Page 1 of 1

OOC - Chapter 1

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 pm
by Raiko
Finally Raiko begins chapter one.

First in-character post is due shortly. I should be able to post regularly for the foreseeable future.

Since your meeting with Jackson in June you each go about your lives as normal. It's up to you whether you wish to be in contact with each other during the intervening six months.

Archie Tremayne's trip to Oregon with Walter Ford is uneventful other than a single close encounter with a bear, no wildmen to be seen in the Cascades. Kensington paid quite well though for Archie's time, and it gave him the opportunity to do more work on his own memoirs.

Archie arrives back in New York early in January and can be either in a hotel, or staying with one of the investigators. The Hotel Chelsea is rather expensive, and Jackson doesn't have a permanent residence there (although he does have a favourite room), so Archie needs to be staying somewhere else.

If he's staying in a hotel, then it's best if he's been in contact with one or two of the others since returning. Alternatively he could have just been in touch with Jonah Kensington at Prospero House publishing.

Don't stay with Job's character, as I've not heard from him yet.

None of you have had any contact with Jackson since he walked away from the Coffee Pot, except for Amy. As Jackson promised he kept in touch with Amy, although not as much as she'd have liked! She receives three letters from him, the last one in mid November hinting that he might be back by Christmas.

Presumably Amy shares this information with any of the other investigators who stayed in regular contact with her.

Jackson's Travels
  • 25th June 1924 - Departs New York, bound for Africa
  • 28th June 1924 - Writes to Amy from Mombasa, Kenya, to say that he arrived safe and sound. (Letter arrives 25th July)
  • 10th August 1924 - Writes again from Kenya, Nairobi this time, hopes that all is well, tells her he's onto the story of a lifetime. He'll be leaving Kenya within the week, bound for Hong Kong. (Letter arrives 23rd September)
  • 20th September 1924 - Writes from Hong Kong, China. Tells Amy that this might be the last letter for a while. This story is bigger than he ever imagined and he'll be going undercover to follow up leads. Hopefully he'll be back in New York for Christmas, but don't worry if he's a few weeks late. He's looking forward to seeing her again. (Letter arrives 17th November).

All of this is perfectly normal for Jackson. Our intrepid investigator often vanishes for months at a time while researching his books.

Jackson's publisher Jonah has also received correspondence from Jackson while he's been away, but hasn't shared any details with anyone, other than to say that he's sure Jackson will reappear when he's ready to - just like always, "That man has the luck of a leprichorn and more lives than a cat!"

Christmas comes and goes with no sign of Jackson.

@Dave: I'll introduce your character early in the chapter.

Re: OOC - Chapter 1

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:50 pm
by Raiko
DICE ROLLS

If possible please could you try to use the dice roller on Carnage Lee's dholeshouse.org site for all dice rolls during the campaign.

Here's a link to the roller: http://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceRoller

I think that you'll need to create an account on the site to use the dice roller.

Please use "Raiko's Masks" as the campaign / game name.

There are several good dice rollers available on the internet (and the built-in roller on this forum), but CoC is a pain because dice rolls are also the XP system, so I'd rather have everything in one place so i can look things up easily "skill check" time. I don't want anyone to miss out!

There's a way to incorporate Dholes House rolls directly into the forum, but I need to practice myself. The roller does have a problem that it looks like it's impossible to find the unique id of a die roll once you've left the result page, but I'll mention that to Lee and maybe he'll be able to add it to the archive page. :)

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:29 am
by Raiko
Right then, the IC thread is up. Any posting bias towards Amy by me is finished now that she has received Jackson's telegram.

You may get together however you wish, so long as you all make it to the Coffee Pot by the required time. :)

We can skip quickly to then, or you can take your time doing other things with what time you have. The streets are partially cleared of snow, but remain treacherous, particularly for cars. Public transport is a better option, especially trolley cars, the subway and the elevated subways. (I think I've got that terminology correct, as a Brit I'd call a trolley car a tram).

-- EDIT --

One more thing, feel free to discuss what your characters are up to in this OOC thread before posting IC if you like. As I say, we can move as quickly or as slowly onto the Coffee Pot as you like, but I do want you all to be happy again with playing your characters before you meet back up with Jackson.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 pm
by CrackheadC.
I'm just gonna play it as though James has had very little luck with work lately. Also, I noticed that I didn't mark anything out for an inventory, even something basic like a gun or car (things that my skills would suggest I have), so I'll drop something into that later.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:59 am
by DrPeterson
Jordan will have just finished a small tour to celebrate the launch of his collection of short stories titled "No women without men".

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Amy has been keeping busy pursuing her studies, as well as working as a research assistant for her father. She has successfully completed her first semester.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:40 pm
by Raiko
Feel free to make a few IC posts over the next couple of days while we wait for Andy (and maybe Job) to post.

I'll need an IC post plus a library use roll for Amy if she's checking up on the Carlyle Expedition.

It's up to the rest of you whether you want to post again, meet up before tomorrow or whatever.

I'm going to ping an email to the others and also let Dave know how / when he's joining.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy
For some reason, I'm not able to log into the Dhole's House to make my roll. It keeps telling me I'm not authenticated. I've tried my password and close variants to it several times. I eventually found the link for a forgotten password when I tried to reregister, but the email with the unlock key never arrived.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Mr.Handy, the Beta is working. For me at least.

http://beta.dholeshouse.org/Default

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:03 am
by Raiko
Yes, you've reminded me that I think I had exactly the same problem, and needed to ask Carnage Lee to reset my password.

The non-beta version is working for me now, and I don't think that newly registered users would have the same problem, I think that it's just the likes of you and me who had Dholes House accounts before the site was updated.

I'll get in touch with Lee about Dholes House, in the meantime just use whichever dice roller you'd use for your own games. Hopefully I'll get everything sorted before we need lots of rolls.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
I used to use Invisible Castle, but it's been dead for some time. Since then, and also before during times when IC was temporarily out of order, I've used this site's dice roller. I tried it here, but it hasn't been activated for this board.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:38 pm
by royya
I am using this one:
http://orokos.com/roll/

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:44 pm
by carnage_lee
Dice rolls enabled and Dholes House problems ought to gave been sorted too.

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! I made my roll and edited my IC post to include the results.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:33 pm
by CrackheadC.
Marko has nothing to add until the next scene, so I'll post again after the library bit / everyone who's back posts / and we move to the coffee pot.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:36 am
by Raiko
I'll post the information that Amy learns later today, and will move onto the meetup at the Coffee Pot on Friday.

Once we start at the Coffee Pot, those who haven't posted in Chapter One yet will need to join a little later with Dave if they're joining the game.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:20 am
by Dave Syrinx
Oh, I'm in!? I thought I was redundant as all the players were on. Good times!

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:54 am
by andyw666
Hi Team, sorry, busy busy busy. Promise to get posting tomorrow. - Andy

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 am
by Raiko
You arrive at the Coffee Pot in whichever order you post here. James arrived at the location first, he parks outside a couple of hours before the meeting time, but doesn't necessarily need to be the first to enter.

The scene inside is how it will be whoever enters first, it's not written specifically for James.

Sunset is a few minutes before 5pm, and the skies are clear, so dusk will linger for a while, although it'll get cold quickly. It's completely dark other than the streetlights long before the planned meeting at 7pm.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:52 pm
by Raiko
If you could all try to make at least one or two posts and all be inside the Coffee Pot today, I'll make a new post around this time tomorrow. :)

For those who have made at least one chapter one post already, if you don't manage a Coffee Pot post in the next 24 hours I'll include your character arriving there in my post.

@Job, your character's place remains open until the end of chapter one, but if you don't manage to join us before my next post, then you'll need to sit out until a little later in the chapter.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:57 pm
by Raiko
I ended up going out for the evening with the family yesterday and didn't have time to do everything else that I wanted to do.

