IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Re: IC

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"This must be the place," Tyner says as the hulking vehicle comes to a halt. "Let's take a look."
maelstrom
Initiate
Initiate

Post by maelstrom »

Alex jumps down from the back of the cougar, pushing his sunglasses securely up his nose, he starts scanning the surrounding area.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig unstraps himself and clambers out of the vehicle, also taking a good look around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by Cotton »

A few people in old fashioned clothing and domesticated animals, mainly goats, move about the village of stone and wood buildings. Most of the adults look at you and smile politely, but a crowd of children quickly gather around your vehicles. The children keep some distance and stare with a mixture of wonder and curiosity. The Babble team dismounts and spreads out through the village. The residents don't seem to mind, they are evidently used to this.

Within a few minutes, an older man, Elder Zahir, hobbles up to you. He introduces himself in Pashto, and leads the three of you, the three soldiers, and Rahimi to his home. It is somewhat larger and nicer furnished than the others in the village. Once there Zahir Quluj offers you tea, and asks what he can do for you.

Craig are you speaking Pashto (or translating it), or are you sticking to English and letting Rahimi translate?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig speaks Pashto when conversing with Elder Zahir out of respect for him, and he feels that he may be pleased to be able to converse with a visitor in his native tongue. "Thank you for your hospitality, Elder," says Craig. "We are searching for an American officer, Major Ellis. Have you met him before?" He translates what he says and the Elder's replies into English for the others, and he will also translate their questions to the Elder to Pashto.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Zahir Quluj sips his tea and politely waits for all necessary translations to be made. Craig, you notice that the elderly man does seem quite pleased to meet a foreigner with knowledge of his language and customs, and he appears to be a jovial sort of man even to those of you who do not speak the language.

"I have met Mr. Ellis before, he has come to this village a few times," says Zahir. "He seemed like a very friendly man, and always brought gifts which were much appreciated. You say that you are looking for him, did something happen?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, he left the base without permission," says Craig. "He appears to have become obsessed with Kali Ghati, and we believe that's where he's gone. I know the place has a reputation for being cursed, and anyone with any sense stays far away from it, but I don't know the details. How did Kali Ghati get this reputation, and what is the nature of its curse? Has anyone ever returned from there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

"I'm sorry you must be mistaken," says Zahir Quluj. "I've never heard of any place by that name."

Craig:
You think that perhaps the Elder is lying, and you're suspicion is confirmed when, after you translate, Byrant says that that's bullshit and that he knows they've spoken to Ellis before about Kali Ghati. When you confront Zahir with this accusation he replies,

"No, he is mistaken. Here everyone should have more tea."

You realize at that point that the elder is lying not to be malicious, but because he is afraid.

A persuade roll (which can be made by anyone) is required to push for more information.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I understand that you don't want to speak of the place," says Craig. "From what little I've heard of it, I know that it is very dangerous. That's why it's important to know more about it. If Major Ellis is indeed heading there, we need to bring him back before it's too late. He is a nice man, and I don't want anything dreadful to happen to him. I'm sure you don't either."
OOC,Persuade roll (60% skill) to get [b]Elder Zahir[/b] to open up about Kali Ghati: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

"If Ellis has gone to that place he is already dead," replies Zahir. At this point in the conversation he is shaking and it is clear to even to those who do not speak his language that he is afraid. "It is a place of evil. From time to time a group of men, warriors, will come into the village. They are not Taliban or American or even from the Afghanistan National Army who share the base with you Americans. They are an old group, a band of fighters who stand against that cursed place. They come here in search of supplies and volunteers, and we give them these things gladly. They are righteous men, and they do God's work."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's good that there are men such as them," says Craig. "We would like to meet them. Do you know where we can find them?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

"I'm sorry to say that I do not." Replies Zahir. "These men do not make their presence known to anyone. These men know what they are doing, let them do it. Go back to your base and forget about Kali Ghati. Trust me when I say that it is sometimes easier to pretend ignorance."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Unfortunately, we don't have that option," says Craig. "Our job is to find Major Ellis, and it's not one we can decline. Has Kali Ghati always been the way it is? How did the curse start?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner listens closely to the translated conversation. Something strikes him as odd. If these warriors are volunteers from the village, then there must be somebody around who has actually been to Khali Gati.

"Ask him if we can talk to one of the volunteers," he says to Craig.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig translates Dr. Tyner's request to Elder Zahir.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

"Kali Ghati has been a cursed place for as long as I or anyone living can remember," replies Zahir. "Perhaps it has always been that way, but I can not say for sure. I do not know how or why the village came to be the way that it is, but I do know that all those who live there are evil and blasphemous. The young men from this village who volunteer leave, and as I said I do not know where the fighters camp or when they will return here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"When the warriors come to your village," asks Craig, "from which direction do they come and which way do they leave?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

"They usually come from the north, the direction of Kali Ghati."
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

From the same direction as Kali Ghati? That sure seems odd. Maybe these so-called noble warriors are recruiting the villagers for something other than fighting the bad guys.

"Sounds we're going to have to go take a look for ourselves, guys."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig nods. "Maybe we'll run into them between here and there," he says, "or maybe they'll find us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: Khali Gati”