OOC - Prologue

The friends of Jackson Elias meet for a coffee before he begins a most fateful journey.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

OOC - Prologue

Post by Raiko »

Sorry for the delay, but we're off now. :)

Probably not too much use for an OOC thread for the prologue, but just in case post any dice rolls or whatever here.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: OOC - Prologue

Post by CrackheadC. »

Do you want us to post out character's picture at the top of our posts? I've seen people do it in other games, I assume it helps people keep track of who's who easily.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

I'm seriously hoping Jerry and George are in a corner booth of the Coffee Pot.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Finally, he turns to Jordan (who Tremayne is finding a little wearing).
Hahahaha :D

Jordan sure knows how to make an impression :p
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

*GRIN*
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll be posting the beginning of Chapter One tomorrow.

I found the prologue trickier than I expected to run, Jackson's secretive nature makes it rather hard to make posts for him before he goes on his trip. I'm glad we ran through that though. I'm also sorry that the narrative during the prologue ended up concentrating more on some characters than the others, that was kind of essential during the prologue for those characters, but rest assured that all of your investigators should hopefully get equal narrative limelight going into the story itself.

My children are back at school (and getting to bed earlier), and I've no commitments to run any events myself in the Elite Dangerous racing club until January/February, so this is the forum that I need to make posts in until then - so it'll be the first place I concentrate on posting.

I'm really looking forward to the adventure, cya all tomorrow! :)
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Cool stuff. The prelude bit has given us a good idea who the PCs are anyway!
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

I just wanted to give you a heads up. October will be a rough month for me. I am taking the GREs on the 2nd. My uncle is getting married the 10th and I am getting my wisdom teeth taken out (which should have happened 10 years ago) on the 15th. After that I will probably be on pain killers for a few days so I don't know how that will work out. I should be able to get 2 or 3 posts a week in though I think.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

I take it this game lies slumbering like Cthulhu in Ryleh?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I hope that means that, when the stars are right, it will return. Raiko hasn't logged on since November 6 but hasn't posted here in far longer. I'm definitely still interested in continuing. I've waited this long, and I can wait however long it takes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hello everybody, I'm terribly sorry for vanishing for so long, but I would like to run this game still if you are all willing.

I've had a bit of a bad time IRL and was planning to resume the game during the Christmas holidays, as suggested by David, but a bereavement quite frankly knocked me for 6 in December and here we are now in March. :(

I cannot apologise enough for being away for so long without posting, but if anyone would like to play this game still, then I am around again now. Your investigators are all wonderful and I was very mush looking forward to the game.

I'll need a week or so to get my head back into the story, but I'll check back here regularly to see who interested, and will attempt to email all those who haven't logged in for a while.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! I'm definitely interested in continuing. Since the last time you were here, Quatermass started running Masks, and three of us are currently playing in it. I and one of the other players are even playing the same characters. That game hasn't gotten very far, however, and has stalled before. Even now, it moves slowly. Maybe it would be possible to play both in parallel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Hey Raiko

Welcome back, mate, I hope things have taken a turn for the better!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I'm here and eager to continue.
Roy
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That's great. I'll email / PM the players who haven't been on the forums for a while, and we'll figure out where we stand.

I hadn't realised that Quatermass had started another Masks game when I made my "I'm back" post. I certainly don't want to disrupt his game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I can play in both games at once and keep things compartmentalized if necessary. The other game is moving very slowly when it moves at all. There hasn't been an update for a week now, and I've been in the library for four weeks of real time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

I'm the other player with the same character. I'm ok with continuing the game too. Actually, it will be interesting to see the same char in the same campaign but with a different GM.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That's great. :)

I know that some of you have been waiting ages, even before I started this game, to play these characters in Masks. I've been held up by a couple of weeks, because a cold (which I could cope with) turned into bronchitis (which I couldn't). I've been better this week, but was maxed out catching up at work.

I'll get messages sent out this weekend to all the players who haven't posted since I returned, and then we'll get the show back on the road.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Hooray! We're getting the band back together! 8-)

I'm sorry you got bronchitis. I've had it before, and it's truly nasty. Glad you're on the mend!

Quatermass seems to have disappeared, as he still hasn't returned, so his game may not be going anywhere anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I'm here!
Count me in!

Return to “Prologue - New York, June 1924”