I'll catch up on your posts a little later and then post a reply. :)

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:24 am
by Raiko
I'll endeavor to post ever evening this week, if there's anything for me to reply to.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:19 am
by Raiko
I wouldn't normally reply until everyone's had at least 24 hours to respond to my previous post, but in this case it seemed better to post immediately.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
Yes, it's good that you did, especially since I'll be away and probably unable to post from tomorrow afternoon through Sunday night.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:56 pm
by DrPeterson
Sorry for the absence, gang. In the run-up to my leaving for Greece, this week proved to be a bit more intense than I'd anticipated.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 am
by Raiko
I'll post again tomorrow. Been a little busy this week in the evenings - kids activities every day is a little too much! ;)

Since Mr Handy is away - and Amy has heard something inside the room - I thought I'd give everyone time to post and make sure I replied before Sunday.

@Royya, make a luck roll. If you succeed you find a staff member nearby, otherwise not.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:35 am
by Raiko
I think that Mr Handy is due back, so hopefully he can post for Amy, and hopefully between my post and Royya's there's enough to give everyone something to say in the meantime anyway. :)

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
Irene looks great! I can easily see her becoming Amy's friend and mentor.

By the way, she should have 11 HP rather than 10. It's the average of CON and SIZ, rounded up.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:57 pm
by Raiko
Terribly sorry, week from hell at work.

I didn't even realise how busy and tired I've been until I remembered that I needed to post yesterday and didn't have time.

I'll catch up and post replies tonight.

I don't expect to be quite as busy next week.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:50 pm
by Job
Hello all. Mind if I join the party? :) Dayton needs some exercise.

I would surely love to take part in some fun, interactive fiction after my long time away.

Job.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:44 pm
by Raiko
Job wrote:Hello all. Mind if I join the party? :) Dayton needs some exercise.

I would surely love to take part in some fun, interactive fiction after my long time away.

Job.
Welcome back Job! :)

Yes, you are most welcome to join back in - I felt terribly bad kick off the adventure without you.

If you can manage to post an IC post in the next day or so that assumes you've been to the Coffee Pot with the rest of them then you can join in immediately.

This will also save me having to work out the best time to bring you back in later! ;)

---------------------------------------------------

@Mr Handy: Make a know roll, but it'll need to be spectacularly successful to reveal the exact answer.

@Andy: Make a STR resistance roll. This will use Tremayne and Anderson's combined STR. Unless you roll above 95% you will be able to bust the door open, but the degree of success / failure will determine how long it takes. TV detectives always get impale/critical success rolls and bash the door straight open! ;)

I'm going to have quite a busy week again, but I'll be good to post every evening. So we can hopefully get a move on. :)

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Job! :)

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:53 pm
by Job
Thanks Raiko and Mr. Handy!

It's good to be back, hearing from friends, and getting the creative juices flowing. I see that Royya is still around too! I'll have to reach out to Anatomist.

I look forward to getting into lots and lots of trouble in the coming months. 8-)

J.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome! If you want to resume BtMOM, I can pull it out of the Graveyard for us.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:19 pm
by Raiko
Amy is fairly sure that the language being spoken is African in origin. It's certainly not any European language that she's ever heard.

I'll make the roll to kick the door myself when I'm home from work, to keep things moving.

Alternatively if anyone has access to the Dholes House site right now feel free to make a STR resistance roll for Tremayne and Anderson. Just post the link here.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:58 pm
by Job
Mr. Handy wrote:You're welcome! If you want to resume BtMOM, I can pull it out of the Graveyard for us.
Hi Mr. Handy,

Yes, I do intend to start BtMoM back up. I may take a couple of weeks before beginning in earnest, but it'll be nice to see it on the list again. I'll take a bit of time to settle in with Raiko's Masks game, and to re-read some of our threads, and to post a notice that we're starting back up.

I believe that our expedition is still struggling through a hurricane and investigating a bomb threat! The ice awaits us...

Thanks!
Job.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:20 am
by Raiko
Hi, I cannot apologise enough, I'm not usually as unreliable as I've been during this game.

I normally have quite a relaxed schedule at work, and can write up posts during a lazy lunchhour, but work's been crazy for a few weeks now and I'm dead busy at home as well (that bit's normally true!).

I promise I'm not going to vanish again, and I will posting regularly. I've a day off work tomorrow, and I'll only be busy in the morning at home I think.
I also think that things should have calmed down more at work, but I'll only know for sure when I'm back in on Friday.

It's 2am and I'm too tired to write the next post right now, but I'll get it done tomorrow afternoon/evening - and then hopefully things will be calm enough at work that I can post regularly.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Job wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:You're welcome! If you want to resume BtMOM, I can pull it out of the Graveyard for us.
Hi Mr. Handy,

Yes, I do intend to start BtMoM back up. I may take a couple of weeks before beginning in earnest, but it'll be nice to see it on the list again. I'll take a bit of time to settle in with Raiko's Masks game, and to re-read some of our threads, and to post a notice that we're starting back up.

I believe that our expedition is still struggling through a hurricane and investigating a bomb threat! The ice awaits us...

Thanks!
Job.
I'm looking forward to it! Just let me know when you're ready, and I'll bring it back.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:28 am
by Raiko
Hey guys, although this must seem like deja-vu from last summer when I couldn't post, things are looking okay now.

I keep getting snowed under at work, but it's looking better than a couple of weeks ago, and after a ridiculously busy couple of weeks at home I've actually got nothing time consuming to do for a few weeks. I'm too tired tonight to write a creative post, so I've blatantly cut and pasted text from the equivalent post in my previous Masks game and then rewrote it to fit the current situation - sorry about that, but it at least gets us back in the game, rather than waiting another 24 hours for me to write a very similar post.

I've assumed that the door will break eventually, rather than risking further delay by making the roll. Please could you all do me a favour and confirm that you have successfully created a dholeshouse.org account for future dice rolls?

My reason for preferring to use DH for rolls is that the website is owned/run by Carnage Lee (as is this forum) and so it is only likely to go permanently offline if this forum does. I had a lot of problems with third party dice roller sites during previous games.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 pm
by CrackheadC.
I don't have dholeshouse account yet. I suppose I am waiting for a confirmation email for my account. If you are amenable, I would accept a Handgun roll (40%, +any bonus for the man being in my face) from anyone who wishes to roll for me until I get an account settled for myself.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:40 pm
by DrPeterson
I don't have a DA-account either, I think.
Why aren't we using the forum roller? Isn't that a lot easier?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:23 am
by royya
Me too,
I registered a while ago and didn't recieve any confirmatio email so my account is disabled I guess.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:41 am
by Dave Syrinx
It's the Betadholeshouse that works properly, right Lee?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:38 pm
by Job
I tried to register on Dholeshouse.org , but then recieved an error: "An error occurred. AspEmail.net 5.4.0.4130 has generated error #3. [ AspEmail.net has expired. Please visit AspEMail.com to purchase a key that will not expire ]"

I then tried to register on beta.Dholehouse.org, and it tells me that my email address is already in use by another member. :/

J.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:48 pm
by Dave Syrinx
True, it seems there's some kind of problem with both versions of the site. I could activate the on-site roller for the forum instead so we have something to work with.
Cheers!

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:50 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Might be activated already..
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:38 am
by royya
Can you remind how to use the on-site roller please.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:43 am
by Raiko
I'll get the next post up tonight. :)

I'd prefer to use the Dholes House dice roller because:
a) It provides a full list of every dice roll made by a player, which is handy for looking back at when we make use of CoC's stupidly random experience system at the end of the chapter. It also allows me to make "secret" rolls that are maintained in a list, but not visible in the forum.
b) My experience of the in-forum dice roller elsewhere (giants in the playground forums) is that sometimes posts get messed up. At least with the DH site the original roll is still there, regardless of any problems with the post.

However since there's still problems with the DH mail client I'll accept rolls any way you like. In the meantime I'll ask Lee to have another look at the DH accounts to validate everyone.

In the past I've played forum games of Shadowrun, before even invisible castle existed, and we just used trust (players and GM rolled real dice and posted the results), this worked fine and Shadowrun needs many more rolls (and dice!) than Call of Cthulhu. So I genuinely couldn't care less which dice roller we use (roll a d100 at home if you like), but the XP system is still a pain. I'm not trawling back through the forum to find all the dice rolls at the end of the chapter, so if you don't want to use the DH roller, then you'll need to make sure that I tell you whether to tick the skill check box when you make the roll. And you'll be responsible for maintaining your character sheet.

Obviously that's no different to a tabletop game, but it's harder to remember that you didn't tick after a library use roll from six months ago than it is from last weekend. Many forum games are one-shots so they aren't affected by CoC's eccentric XP system.

By the way, for anyone who's going to struggle with remembering how to post various kinds of online dice roll or who prefers real dice, I'm 100% genuine that I'm happy to use trust and real rolls.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:44 am
by Cearlan
royya wrote:Can you remind how to use the on-site roller please.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3698#wrap

Had to remind myself a couple of days ago ;-)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:59 am
by andyw666
How we doing?

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:39 pm
by CrackheadC.
Not sure, Raiko has been online as recently as today, but no posts. Might be busy or stuck on something. I'm still checking so hopefully he'll give us an update soon.

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:05 pm
by Raiko
Yeah sorry (I'm sick of myself for keeping posting that).

I've been really struggling for time, but I'm hopeful of resuming in the next day or two.

I still really want to run this game, I'll try to be a bit more regular with my updates if I'm ever unable to post again. :oops:

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:08 pm
by Raiko
By the way, I'm perfectly happy to use the forum built-in dice roller. I'll need to post from my phone to get the game back up to speed, and Dholes House would just make that even harder for me (rubbish phone signal at work)

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:49 pm
by CrackheadC.
Feel better. We've all been there, life is time consuming so hopefully you'll get some more free time soon. If you are going to throw an update up for the current combat, I wouldn't mind if you rolled for my damage, I'm not sure if it counts as an impale or not based on point-blank range, so Keeper's choice there.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here and ready to go whenever you are.

I never got answers to my questions earlier, as I was waiting on them before I posted my action for the round.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 am
by carnage_lee
Hi all - Sorry I've not been following this topic very closely.

Sorry that you've had hiccups with the Dholes House; I'd forgotten to update the licence for the mail component, which is why you were all having issues.

I've resolved that issue and emails are now being sent. There's another problem that's appeared today, the SSL cert appears to be mus-configured (very annoying, as it was working fine) a ticket has been raised.

I've manually activated the following accounts:

DrPeterson
Cearlan
royya
CrackheadC
Job

Dave - I didn't confirm the 2 accounts you tried to register as you already have one.

The beta site is not available right now - I need to get an SSL cert for that hostname - I'm hoping this week to have this available - this will include all the new features (the biggest being Call of Cthulhu 7th ed character generator and management system (with 'fillable' PDF character sheet). I'm hoping for a full release early into September.

Oh - if you do use the dice roller.... you'll need to use these tags to get it displayed here :

Code: Select all

[dhdr]{Dice UID}[/dhdr]
Where {Dice UID} is the GUID of the dice roll generated: i.e. 99ad6a84-65d9-45f1-b772-7d3e02a8525e
example:
[dhdr]99ad6a84-65d9-45f1-b772-7d3e02a8525e[/dhdr]

Tags can be nested:
Test: Sending Email Roll,[dhdr]99ad6a84-65d9-45f1-b772-7d3e02a8525e[/dhdr]

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:29 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Thanks, Lee.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:03 am
by Raiko
Thanks Lee. :)

I should be considerably less busy for the next couple of weeks. So I should be able to start posting again.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:21 pm
by carnage_lee
Hi guys,

I thought I'd drop you a line to let you know that I've uploaded the very latest version of The Dholes House (this version doesn't run under ssl, which the main site will). Your regular logins will work on the beta site.

What's new?
  • 2 methods to create 7th edition CoC Investigators
  • Add/Upload character portrait
  • Ability to update skills, hit pts, magic pts, sanity, luck - to keep track of 'in play' changes
  • early version 'Character Library' - share 6th and 7th ed. Characters
  • Ability to obtain the Dice Roll UID from the dice roll archive
I'm hoping to be able to make all this live in a couple of weeks.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:02 am
by Raiko
The school holidays have finished, I've taken back my laptop from the kids in the evening, I'm not maxed out at work these days, and I'm determined not to totally lose contact again like at the end of the prologue.

Firstly long awaited answers to Mr Handy's questions:
Mr. Handy wrote:OOC,Are there any fire alarms that can be pulled in the hallway? Can we get to the stairs without having to go past the man with the machete? Also, is there blood on the machete?
Fire alarms in the hallway: No, sorry. I'm not sure whether fire alarms in hallways were a thing in the 20s, but the Hotel Chelsea was already an old building even then, so I'll say no.

Get to the stairs: You can get to the stairs that you came up without danger. If you mean where the second thug is climbing down, the thug is only visible to James, Tremayne and Anderson at the moment. He/she is literally climbing over the side of the balcony outside Jackson's room, and getting there would require passing by the thug with the machete.

Blood on the Machete: Yes, there is blood and bits of flesh on the Machete. Feel free to make a SAN check for poor Amy as she realises that it's probably Jackson's blood and flesh (San loss 0/1).

-----------------------

@CrackheadC: Your attack is indeed an impale, so you do 2d10+4 damage.

@Job: Your "tackle" is successful, so the thug is coming crashing to the ground right after the .45 slug hits him.

@Royya & Andy: If you want to make skill rolls for your attacks you can. Alternatively you may attempt something different if you wish - seeing as the thug is going to be wounded (perhaps dead) and knocked to the ground.

I'm worried that I'll always have extreme difficulty posting during the school holidays, but with a little luck I'll be okay to post regularly until mid December now, so hopefully progress will be made. :)

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:08 pm
by Raiko
Hi everyone,

Just another quick message to let you know that I've not totally abandoned this game. :oops:

It's been a difficult year for my family, and the next month is likely to be particularly difficult for my wife as the beginning of the month is the Birthday of our stillborn baby.

Having said that, things have generally gotten easier as the year has gone on, and my offline RPG activity at least is mostly back to normal now. I've given up the pathfinder/dnd 5e game that I was running (I truly suck at running tactical dnd games!). I'm now running BtMoM for my tabletop players (a continuation of my long dead forum game here, some of my tabletop players were involved), and I'm also about the begin Horror on the Orient Express with my older children.

So that brings me back here to Masks, which I dropped (again) at the most dreadful place (again).

I'd very much like to try and get this game moving, as I do love pbp gaming and was looking forward to this game. For the reasons mentioned above the next few weeks are likely to be both difficult and busy for me, but I do think that the worst is behind me now.

If there is still interest then I plan to resume posting on Boxing Day 26th December (I'll clear up any outstanding dice rolls during the week before Christmas). I know that not everyone will be able to post regularly during the holiday period, but I'll post as often as needed myself.

I plan to be on a different cell-network in the New Year, so I'll be able to post at lunchtime reliably for the first time in several years by setting up a hotspot for my laptop. My existing network has been useless at work sincve my department switched buildings (with hindsight that was the final nail in the coffin of my original Masks game).

If you're mostly fed up of my unreliability, then I understand, please let me know either way.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! I definitely want to continue playing! 8-)

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:29 am
by royya
I am here

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:07 pm
by DrPeterson
And my axe!

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:02 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Ta! Gerald is waiting as well.

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:29 am
by andyw666
G'day Mate, I'm still around. PM me if you are able to kick off again just so I don't miss it. - Andy

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 pm
by Cearlan
Still here matey - hope all is getting better at your end

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 am
by Raiko
Thanks everyone . :)

Dave & Cearlan, I'll make sure that Gerald and Irene are ready to join the game immediately when we resume. I'll need a quick PM chat first in a week or so.

I'll email/pm those who haven't replied in the next couple of days, and I'll resolve any outstanding actions and queries once I've sorted out Gerald and Irene.

Still planning to start the game going again on the 25th. :)

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:32 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Stellar, Gary!

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 pm
by Cearlan
Whenever you are ready mate.

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Great! I'm ready when you are too, and I should have more time then.

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:32 am
by Raiko
I had family around for Boxing Day, so the restart is delayed, but should only be a day late.

Hope you're all having a nice Christmas / Yogtide.

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:35 am
by Dave Syrinx
It's all over now. Winter storms and rains are over us. A washing of the souls for the new year :twisted:

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 pm
by Cearlan
Happy New Year to everyone

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:00 pm
by Raiko
Cearlan wrote:Happy New Year to everyone
Happy New Year! :)

This game is still restarting by the way.

Sorry about the holdup.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:52 am
by andyw666
MX and a HNY to All!

I am still here and happy to restart whenever!!

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:14 pm
by Raiko
Hi everyone, the school hols proved troublesome for restarting, so here I am a full month later than planned.

Anyway, life's happy at the moment and I should be able to post daily; fingers and tentacles crossed we'll have no delays for a while now. I've no planned absences from the forums in the near future, just let me know if you'll be unable to post for more than a couple of days. :)

I'll PM everyone with a heads-up, and then I've got another PM written to fetch Dave and Cearlan's characters straight into the game.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:33 pm
by Dave Syrinx
*Pushes the thumbs up button and tweets about it*
Oh, wrong board.

Great to be rolling again!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:16 am
by andyw666
I promise to post tomorrow! - Andy

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:32 am
by Raiko
I've just emailed Job and CrackheadC, as neither has been on the forum for a few weeks.

I'll post later today regardless.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:18 pm
by Raiko
Oops...

I seem a little cursed, every time I start posting here something in real-life kicks me in the teeth.

Not to worry though, I'll post here later todaythis weekend and will try to post every day.

For now I'll assume that only those players who replied to my previous post are active - I did email the others, and they're welcome to rejoin any time. :)

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:12 am
by andyw666
Don't give up Mate! We're here...

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:46 pm
by Cearlan
I kniow from bitter experience how real life can get in the way mate, we are all waiting here with baited breath. Above all keep yourself and those around you healthy and happy, after all this is just a game (can't believe I just said that - JUST a game !!! ;-) )

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx
I'm here as well. Been hitting my wall in the wall of life myself. Keep at it!

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:54 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here too, and I'll wait however long you need.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:41 pm
by royya
Mr. Handy wrote:I'm still here too, and I'll wait however long you need.
There is a limit you know... :lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:30 pm
by Raiko
Hi everyone.

Given my succession of failed attempts to run this game, don't get too excited about this post. :oops:

I'm mostly posting to confirm to myself that I can find time to post here once or twice per day.

If I can then I'll attempt to get things going again, if not then I'll archive the game instead.

Either way, I'd like to at least spend time in these forums again and this seems as good a thread to return to as anywhere else.

I'm actually about to start running Masks for my teenaged children, and I've got my hardback MoN companion at home breaking a bookshelf, so it seems criminal to not finish what I started here.
royya wrote:
There certainly is. :oops:

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:07 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back!
Raiko wrote:Hi everyone.

Given my succession of failed attempts to run this game, don't get too excited about this post. :oops:
Too late! ;)
Raiko wrote: I'm mostly posting to confirm to myself that I can find time to post here once or twice per day.

If I can then I'll attempt to get things going again, if not then I'll archive the game instead.

Either way, I'd like to at least spend time in these forums again and this seems as good a thread to return to as anywhere else.

I'm actually about to start running Masks for my teenaged children, and I've got my hardback MoN companion at home breaking a bookshelf, so it seems criminal to not finish what I started here.
royya wrote:
There certainly is. :oops:
I haven't reached it yet.

If you are able to run Masks, you can count me in!

I have a softcover copy of the companion weighing down my shelf. It and my copy of Masks remain unread, in the hopes that I'll get to play it. Plus, I don't really have time to read them anyway.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:05 pm
by Raiko
Great. :)

As long as I'm getting enough time to make posts (I am expecting to) and there's a few players still interested then I'll start making game posts in a few days.

A bit backwards I know, but I'm hesitant in case I make a post and then find that I've not got enough time to make follow ups.

Hopefully though we'll get on with the game, and get it finished before your bookshelf snaps under the weight of the Masks Companion. ;)

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 pm
by Dave Syrinx
At your cue, we'll jump right in.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:05 pm
by Mr. Handy
Great! I'll probably be busier than you are in November, so there will probably be times when I won't be able to post. As I said in the Absence Thread, I'll be at conventions November 2-5, 10-12, and 17-18. I'll also be on a trip November 19-25, though I expect to be able to post then except during the first and last days of it.

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:33 am
by HelplessBystander
If it’s not too late, I’d be interested in rolling up a new character to join as well...

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 am
by Raiko
I'm going to be pretty busy during the next couple of weekends anyway Mr Handy, so any posts that I make in the first half of November will be on weekdays.
HelplessBystander wrote:If it’s not too late, I’d be interested in rolling up a new character to join as well...
If you don't mind waiting for a few days for an answer, then there's a possibility that you'll be able to join in quickly.

I'll need to know whether all the existing players are still playing first. If they are, then it's already quite a large team of investigators, but I'll get back to you. :)

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:07 pm
by HelplessBystander
No worries. I’m already in quite a few RPs anyways. I’m fine waiting for a while. In fact, I’m completely fine with my character not being introduced until LONDON, and I’d say I’m a pretty patient person.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:37 pm
by DrPeterson
I'm in too!

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:33 am
by Raiko
Excellent I'll PM anyone who hasn't posted here when I've posted in the IC thread.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 am
by Raiko
I'm just rereading everything I've got relating to chapter one at the moment.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:38 pm
by DrPeterson
Yay! This is going to happen!

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 pm
by Raiko
DrPeterson wrote:Yay! This is going to happen!
Definitely. :)

As I mentioned to Mr.Handy, I'm pretty busy during the next couple of weekends, but I've been reading a lot of Masks stuff this week. I'll give you an update on Monday, if I'm not ready to restart IC by then, I hope that I'll only need another day or two. It really just depends whether I get a little free time or zero free time this weekend.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:37 pm
by HelplessBystander
I mean, could I volunteer to help a bit? It seems like a campaign of this size isn't exactly easy to manage with only one GM. I think I could attempt to lighten your workload in the bookkeeping aspect if you're interested. :?

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 pm
by Raiko
HelplessBystander wrote:I mean, could I volunteer to help a bit? It seems like a campaign of this size isn't exactly easy to manage with only one GM. I think I could attempt to lighten your workload in the bookkeeping aspect if you're interested. :?
Thanks for the offer, but no I'll honestly be fine.

I am still hoping that you'll get the chance to play.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 pm
by HelplessBystander
No worries. I'll see what happens next. After all, I'm only a "Helpless Bystander"~
*Drumbeat crash ba dum tiss*

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:21 pm
by Raiko
Okay then I've messaged the rest of the players (emailed Job) and should be able to post tonight or tomorrow.

Although I've not posted on here every day, it's mostly been because there's little to write until the game resumes, but I'm satisfied that I've spent time on the forum every day for the last week - and I was on here regjlarly the week before I posted as well.

So I'm as confident as possible that I'm able to post regularly again.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:02 am
by royya
I am in ...
But I hope Raiko that you are in too :roll:

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:42 pm
by Raiko
royya wrote:I am in ...
But I hope Raiko that you are in too :roll:
Time will tell.

I'm determined to make these forums a part of my daily routine again though, so hopefully if I'm going to be absent again I'll at least be polite enough to post in the absence thread - which should prevent me from vanishing for a lengthy period.

At the moment I feel that if I didn't have this campaign to return to, then I'd want to start a game on here anyway which is a good sign I think. :)

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 am
by andyw666
I'm here! - Andy

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:58 am
by Raiko
IC thread is now running again. :D

Hopefully without any interruptions for a while.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 am
by Raiko
Oops, almost forgot - Sanity checks for Clark, Jordan, DL and James when they see Jackson's body. Loss is 0/1d3 - Great War experience will reduce this to 0/1.

Sanity checks for Gerald and Irene for encountering the shot assassin (0/1 loss)

Sanity check for Tremayne and Anderson (0/1 loss) for the hacked man in front of them, and also because they know the guy on the bed upstairs is probably Jackson, even though they didn't have time to look - and there was a lot of blood.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:20 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Sanity check for Gerald. @80

[dice]1[/dice]

Gerald passes his check.

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 am
by andyw666
Hi again, I'm just catching up on what we've been doing. Hope to start posting tonight. - Andy

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:17 am
by andyw666
Tremayne's SAN is 70 and he rolls...

[dice]0[/dice]

Safe for now...

