IC - Prologue - New York, June 1924

The friends of Jackson Elias meet for a coffee before he begins a most fateful journey.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC - Prologue - New York, June 1924

Post by Raiko »

Outside the Coffee Pot

Jackson takes a hold of both Amy's hands and looks into her eyes, "Amy, this is not what I expected, but yes you are very special to me."

He kisses her once on her lips before continuing, "And that is why I cannot take you with me, it's just too dangerous - I'm looking into something dreadful that happened"

"But wait for me and we'll talk about this when I get back, I promise."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy embraces Jackson tightly as she looks back into his eyes fondly, not wanting to let him go, but knowing in her heart that she has no choice. "I'll worry about you, Jackson," she says, fighting back tears. "I'll miss you so much. Months without seeing you...But we can still write to each other! I'll give you my address, and once you're settled in, you could write me a letter with a return address so I can reply." She brightens at the thought that they won't be completely out of contact. Her emotions have been going up and down like a rollercoaster, and she's relieved that things are finally leveling. "I'll wait for you as long as it takes, so long as we're together in the end." She sighs. "I've never felt this way about anyone before. I thought it must be obvious to everyone that I'm in love with you, like I'm glowing or something, but maybe when you're the person being loved you can't see it. I wonder how many fellows have fallen for me without me even knowing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

Outside The Coffee Pot
1:50pm, Tuesday 23rd June, 1924

Jackson nods and smiles, “Yes, I’ll write as often as I can”

He embraces Amy one last time then steps back, “We’ll talk about things when I get back, I promise. Time will pass by quicker than you expect.”

“Goodbye Amy.”

Jackson waves goodbye and walks away, then before Amy knows it he is gone, leaving her stood alone outside the coffee shop.
------+-------
Inside the café Jonah and Elizabeth Kensington also get ready to leave, embracing their friends and wishing everybody good luck before heading for the door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy sighs, staring after Jackson as he walks away, her feelings a jumble. Please let him come back safe and sound, she prays, clasping her hands. Then she turns back to the coffee shop just as people start to emerge.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Amy, if you feel sad you can always come to Wally's Jazz club and hear some tunes that might joy you.
Clarck says as he almost bumps into Amy on his way outside. He says it loud enough for anyone to hear and who wish in the future to come.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Amy, stepping aside to let Clark past. "I think I'd like that,"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Jordan leaves as well, saying goodbye to everyone. As he leaves he steps up next to Amy and Clark.

"I hope they've got stronger coffee in that place than the gunk they're serving in here, Clark. There's nothing to soothe the bleeding of the heart like some transparent coffee and some jazz."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy manages a smile. "You know," she says, "I think things are going to be all right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

"Why is everyone talking like if he was dead? I bet that in a couple of months we will be all annoyed hearing his stories. Our in a wedding"- says Michael with a malicious look.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"But I'm not," says Amy, looking puzzled. "I'll worry about Jackson and miss him while he's gone, but I'm sure he'll be back. He promised." She is confused by Michael's attitude. If he'd been a woman, she'd have thought it was due to jealousy, but she doesn't know what to make of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

"Of course he will be back. And you will have your letters before that"
Michael looks at her with pity. Doesn't she know Jackson? What did she expected, that he would site idle near the fire? Women can be so naive!

Return to “Prologue - New York, June 1924”