Page 1 of 1

IC - Prologue - New York, June 1924

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:05 am
by Raiko
THE MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP

And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond Time; the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods — the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
—H. P. Lovecraft, Nyarlathotep

Prologue - New York City, June 1924

Re: IC - Prologue - New York, June 1924

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:09 am
by Raiko
The Coffee Pot - Corner of 8th Avenue and West 23rd Street, New York City
1:31pm Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

Stepping out of the yellow-cab onto the bustling sidewalk Jonah Kensington pays the driver then extends an arm to assist his wife as she follows him out of the cab.

He's a minute late, but he knows that it doesn't matter, he spotted Jackson leaving the Hotel Chelsea Lobby as the taxi drove past - his friend is rarely punctual and it will take him another minute or two before he reaches the Coffee Pot.

It's hard for him to feel enthusiasm for this meeting, there really is no need for Jackson to depart on another damn fool crusade, The Black Power was still selling well after all and the author's hands-on research never failed to worry Jonah. Still he knew all too well that there was little he would be able to do to dissuade Jackson from leaving, or even to shed much light on what this new book was about.

So as usual he'd put on a brave face, and wish his friend all the best, and then he'd just hope that Jackson would resurface in a few months, safe and with his research complete.

As the taxi pulled away Kensington holds open the door of the Coffee Pot for Elizabeth and spots the young Amy Lawrence arriving as well with the archaeologist Michael Anderson . Inside the cafe he can see another author friend William Jordan already seated at one of the corner tables with some other friends of Jackson's who he doesn't recognise.

Jonah and Elizabeth wait for Amy and Michael to enter the cafe before they sit at a table, by then Jackson is also arriving accompanied by another man who Kensington doesn't know, clearly a military-type judging by the way carries himself.

The Coffee Pot - 8th Avenue & West 23rd Street

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:24 pm
by CrackheadC.
James Marko sat at the corner table with an eclectic group of people, all waiting for Jackson. A wanna-be baseball player, a jazz man, and some other writer who travels around the world. The jazz man he had seen playing at a speakeasy or two - really a talented guy, even if the music wasn't to James' tastes. As they waited James' casually asked how they each knew Jackson, himself having helped do some research for Sons of Death years before.

James discreetly offered his flask to the others, after Irishing up his own coffee, before putting it away. He was enjoying his third cigarette when Jackson entered with what appeared to be the rest of the group. James stood up, wiped his hand on his jacket and offered it up, "Jackson! Good to see ya, it's been a dog's age!"

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:48 pm
by royya
Clark goodman, the Jazz man, the trumpat master and Jackson's old friend from the past (when they both grew up in orphanage) stood with a shy smile as the others grouped around. It's been three weeks since he saw Jackson when the later came to visit the pub where he performed. Clark straightened his jacket, smoothed down the sleeves and rearranged the pocket square for the third time while he waited for his turn to greet Jackson.

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 pm
by DrPeterson
Jordan had already had a few cream coffees and a few decent hours spent writing in his notepad before the first of the others appeared. He had put it away and made pleasant conversation about the local boxing scene, how he'd seen the challenger fight in Chicago against a big Polish guy and floor him on ambition alone. Commenting on how young boxers only had a few of those fights in them, just for the glory and thrill of it and how it faded away to become a job. They didn't usually last long after that.

He was more than happy about accepting the whiskey in his coffee and returned a cigarette for it, telling Marko about how he'd met Elias in a bar in Paris, where one had ended up in a brawl and the other had assisted him in fighting off three drunk Malay sailors on leave.

Jordan doesn't really notice Elias coming in as he is too busy talking to Elizabeth.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy Lawrence has arrived early, though nowhere near as early as Jordan, nursing a cup of coffee as she waits with eager anticipation for Jackson Elias to arrive. She is wearing a lightweight red sleeveless summer dress that she bought especially for the occasion. It's a bit more daring than what she usually wears, but she really wants to look her best and make a strong impression on Jackson. It's been over a week since the last time she's seen him, which was hard enough for her to endure. Not seeing him again for several months would be absolutely unbearable, and she can't imagine being apart from him for so long. Fortunately, she has a plan that she is sure will convince him to take her along with him on his expedition. She just needs to get him alone to make her sales pitch, and she is certain he will be unable to refuse her.

As soon as Jackson walks in the door, Amy springs to her feet and rushes up to him. "It's so good to see you again, Jackson!" she gushes, a wide smile lighting up her face, the cosmetics she applied this morning enhancing her natural beauty.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:42 am
by andyw666
Stepping through the Coffee Pot’s door a second after Jackson is a tall, lean man of middle years, wearing a dapper cream suit and waistcoat with matching fedora. The man is evidently halfway through some drawling joke, an easy smile on his lips. Something about the way he stands and walks shouts military, and he has a tan that only comes from years in the sun.

Spying the gathering, the man languidly raises his hat. “Archie Tremayne, I’m a chum of the old boy’s,” gesturing to Jackson, “From India.” Tremayne speaks with a drawling, cultured English accent.

Finding a free chair, Tremayne drops his hat on the table and stretches out, radiating ease in social situations.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 am
by kabukiman
Michael is feeling a bit annoyed. He should be looking for a sponsor to finance an expedition in Egypt. Because Michael had enough of digging indian sites. On the other hand, speaking with Jackson is always interesting. It's like reading a book of adventures for kids.

-Hi Jackson, how have you been?

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:44 pm
by Job
Dayton had finished his morning exercises and was famished, so it was an easy decision to join this group at the Coffee Pot diner to learn more about Jackson Elias' plans.

"Life is full of adventure and Jackson sure takes advantage of that!" laughed Dayton, as he wolfed down his third plate of eggs, bacon, and toast amidst his friends and acquaintances. Dayton was in his element; he loved to be around people, to hear of their tales and backgrounds and, most of all, he loved to eat.

He stood, smiled and waved as he saw Jackson enter the restaurant.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:59 pm
by Raiko
1:32pm Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

Jackson looks delighted to see all of his friends, returning Dayton’s wave as Amy dashes up to him. He smiles fondly at the young lady and gives her a quick fatherly peck on the check, “That’s a lovely dress Amy, you look very pretty. You’ll be turning all the young men’s heads today.”

He steps quickly past Amy and greets Jonah and Elizabeth warmly, before introducing Tremayne to them, “Jonah this is Archie Tremayne, a great friend from India. He’s in the city looking for a publisher and I said that I knew just the man.”

He then attempts to shake hands with or clap the backs of each of the others, returning their greetings and taking the best seat that he can, next to Amy’s. When his coffee arrives he presents his cup knowingly to his pal James, while simultaneously trying to ask about the Yankee’s and Giants chances of meeting in a fourth consecutive World Series, the Boston Jazz scene (and the Harlem one) and also asks Michael if he’s having any luck with his plans, “You just need to try and get the finances to get across to London, those Brits are mad on Egypt.”

Kensington shakes hands with Tremayne and introduces him properly to his wife Elizabeth and to Jordan, then says, “Have a seat Archie, Jackson has told me a lot about you. He said he’d have never made it alive out of India without your help.”

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy beams and thanks Jackson when he compliments her. She feels an electric tingle when he kisses her cheek, the contact thrilling her, though she longs for more. Just being in his presence makes her feel more alive, however.

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Tremayne," says Amy with a smile. "We all owe you a debt of gratitude. The world would be a much worse place without Jackson Elias in it."

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:36 am
by CrackheadC.
James smiled and poured a generous swig into Jackson's coffee to give it a kick before replacing the flask into his jacket pocket. He raised his own glass in a slight cheers to the man and took a drink. When Kensington mentioned Archie helping Jackson in India, James spoke up; "Did he give you credit in the book? I helped blow the Sons of Death cases wide open, but I don't see residuals on my investigative work!" James acted indignant for a moment before laughing and clapping Jackson on the back. While he hadn't gotten a lot of money from his work with Jackson; the man did send a lot of work his way which paid in dividends, after all reputation is important in PI work.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:57 am
by royya
Clark shakes hands to everyone else around with a shy smile and inspected them closely. Amy was indeed beautiful and the others looked quite friendly but he wasn't much of a talker as he prefered to use his mouth with a trumpet and a drink than engaging in a conversation. He raised his glass high with a smile to Jackson and kept low profile around the table as he is the only black man around, he already had spying eyes on him from the surrounding when he entered the restaurant by himself earlier.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:39 pm
by kabukiman
"You are probably rigth, I'm wasting my time here. But tell me what your doing and you plans."- says Michael

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:59 pm
by Raiko
1:35pm, Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

Kensington chuckles at James’ joke, “You know all too well that if Jackson credited everyone who saved his life, he’d have scarcely enough words left to detail the activities of these cults.”

He winks at Elias, “Sometimes I fear that you’re too brave for your own good Jackson, perhaps you could take up writing children’s books instead?”

Jackson laughs and says to Michael, “You know that I won’t talk about my next project until the book’s ready to publish, but I can say that I’ll be leaving New York tonight, bound for Mombasa.”

The author sits back and takes a long sip from his Irish coffee, “I’ve uncovered some information that might lead to my biggest story yet, but it all seems unbelievable. So I’ll need to get out to Africa first to check out the facts for myself.”

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"But surely you can't mean to go to Africa all by yourself, Jackson," says Amy, hoping desperately for an opening. "You could use some help, especially given how important this is."

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:20 am
by royya
Jackson, if you need my help I will be most happy to set aside the bars for some time and a good opportunity to visit my ancestors homeland. It's been many years since we adventured together.
Clark says with a smile

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:06 pm
by DrPeterson
"Mombasa!", Jordan exclaims. "Are you telling us you're going hunting and you didn't even bother to invite me?", he booms in.

"Last time I was in Kenya, I almost shot a wonderful rhino. A great beast with keen intelligent eyes, but the shot must have ricocheted. The beast charged us, but thanks to our Jeep we got away."

Jordan laughs.

"I left it with a nice scar though."

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"And you could use a good research assistant!" chimes in Amy, not wanting to miss her chance. "I was accepted to Columbia for postgraduate work as my father's research assistant, but I don't start right away. I can go with you first and get some real world experience, then start at Columbia next year! You could use someone to help you dig up information in musty old libraries, and having a pretty young lady by your side who's good at talking to people can help smooth the way for you. Plus I make a great cup of coffee!"

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:08 am
by andyw666
After the introductions, Archie starts explaining to Kensington his hope to find an American publisher for his own mountaineering efforts in Asia, when he hears Elias.

"British East Africa! I hear Mt Kenya is a most interesting climb."

"Let me know if an open letter of introduction would be any use."

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:43 am
by andyw666
As the conversation continues, Tremayne chugs American coffee with evident relish. He pulls a snakeskin humidor out of a jacket pocket and offers the assemblage rather meaty cigars before lighting one himself, careful not to puff clouds of smoke in the ladies' faces though.

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:20 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, but I'll pass," says Amy. She knows he probably doesn't expect her to take a cigar, but she cannot resist the impulse to use a sly quip that occurred to her. "I'm Amy Lawrence, not Amy Lowell." The famous poetess is well known for smoking cigars.

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:41 pm
by DrPeterson
Jordan accepts the big cigar and lights it with relish. He then replies to Amy's quip.
"I thought so because of the lack of a moustache defacing your very fine lips.", Jordan's lack of appreciation for the poetess was no big secret.

He gingerly straightens his own whiskers with his thumb and turns to Tremayne.
"Did you ever hunt tiger, Tremayne? I hear they are the most wicked things, more often turning the hunter into the hunted."

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:21 pm
by royya
I'm sorry but I will have to refuse since the tobacco is bad for the vocal cords and lungs and without them fully functional I will be unemployed.
Clark says with a smirk

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:15 am
by kabukiman
-You are going so soon? I was expecting you would stay more time here.- says Michael surprised.

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 am
by Job
Dayton shakes hands with all around him, shares in the Irish coffee and cigars, laughs and thoroughly enjoys the gathering.
Raiko wrote: When [Jackson's] coffee arrives he presents his cup knowingly to his pal James, while simultaneously trying to ask about the Yankee’s and Giants chances of meeting in a fourth consecutive World Series.
Dayton shakes his head and says, "Not likely this year, Jackson. The Yanks will need to go through Rogers Hornsby and the Senators this year, and Rogers won't let that happen. The Babe has some serious competition this year." After talking statistics for a while, he begins listening with interest to the discussion of Jackson's African expedition, and asks, "Is there some way that I can help, Jackson?"

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:11 pm
by andyw666
Tremayne looks rather guilt-struck. "I do apologise Miss Lawrence, been spending too much time in the company of just rough men. Next time I shall pack some decent Pall Malls."

Tremayne turns to Jordan. "Yes old boy, I have had to hunt a few when they've attacked a village or the chaps building railways. Not to be underestimated, I know one sepoy who was killed when the cat punched him in the back of the neck. Big paws. But I'm much happier mountaineering than hunting in all honesty."

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:34 pm
by DrPeterson
Jordan nods, excited by the news. "Hunting a thinking opponent is dangerous sport, it is both more challenging and addicting when your target can strike or shoot back."

He sips from his upgraded cream coffee and continues,

"There are few things that make you feel so alive like that sort of hunt, except maybe making love to a beautiful woman. There is nothing that can make a man feel mightier than that, especially not when the weather outside is too hot and the wine inside is nice and chilled."

He smiles at Amy for a moment and then concludes.

"Mountaineering? In the very vertical way? I prefer hiking through mountains myself. My knee doesn't bend the way it used to after I took some shrapnel in it."

He slaps his leg to emphasise.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:29 pm
by Raiko
1:45pm, Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

Jackson accepts one of Tremayne’s cigar, commenting he prefers his pipe, “but I won’t say no.”

He artfully dodges any questions about his Africa trip, or offers of help, repeating that he never talks about a book at such an early stage, and claiming that, “It’s probably just a wild goose chase anyway, too unbelievable to be true.”

Wherever possible Jackson steers the conversation onto other matters, baseball, boxing, prohibition, the Olympic Games in Paris and asking what Archie thinks of the British climbers George Mallory and Sandy Irvine disappearing on Mt Everest earlier in the month; did he think they’d still be found alive? Could they have reached the summit?

At the same time Kensington listens to Tremayne’s plans and says that while the works that Prospero House normally publish are bent more towards the supernatural and the mysterious he would certainly be willing to publish Tremayne’s accounts after his expedition. However, if he has no firm plans, then perhaps he would consider helping out Kensington first?

“Another of my author’s is planning a trip into the Cascade Mountains east of Portland, Oregon, in search of ‘Skoocooms,’ – giant, carnivorous, wild-men said to live in those hills according to the folklore of the local tribes.”

Kensington raises his eyebrows, “Sightings of such creatures have been made by loggers and trappers in the area, and so my man Ford, thinks there’s a good book in it. I’ve provided Ford with an advance so that he could hire a local guide, and he’s only planning to spend a month or two at the most in the area, but the north-west is still such a wild and lawless region – I’d feel better if he was with an experienced man that I could trust.”

--------

Amongst all the conversation and questions, the only thing that Jackson doesn’t appear to be ready for is Amy’s increasingly insistent pleas to be taken along. This appears to catch him totally by surprise. Recovering his wits, the best that he can manage is, “Now look Amy, it might seem like a fantastic adventure to travel to East Africa, but you really must put your education first.”

“The chances are that this is all just a complete waste of time, but if not then it might be really dangerous. I couldn’t forgive myself if any harm came to you - perhaps another time?”

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy looks crestfallen, on the verge of tears. "Please let me come with you!" she begs. "I can be packed and ready to go by the time you are." In truth, she was already packed. "If there's going to be danger, I want to be with you when you face it." Sudden realization strikes her: if it is dangerous, he might not ever come back. She might be able to survive not seeing him for months on end, but she didn't know how she'd cope with never seeing him again. The floodgates open, and the tears spill down her cheeks. "I'm worried that it might be too dangerous for you! What if something happens to you there? Don't you know that I love you?!" The words are out before she even realizes what she's saying.

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:25 am
by kabukiman
Michael makes a quick smile and the pretends to never heard this. She finally admit it!

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:22 pm
by andyw666
Tremayne nods assent to Kensington's suggestion. "Well, if I've got a sporting chance of a publisher in America, I believe it's time to resign my commission and turn full time mountaineer, explorer and author. I would be happy to go to Oregon for your creatures, good mountains I have heard."

Tremayne politely ignores the scene with Amy.
OOC,Can Tremayne maybe make a psychology roll to get a sense of whether Elias is hiding something or lying?

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:09 pm
by DrPeterson
"Oregon?", Jordan chimes in loudly, helping to draw attention away from the Amy-situation. "That's bear country. I hope you brought your hunting gear, Tremayne, the Rocky Mountain black bear isn't as friendly or helpful as the Rudyard Kipling ones they have in India."
He smiles with the cigar clenched between his teeth.
"You're not sending your newest catch to get eaten by wild bears and wilder men, are you, Jonah?"

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 am
by Raiko
1:46pm, Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

The normally unflappable Jackson Elias is momentarily left stunned and speechless by Amy's declaration of love; he quickly regains his relaxed, self-assured demeanor though. Smiling fondly at Amy he asks, "Could we speak privately for a moment outside Amy?"

Jackson takes a final sip of his coffee, stands and addresses the others, "It's probably time to say goodbye for now guys. I've got a lot to do today before I leave."

"Archie, my room at the Chelsea is paid for until the end of the week, so you're welcome to use it."

He then just waits to see if Amy accompanies him to the door.

Jonah and Elizabeth nod encouragingly to Amy - Elizabeth is beaming, she has long been trying to set up Elias with a nice young lady - then Jonah reaches to shake Tremayne's hand, "That's great Archie, I'll arrange your train tickets and an advance for expenses. It's good to know that Ford will be in safe hands - I can introduce you tomorrow."

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy eagerly goes outside with Jackson, hope surging anew within her and a smile returning to her face. Now he'll surely take me with him after all! she thinks, drying her eyes with a handkerchief.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:02 am
by royya
Jackson, it was my delight to see you before you leave.
Clark, his old past friend, says with a smile as he shakes his hand.
Please, don't forget to stop by when you return as you know how much I love to hear about your adventures. You will find me in the usual place, just follow the music downtown.
He then turns to Jonah and Elizabeth
It was my pleasure. Have a good night my lady.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:16 pm
by CrackheadC.
Marko stood and shook Jackson's hand, "Good luck on the trip and let me know if you need any legwork done back here." He began to gather his things and prep to leave himself.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:16 am
by kabukiman
Michael feels some pity for Amy.
-Goodbye Jackson, and try to return in one piece.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:16 am
by DrPeterson
"Don't come back crying if a lion mangles your leg , Elias, you should have taken a decent shot along.", he grins as he leans back in his chair, waving Jackson off.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:01 am
by andyw666
Tremayne grins at Jackson and shakes his hand. “Good luck old son, can’t wait for the next book. Telegraph me if you have problems with the British authorities. And I’ll take you up on the offer of your room, most kind.”

Tremayne shakes hands with Jonah and raises his hat to Elizabeth. “Until tomorrow old boy.”

Finally, he turns to Jordan (who Tremayne is finding a little wearing). “Bears? Thanks for the warning. I shall do as we instruct young subalterns in India – apply the five ‘P’s.”

“Politeness, Polish, Precautions, Preparation, and Plenty of firepower. The five Ps have served my country well.”

Tremayne raises his hat in polite farewell to the rest of the gathering.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:31 am
by Raiko
Outside the Coffee Pot

Jackson takes a hold of both Amy's hands and looks into her eyes, "Amy, this is not what I expected, but yes you are very special to me."

He kisses her once on her lips before continuing, "And that is why I cannot take you with me, it's just too dangerous - I'm looking into something dreadful that happened"

"But wait for me and we'll talk about this when I get back, I promise."

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy embraces Jackson tightly as she looks back into his eyes fondly, not wanting to let him go, but knowing in her heart that she has no choice. "I'll worry about you, Jackson," she says, fighting back tears. "I'll miss you so much. Months without seeing you...But we can still write to each other! I'll give you my address, and once you're settled in, you could write me a letter with a return address so I can reply." She brightens at the thought that they won't be completely out of contact. Her emotions have been going up and down like a rollercoaster, and she's relieved that things are finally leveling. "I'll wait for you as long as it takes, so long as we're together in the end." She sighs. "I've never felt this way about anyone before. I thought it must be obvious to everyone that I'm in love with you, like I'm glowing or something, but maybe when you're the person being loved you can't see it. I wonder how many fellows have fallen for me without me even knowing."

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:10 pm
by Raiko
Outside The Coffee Pot
1:50pm, Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

Jackson nods and smiles, “Yes, I’ll write as often as I can”

He embraces Amy one last time then steps back, “We’ll talk about things when I get back, I promise. Time will pass by quicker than you expect.”

“Goodbye Amy.”

Jackson waves goodbye and walks away, then before Amy knows it he is gone, leaving her stood alone outside the coffee shop.
------+-------
Inside the café Jonah and Elizabeth Kensington also get ready to leave, embracing their friends and wishing everybody good luck before heading for the door.

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy sighs, staring after Jackson as he walks away, her feelings a jumble. Please let him come back safe and sound, she prays, clasping her hands. Then she turns back to the coffee shop just as people start to emerge.

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:46 pm
by royya
Amy, if you feel sad you can always come to Wally's Jazz club and hear some tunes that might joy you.
Clarck says as he almost bumps into Amy on his way outside. He says it loud enough for anyone to hear and who wish in the future to come.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Amy, stepping aside to let Clark past. "I think I'd like that,"

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:34 pm
by DrPeterson
Jordan leaves as well, saying goodbye to everyone. As he leaves he steps up next to Amy and Clark.

"I hope they've got stronger coffee in that place than the gunk they're serving in here, Clark. There's nothing to soothe the bleeding of the heart like some transparent coffee and some jazz."

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy manages a smile. "You know," she says, "I think things are going to be all right."

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:11 pm
by kabukiman
"Why is everyone talking like if he was dead? I bet that in a couple of months we will be all annoyed hearing his stories. Our in a wedding"- says Michael with a malicious look.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:30 pm
by Mr. Handy

"But I'm not," says Amy, looking puzzled. "I'll worry about Jackson and miss him while he's gone, but I'm sure he'll be back. He promised." She is confused by Michael's attitude. If he'd been a woman, she'd have thought it was due to jealousy, but she doesn't know what to make of it.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 pm
by kabukiman
"Of course he will be back. And you will have your letters before that"
Michael looks at her with pity. Doesn't she know Jackson? What did she expected, that he would site idle near the fire? Women can be so naive!