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:19 am
by Raiko
andyw666 wrote:Hi again, I'm just catching up on what we've been doing. Hope to start posting tonight. - Andy
That's fine Andy.

I'll wait another 24 hours to post again, and then I'll try to reply to everyone who has posted. After that I'll try to post at least once per day.

We'll see how we are for active players next week.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 am
by DrPeterson
Jordan rolls sanity 70%
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 pm
by royya
Clark sanity check
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:02 pm
by Raiko
Just making a test post, because I need to remind myself how to use the dice roller. It's been a while. :oops:

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice=total]2[/dice]

[dice=string,total]3[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 pm
by Raiko
Sanity checks for the remaining investigators:

DL (sanity=65)
[dice]0[/dice]

James (sanity=55)
[dice]1[/dice]

Anderson (sanity=70)
[dice]2[/dice]

Irene (sanity=70)
[dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:49 pm
by Raiko
@HelplessBystander

Would you like to stand in for an absent player until a decent time to swap investigators?

You could take over DL from Job for now, as he's the least likely to resume posting, but you could stand in for anyone who's missing for now. So if Job returns and Cearlan doesn't then you could run Irene for example. Not quite an assistant Keeper, but that would be very helpful for keeping things moving. :)

It's not a massive spoiler now to reveal that Jackson Elias will have a funeral in a few days, which would be a good time to swap an absent player's investigator for a new one of your own. There will be other opportunities both before and after that event.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm
by Raiko
Thanks for everyone who's returned so far. :)

I'll be able to make an IC reply for everyone later today. I'll include actions for all the investigators who's players haven't returned yet.

I should be okay to post daily after that.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:43 pm
by DrPeterson
Hooray!

Let's take it nice and smooth.
I'm sure it's not really necessary to micromanage the torchbearers, that way none of us will get overstretched ;)

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 pm
by HelplessBystander
Raiko wrote:@HelplessBystander

Would you like to stand in for an absent player until a decent time to swap investigators?

You could take over DL from Job for now, as he's the least likely to resume posting, but you could stand in for anyone who's missing for now. So if Job returns and Cearlan doesn't then you could run Irene for example. Not quite an assistant Keeper, but that would be very helpful for keeping things moving. :)

It's not a massive spoiler now to reveal that Jackson Elias will have a funeral in a few days, which would be a good time to swap an absent player's investigator for a new one of your own. There will be other opportunities both before and after that event.
Sure. No worries.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 am
by Raiko
Sorry for the minor delay, my busy weekend started earlier than I expected (but not earlier than my wife expected lol), so I was too sleepy late on Friday evening to write a post, and then away from the internet all weekend.

I'll have the post done today and should be okay to post every day this week. I'm expecting next weekend to be another busy one, but hopefully not quite as tiring as this week - so I should be okay to post in the evenings even at weekend.
HelplessBystander wrote:
Sure. No worries.
That's great. :)

If you read through everything IC so far in this chapter and the prologue, plus the character sheets in "The Investigators" thread then you can start posting as either DL or Irene (your choice). Irene has done nothing in game yet, other than stepping out of her hotel room - and I fairly sure that Cearlan isn't interested in returning, so you could replace Irene with a female character of your own if you liked. You could even change her name at this stage (and I'll edit the few prior posts that reference Irene). The only limitation is that she should be younger than Gerald, whom she is in a relationship with - or at the least a travelling companion of. So basically any young or middle aged female character would be fine.

DL would need to remain exactly as he is, since he's played a more active role so far. I'm hoping that Job does return, as I know he's been trying to play Masks with his DL character for a very long time.

I'm also hoping CrackheadC will be back, he was last online just an hour or two before I PMed him, but feel free to take over James for now if you prefer.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:44 pm
by Raiko
A quick roll off hidden meaning:
[dice=string]0[/dice]

A climb roll for James (40% skill):
[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 pm
by HelplessBystander
I assure you that I'm completely up to date. I've been reading along for a while now. ;)

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 am
by Raiko
My last IC post is now updated to include the three clue handouts. Placed inside a spoiler tag, as the images are large.
HelplessBystander wrote:I assure you that I'm completely up to date. I've been reading along for a while now. ;)
Excellent! Welcome to the game. :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 am
by HelplessBystander
Haha, no worries. I've already made a post.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:07 am
by HelplessBystander
This is probably going to sound annoying but...
his eyes are those of a man driven mad by drugs or insanity.
Really? That's not exactly very specific and is, dare I say it, a bit redundant. It's like saying a man who drowned in water. That prompted another thought: can you be driven mad by insanity?

Sorry, couldn't help but point that out. Feel free to ignore me. Just something that I thought I should point out.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 am
by andyw666
His eyes are driven mad by drugs or pedantry?

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 am
by HelplessBystander
I know I’m being pedantic. It’s just one of those bad habits. Terribly sorry ‘bout that.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 am
by Raiko
HelplessBystander wrote:I know I’m being pedantic. It’s just one of those bad habits. Terribly sorry ‘bout that.
I wasnt happy with the post myself, to clarify the dodgy word was mad, because I meant rage rather than insanity, which is obviously confusing in this case. I've edited the post to the following:
his eyes are filled with the berserk fury of a drug fiend or a madman.
You can be as pedantic as you like, but bear in mind that I make no claims about the quality of my English, but I do my best to be descriptive, and I will only alter prior posts if they cause confusion. In this case the man is berserk.

If you're routinely pedantic, then I will of course expect your IC posts to be works of literary genius. ;)
(That's a genuine joke, no offense intended).

Incidentally given the importance of these three assassins to the story, they get the longest descriptions of any throw away npcs in the entire campaign. In this case (edited to not really be much of a spoiler don't worry):
Spoiler:
number two is a white cocaine fiend
And that's considerably longer than the description of his black companion. Lol.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 am
by HelplessBystander
Oh yeah, don't worry. I promise to keep to myself on 99% of everything. It's just that the post had some confusing bits that I couldn't help but point out. ;)

Anyways, don't worry, it's going to be glorious. I can already see the glorious journey (the fact that I have a world map taped to the wall helped), so I'm sure I won't be an absolute pedantic nitpicker the whole way through.

It's just one of those habits of suffering through exams as a student seeping through every once in a while. My teachers often drum into me the importance of clarity in writing. They did their jobs slightly too well...

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 pm
by Raiko
Andy, the order is:
  1. Archie Tremayne
  2. The assassin
  3. Michael Anderson
So you're up. :)

By the way, any time you're in a combat situation and unsure when it's your turn (or waiting for another player to go first) just post an action / dice roll in this OOC thread if you like, and I'll add it to my next post.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 am
by andyw666
Cool bananas, will do.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm
by Raiko
Kabukiman, please make a fast talk roll for Anderson.

If you succeed the assassin is distracted, loses his next attack in his confusion and might well go for you next - in this case Tremayne can get in two more attacks before the assassin can act again (and Anderson can do something else as well while the assassin is confused)

If you fail, the assassin will continue to hack at Tremayne after his next action.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Guys, too much work and too little time for me to play. Sorry.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 am
by Raiko
Fast talk roll for Anderson's earlier attempt to distract the assassin.

Fast Talk (60%)
[dice]0[/dice]

A success, so the assassin loses his next attack due to the distraction.

This gives Tremayne two melee attacks and Anderson one melee attack before the assassin can get in another swing if his machete - which will be against Anderson if he's in reach.
Dave wrote:Guys, too much work and too little time for me to play. Sorry.
No worries Dave, we'll just assume that Gerald does what Irene tells him to - that's how things normally go isn't it? ;)

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 am
by HelplessBystander
Haha, alright. :D

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:03 am
by andyw666
I'll put Tremayne's third attack here, in the event machete man is still fighting on...

70% Punch and Tremayne rolls...
[dice]0[/dice]

Swing and a miss!

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm
by Raiko
I could be wrong, with Christmas just around the corner, but hopefully that's the last of my mega-busy weekends for a while, so I should be able to post daily even at weekend.

I'm planning to send a last email nudge to Job and CrackheadC, and then I'll post something in the recruitment thread. I suck at NPCing missing players' characters.

@HelplessBystander if you'd rather run James or DL than Irene, then let me know, you have first dibs on available characters.

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:35 am
by HelplessBystander
No worries. I'm fine with Irene for now. Maybe you could relocate James and DL further from the campaign for an in-universe explanation on why they aren't helping and THEN post for anyone to take over.

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 am
by Raiko
I'd prefer not to relocate characters, and after thinking through things, I'd really prefer to keep as many of the original friends of Jackson in the game as possible, as those investigators have the greatest incentive to keep going as the campaign moves from location to location.

Given that we're at such an early stage of the campaign, I'll recruit any additional players on the basis that they take over James or DL. CrackheadC has been in touch, and won't have time to post actively in the near future, and I don't expect that Job is likely to return soon either. I'm thinking of recruiting a single extra player and then letting the remaining investigator leave the group. That would leave eight active investigators, including Dave who can't post at the moment - eight is about my limit anyway I think.

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 am
by Raiko
@Mr.Handy - Amy is slightly out of sync with the others, so I'm going to wait until the third and fourth floor groups each do their next thing or talk a little more before she sets off back upstairs.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 am
by Raiko
HoneyDog will be taking over playing James.

Welcome HoneyDog. :)

DL will stick around as an NPC for now, he'll be retired at a convenient point unless Job reappears first.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:06 am
by HelplessBystander
Welcome @HoneyDog! :)

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:09 am
by andyw666
HoneyDog! Woo hoo!!

(And more worryingly, HoneyDog with a gun...)

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:54 am
by Mr. Handy
It's just as well that I had to wait, as I'm away and haven't had much time anyway.

Welcome, HoneyDog!

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:54 pm
by HoneyDog
Thank you all very much. Please give me a little time to read through the posts. Everyone contributes a lot of dialogue, so it looks like a lot of fun. I hope you'll enjoy my efforts.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:01 am
by Raiko
That's fine Honeydog, begin posting once you've caught up.

I don't think that anyone's waiting for a post from me at the moment, so I'll sit back until needed.

The first cops are going to take a few minutes to arrive, so there's time to continue your own investigations if you wish.

Happy Thanksgiving to any US players (and anyone else who celebrates Thanksgiving). Thank you for helping get my game going again. :D

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 am
by Raiko
Please could those sho are on the third floor mske spot hidden rolls?

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:16 pm
by royya
Welcome, HoneyDog!

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:21 pm
by Raiko
I've noticed, on my phone at least, that the handouts are being cut off at the right hand edge.

I'll try to tidy things up tonight, as well as posting all the murder scene handouts to the handouts thread.

Note that I've also swapped the Penhew Foundation business card for a "better looking" one.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:34 am
by andyw666
*LAUGH* I had assumed that the handouts were deliberately missing parts to add to the mystery.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:03 am
by Raiko
Wow, two pocket handkerchiefs, one to secure a prison, one to save an innocent man's life - Bilbo would be proud.

I've had a busy day, so haven't time for a longer post. I'll sort out stuff upstairs in my next post. Royya, I'm assuming that Clark still prefers to keep clear of the cops?

Everyone else, I assume, is sticking around Jackson's room to talk to them?

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:09 am
by HelplessBystander
Yep. Sticking around on the fourth floor.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 am
by HoneyDog
James shot someone so he'll have to talk to the police.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Amy will stay on the fourth floor, crying her eyes out. :cry:

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:48 am
by andyw666
Tremayne will stay on the third floor, awaiting the arrival of the police to take custody of the unconscious machete thug. Teenage is assuming he will need to give a detailed statement and explain himself to the authorities.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 am
by Raiko
@Andy, the other three were taking the thug back upstairs while Tremayne administered first aid.

The cops will obviously be visiting this floor as well though.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:21 pm
by DrPeterson
Jordan will be comforting Amy and talking to the cops.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:30 pm
by andyw666
Oops, sorry, Tremayne goes where the sleeping thug is now.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:01 am
by Raiko
Sorry for the hold up.

I'll have the next post done in a few hours when I get into the office.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:37 pm
by royya
Yes, Clark is in the lobby

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 am
by andyw666
Sorry, Ashes cricket is on here, been preoccupied this weekend!

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm
by Raiko
I'm definitely adding a little post in the next hour or two.

Sorry if anyone's waiting for me, I've been online lots and have read every post, but been a little too busy at home and work to post for the last few days.

I think work will be a little quieter from now until my Christmas break, so I should be at full speed next week.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 am
by andyw666
It's all good!

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:55 am
by HelplessBystander
Same. Slightly preoccupied this week.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:18 pm
by Raiko
andyw666 wrote:
OOC:   Do the names of the prior victims mean anything to Tremayne? Would a Know or History roll assist?  
The murders have been poorly reported so far, mainly due to institutional racism within the press and the NYPD and the seeming connection to gangsters in Harlem.

I'll allow any of you to make rolls against 50% of your know score to remember a few details from news reports.

Clark can make a normal value know roll, as can James.

Does anyone watch / read The Expanse? Nice to see Jordan taking the "James Holden approach" to investigation. :)

Since you mention your publisher, and since it's been sooooo long since we played the prologue I'll just take the opportunity to remind you about Jackson's (and Jordan and Gerald's) publisher Jonah Kensington.

He's the only person more likely than Amy to have been contacted by Jackson while he was away. Gerald knows Kensington better than he knew Elias (and Irene has met Jonah, but didn't even know Elias - she probably doesn't know that he's Elias' publisher / editor though).

No more reminders from me after this I promise. I'll try to get a timeline posted though, before the adventure moves too far along.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:25 pm
by HelplessBystander
No worries. I got everything.
Irene 1/2 KNOW 38,[dice]0[/dice] ...Irene does not remember the murders. Can I roll for [b]Gerald[/b]? Dave's being absent for a while now.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm
by Raiko
HelplessBystander wrote:Can I roll for Gerald? Dave's being absent for a while now.[/spoiler-button]
Yes, that's fine.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:00 pm
by HelplessBystander
Gerald 1/2 know 48,[dice]0[/dice] ...oof, sorry [b]Dave[/b] and sorry [b]Raiko[/b]

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:04 pm
by Raiko
Oops, it seems that poor Gerald can barely remember his own name at the moment.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 pm
by HoneyDog
James - Know 50: Know: 1d100 84

No knowledge for James.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:16 pm
by DrPeterson
Remember the Cant!

That being said, I think Holden's probably less of a narcissist than Jordan is. :)

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
I've watched The Expanse, but it's been a while since I've seen it and I don't remember it too well.

Amy's Know roll (75 / 2 = 37.5% stat):
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm
by DrPeterson
Jordan's Know 75%->37%, [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 pm
by andyw666
Tremayne's half Know would be 43% and he rolls...

[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Big Expanse fan! When in doubt, broadcast it to the world(s).  

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:11 am
by DrPeterson
Have you guys read the books? I hear they're awesome but kind of put a dampener on your enjoyment of the series.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 pm
by HelplessBystander
I have. Also, I'm actually running the prologue at this moment...or not. My group ghosted for about half a month now. No one's talking about it, leaving me in an awkward position on wether or not I should just retcon everything and play board games instead.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
I haven't read the books. I do play plenty of board games as well. There's actually a board game based on The Expanse, though I haven't played it yet.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 am
by DrPeterson
It's made by Wizzkids though, and in my book that's a bad thing.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:41 am
by Raiko
I've read The Expanse books - I'm currently reading the new one (no spoilers below as long as you've seen season 2 - and only very minor references even if you haven't).

I watched season one before reading any of them, and intended to only read book one until I'd seen season 2 of the TV show, but the books are really good so I just kept on reading!

I'm not sure about them harming my enjoyment of the TV series, I still enjoyed season 2 and I'm looking forward to season 3. I guess it depends on whether you're the type of person who's annoyed by the necessary plot changes when good books are translated to screen. I'd say that the adaptation of The Expanse is about on par with Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, there are definite changes, but everyone gets to where they're supposed to be at the end of each story arc and all the major events from the book occur in the show. So if you've read Lord of the Rings or A Song of Ice and Fire and enjoyed their screen adaptions, you'll probably be fine.

Some characters are introduced early in the TV series in order to let the viewer witness events that occur away from the protagonists in the books. Eg Avasarala doesn't appear at all until the second book, and Bobby's first appearance is on Ganymede.

There's a lot happens in the books though, and the TV show leaves off 2/3 of the way through each book (so the end of book one is at the start of season 2, and season 2 hasn't finished the story of book 2). Since so much has happened in the six books that I've read, my memory of exactly what happened when is cloudy, which helps me not get too distracted by changes.

It's worth mentioning that it's planned that there will be ten books, which would probably require eleven seasons of the show. So unfortunately it's more than likely that everyone will need to read the books eventually - I'd love the show to run for ten or eleven seasons, but it's not likely to happen.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:27 pm
by Raiko
Raiko wrote:
OOC:   Royya hasn't posted for a while. Assuming that he doesn't post something before you all spilt up, then we'll say that Clark travels with Anderson to Boston. Clark's from Boston, although I assume that a black face would be an unusual sight at Harvard in 1925.  
So I looked into my little assumption and was pleased to see that it was not nearly as unusual as I'd thought. :)

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:32 pm
by HoneyDog
I watched both seasons of The Expanse and enjoyed it a lot. It's very well-made and is obviously done by someone who has a lot of affection for the source material. I'd never heard of it before, so I can't comment on the books.

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
DrPeterson wrote:It's made by Wizzkids though, and in my book that's a bad thing.
Wizkids does publish my two favorite board games, Mage Knight and Star Trek Frontiers, but I haven't played their other stuff. I've heard that the board game of The Expanse doesn't really focus on the characters and is more about moving ships around and doing stuff with them.

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:28 am
by Raiko
1920s New York is where nightlife was born, according to National Geo anyway.

Chelsea is a theatre district at this time, and the coffee shops, diners and restaurants stay open late - some are also speakeasies, but not this one.

We'll say your favourite Coffee Pot is open 7am to 11pm every day, and they won't rush you out even then.

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:03 am
by HelplessBystander
I see. Then the assumption of a nightly meeting works, then.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:22 am
by andyw666
Team, I'm holidaying this week in a tiny beach town, I do have phone internet but may not be as prolific in my posting. - Andy

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:08 am
by Raiko
I'll try to get some new posts up today, now that you've split up.

Life's a little hectic this week with pre-Christmas activities for the kids, finishing off work stuff, etc - so it might take an extra day depending how much spare time I get.

I will however be able to keep posting throughout the Christmas holiday period.
andyw666 wrote:Team, I'm holidaying this week in a tiny beach town, I do have phone internet but may not be as prolific in my posting. - Andy
Have a great time. :)

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:20 am
by Raiko
Merry Christmas everyone, sorry for going quiet for a few days, I'm not doing another disappearing act, was just really unexpectedly busy last week still.

I'm off work until new year, and still expect to be able to post regularly during the holiday period. I've got a big family, so the next 24 hours are going to be really busy, but I'll get those posts posted just as soon as the kids give me a minute's break. ;)

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:49 am
by andyw666
All good. Merry Christmas!

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 am
by Raiko
Just a quick update, proper posts should follow later today with a bit of luck.

Mallet (Roger) is a new player on these forums and he's asked if he can take over DL.

I'd already decided that I'd look for another player for DL, so Mallet will be joining in when he's caught up with the story. Hello Roger / Mallet! :)

I think that realistically there's always going to be at least one or two players who can't post, so nine investigators doesn't seem a bad idea.

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:01 pm
by DrPeterson
Happy holidays, lads!

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:18 pm
by Mallet
Hello everyone, and I hope that you had a Merry Christmas !

I will be reading today to catch up on the story.

Also, I am relatively new to Play by Posts in general, so please accept my apologies in advance in the case of very basic questions, or any involuntary Faux Pas.

Amitiés,

Roger « Mallet ».

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 am
by HelplessBystander
Welcome!

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:56 am
by Mallet
OK, so I have read all the IC and OOC posts once.

I seem to have them same problems with all the Clues as others have mentioned: part of the right side of the images is missing.

Concerning the other people who were murdered: Should DL make a knowledge roll also to find out if he had heard anything about any of these people ?

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 am
by DrPeterson
Welcome aboard, Mallet!
Bienvenue!

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:46 pm
by Mallet
Merci beaucoup !

I have a question: what is the best procedure for dice rolls ? I noticed this was discussed earlier but I am still fuzzy on the precise details.

I became used to the system on Board Game Geek (Play By Forum section) very rapidly, as it works in a very straightforward way.

As I am relatively new to RPGs on the Internet (only a few weeks !), I will need some guidance.

Amitiés,

Roger (Mallet).

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:50 pm
by HelplessBystander
Basically, type 1d100 into [dice][/dice], then the forum told the dice and publiscise the results. Place XdY formula there.

[dice=[/dice] is for XdY+? So, these functions should work. Have fun! :)

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:54 pm
by Mallet
OK, so here is a test for dice rolls.
[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice][dice]5[/dice]+20[dice]6[/dice][dice]7[/dice][dice]8[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:01 pm
by HelplessBystander
Don't do any more than 20 in a row and you'll be fine. Enjoy!

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 pm
by Mallet
Somehow the "plus" function does not seem to be working.

When I type formulas like 1d4+4, I still get results like "4", which is impossible.

What am I doing wrong ?

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:11 pm
by HelplessBystander
It tells you the roll you got out of the TOTAL. Okay. Didn't quite work, by I think the gist of it is clear.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:27 pm
by Mallet
Well, "something" works,

but there is absolutely no difference between [dice][/dice] and [dice=[/dice]

:?

Naturally, I can always add to the results by hand after the die roll, so it's not a big deal.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 pm
by Mallet
So re-reading yet again the OOC thread I found this information:
Raiko wrote:
I'd prefer to use the Dholes House dice roller because:
a) It provides a full list of every dice roll made by a player, which is handy for looking back at when we make use of CoC's stupidly random experience system at the end of the chapter. It also allows me to make "secret" rolls that are maintained in a list, but not visible in the forum.
b) My experience of the in-forum dice roller elsewhere (giants in the playground forums) is that sometimes posts get messed up. At least with the DH site the original roll is still there, regardless of any problems with the post. (...)

I genuinely couldn't care less which dice roller we use (roll a d100 at home if you like), but the XP system is still a pain. I'm not trawling back through the forum to find all the dice rolls at the end of the chapter, so if you don't want to use the DH roller, then you'll need to make sure that I tell you whether to tick the skill check box when you make the roll. And you'll be responsible for maintaining your character sheet. (...)

Obviously that's no different to a tabletop game, but it's harder to remember that you didn't tick after a library use roll from six months ago than it is from last weekend. Many forum games are one-shots so they aren't affected by CoC's eccentric XP system.
Given this information, I will try to locate this Dholes House website and open an account.

EDIT: OK, registered my account, did a test roll, and everything seems fine.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:46 am
by andyw666
Welcome welcome.

As an aside, maybe wait until the GM posts something saying we have moved on to the next day?

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:06 am
by HelplessBystander
I'm afraid that I'll have to agree with Andy here. Though, to be honest, unless Raiko have other plans, its somewhat safe to say that moving onto the next day is safe. Just...keep in mind next time.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:06 am
by Mallet
andyw666 wrote:Welcome welcome.

As an aside, maybe wait until the GM posts something saying we have moved on to the next day?
Oops, sorry about that ... :oops:

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 am
by andyw666
It's all good!

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:22 pm
by Raiko
Okay, so it turns out that I'm far too nice a dad and never bothered to kick my autistic son off my laptop, where he's spent most of the festive period playing Roblox. So my availability wasn't what I expected.

I'm going to reread your last few posts and will attempt to get some posts done today.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:24 pm
by Raiko
@Mallet, regarding dice rolls, we just went with the forum dice roller in the end.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 pm
by Mallet
Raiko wrote:@Mallet, regarding dice rolls, we just went with the forum dice roller in the end.
OK, so I will take note of my expenditure of Skills.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 am
by Raiko
Sorry, having a couple of real life issues getting I'm the way - nothing serious, but it stopped me posting.

Stay tuned, I promise that I'm still here. Too tired to post IC stuff tonight.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:20 am
by andyw666
All good. It's holidays, sunny and blue skies here in the southern hemisphere, the cricket and tennis are on, and there's any number of ways to while the day away. In short, I am too relaxed to be in a rush!

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 am
by Raiko
Real life stuff resolved - I'll get post again tomorrow. :)
andyw666 wrote:All good. It's holidays, sunny and blue skies here in the southern hemisphere, the cricket and tennis are on, and there's any number of ways to while the day away. In short, I am too relaxed to be in a rush!
It's a shame us Brits haven't offered any kind of opposition whatsoever in the cricket!

(or the men's tennis with Andy Murray pulling out)

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:50 pm
by Mallet
Just checking to see if this game is still going on ?

:)

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 am
by Raiko
Yes.

Sorry, I've been really busy and then quite ill and struggled to get online.

Promise I'm still here. Will resume posting asap.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:42 pm
by DrPeterson
You should get well first, mate.
Strength!

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:13 pm
by Raiko
Feeling much better recently thanks. :)

January turned out to be a wipe out due to various good and bad real life events keeping me offline.

I sincerely hope that February will be a more normal month.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:11 pm
by DrPeterson
Fingers crossed, mate!

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 am
by Raiko
After the last false re-start I regretfully think that I'll have to pull the plug on this game. Last time around some of the players were understandably reluctant to join back in, and then I went and spoiled things for replacement players by making a few posts and then vanishing again.

I really do want to run through Masks online, but unfortunately this game has now gotten to a stage where it takes a significant effort to get myself back up to speed with who's who again.

With the new edition just out - I'll be buying the pdf on Friday, which is my payday - would anyone be interested in joining a game using the new edition campaign and 7th Edition rules/characters? Possibly with a low-pulp level as well? Generally speaking 7th Edition fixes the (few) things that I disliked about previous CoC editions, and so while it's not prefect it is my favourite edition.

I'd run the whole campaign, including the new Peru prologue, and would of course give first shout of a spot to anyone from this game who'd like to give me a new chance.

Real life kept on kicking me in the teeth during this game, but I'm optimistic that life's going to be good going forward - certainly my wife is in a much better place these days, so fingers crossed things will stay good for me.

I hope that none of you are too angry, the last couple of years have been very difficult in real life, but I love play by post, especially for call of cthulhu and really want to run this amazing adventure.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:20 pm
by Mallet
Hello,

I would certainly be interested in playing with the 7e CoC Edition rules.

Amitiés,

Roger ("Mallet").

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:32 pm
by HelplessBystander
No worries! I'm in no position to criticise anyone on being slow on their games after my month-long absence from mine and keeping a lot of people frustrated. Hope you get the hang of things soon! :)

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Good luck with the new game! Fun with all the new stuff in the companion.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:51 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Wait, is there a new edition being released?

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm
by Raiko
Dave wrote:Wait, is there a new edition being released?
Yes. The 666 page pdf version came out last week, with the physical two book slipcase edition due out in September.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! I'd definitely be interested in playing the new edition of Masks! :D While I prefer 6th edition myself, I can still play 7th, though I'm not as familiar with it and don't have the rules. The new version of Masks sounds promising, and I'm especially looking forward to playing the new Peru prequel chapter.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm
by kabukiman
I'm interested too!

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:51 pm
by HelplessBystander
same!

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:13 pm
by Raiko
Excellent :mrgreen:

I'll have the pdf version of the new edition by this time tomorrow (and the hardback in September). I don't know a lot about the new Peru chapter, other than that it's an expedition and represents how the investigators come to know Jackson Elias.

So from the point of view of whether you'd like to re-use (pre-use?) your characters from this game, you'd need to be satisfied that they'd feel right for an archaeological expedition.

The new prologue takes place in 1921 I believe, so you'll all be 4 years older for chapter one.

More details in a day or two.

I'll try to get the new game running as soon as I've had chance to read the prologue a few times and skim the rest of the book - in the assumption that I'll have time to fully study the whole book by the time we finish the prologue.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 pm
by Mallet
Great !

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Awesome! 8-)

I definitely want to continue playing Amy Lawrence, and she'd be a good fit for the prologue considering her interest and skills in archaeology. I had been thinking of making her a few years younger for the prologue and then just making her age normal again when we get to 1925. Would an undergrad (a freshman, no less) be allowed on the expedition?

I'll also need some guidance on converting her to 7th edition. I know I can multiply her stats by 5, but I'm not sure how the skills would carry over, and the skill set isn't quite the same. Could I just transfer her skill levels to similar skills in 7th where they differ, or do I need to rebuild her with the correct amount of skill points? Some of the skills, such as Climb, have different base values. I'll probably have to roll Luck, as it's now separated from POW.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:26 pm
by Mallet
Keeper: What type of mix of professions would you recommend ?

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:33 am
by HelplessBystander
I’m thinking of a Jack-of-all-trades character who took 27 semesters in college, each one working towards a new major; who knows the basics of everything, can’t actually do JACK, but thinks he’s awesome because he’s a College Undergrad with a Diploma of General Studies. Basically: a fighter who can’t fight; a forensic scientist who can’t solve crimes; a doctor who can’t heal; a policeman that can’t shoot, etc.

What do you think?

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:19 pm
by Raiko
I've got the pdf version of the new Masks edition now. :)

Haven't actually had any time to read the Peru chapter yet, but will do tonight or tomorrow (it's my son's Birthday today, so might not get time).
Mr. Handy wrote:Awesome! 8-)

I definitely want to continue playing Amy Lawrence, and she'd be a good fit for the prologue considering her interest and skills in archaeology. I had been thinking of making her a few years younger for the prologue and then just making her age normal again when we get to 1925. Would an undergrad (a freshman, no less) be allowed on the expedition?

I'll also need some guidance on converting her to 7th edition. I know I can multiply her stats by 5, but I'm not sure how the skills would carry over, and the skill set isn't quite the same. Could I just transfer her skill levels to similar skills in 7th where they differ, or do I need to rebuild her with the correct amount of skill points? Some of the skills, such as Climb, have different base values. I'll probably have to roll Luck, as it's now separated from POW.
Yes, Amy would fit the expedition fine I'd imagine - BtMoM has several undergraduate expedition members, so that seems fine.

Anyone who is transferring their existing character to the new game can either reduce their age for the March 1921 prologue, or have an older character for the main 1925 adventure - totally up to you.

I'll get back to you about conversion.
Mallet wrote:Keeper: What type of mix of professions would you recommend ?

I'll get back about this in the next 24 hours - the usual Masks advice is obviously distorted a little this time by the new expedition based start.
HelplessBystander wrote:I’m thinking of a Jack-of-all-trades character who took 27 semesters in college, each one working towards a new major; who knows the basics of everything, can’t actually do JACK, but thinks he’s awesome because he’s a College Undergrad with a Diploma of General Studies. Basically: a fighter who can’t fight; a forensic scientist who can’t solve crimes; a doctor who can’t heal; a policeman that can’t shoot, etc.

What do you think?
Sounds fine, if that's what you want to play.

I'd suggest picking dilettante as a "career" for such an investigator. I cannot imagine that anyone could be a "waster" for a very long time at universities/colleges in that period without a wealthy family.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 am
by HelplessBystander
No worries...A dilettante is just what I have in mind.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:05 pm
by kabukiman
I'l keep the same char (an archaeologist), 5 years younger.
I'l need some help to the conversion too.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 am
by Raiko
OK:

I've started a new game forum

Depending whether any of the other players who were still active want to join in, I'll recruit any additional players we need to bring the number up to 6.

Then we'll get the 7th edition characters sorted out over the next few days.

Please post in the new forum from now on.

Once we actually begin play in the new game, throw this game into the graveyard. :(

Third time lucky! :D

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:32 am
by Raiko
I've moved this into the graveyard now.

Thanks to everyone who was involved with the game.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:53 am
by Mallet
Raiko wrote:I've moved this into the graveyard now.

Was involved, or is involved ?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 am
by Raiko
Mallet wrote:
Raiko wrote:I've moved this into the graveyard now.

Was involved, or is involved ?
Both?

I'm kind of past tense about this game that I've dropped into the graveyard/

And present / future tense about the new game.

I wanted to archive this one now to avoid any confusion, but I've linked back to this game from the character gen thread in the new game so everyone can find it easily if needed.