

Price agrees to backup your story. As you are making your landing at the base, you all realize that your best bet as far as getting the village and temple destroyed is speaking directly to your Delta Green handler about it as oppose to the commander of FOB Turner.

OOC:   For this, one of you (whoever's skill is the highest) will need to make a Persuasion test with a 30% bonus (this is to take in account the other three characters helping you out).  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Spoiler:
Looks like Craig and Tyner have the same 60% Persuade skill, so I'll go ahead.
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
9


Tyner gets on a secure line to Delta Green and relates the whole story, with witnesses. The bosses seem convinced.

"Is it possible to do a surgical strike just on the temple? Without that, I don't think the village is that big a threat, and there might be innocents there."
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 am

Your Delta Green Handlers are disappointed that you were unable to recover Ellis, but say that given his apparent mental state his death might have been the best possible outcome. They are all too happy to destroy Khali Gati and inform you that an airstrike is forthcoming. They say that before the three of you are extracted you'll need to bring Price into the fold by briefing him, and only him, in some way about Delta Green.

OOC:   No roll required for briefing Price, that's just a role-play thing. I will need a Luck roll (Powx5) from the person with the lowest power for something else however.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Victoria Silverwolf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Spoiler:
I think that would be Alex who is no longer being played. POW x 5 = 40%
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
17


Things have gone very badly during this mission but at least there's one bright spot.

Tyner decides to let Price in on the nature of their real mission, slowly, step by step, judging how he reacts to each revelation.
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:09 am

Image

Craig goes with Tyner to support him. Having a second witness will help in case Price meets his statement with disbelief.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: Khali Gati

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest