OOC - Chapter 1

The Big Apple - a booming city in the grip of a bitter winter and the excitement of an upcoming eclipse.
A close friend returns home a changed man; the fate of the world is now in his hands, but it may already be too late.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: OOC - Chapter 1

Post by Raiko »

I ended up going out for the evening with the family yesterday and didn't have time to do everything else that I wanted to do.

I'll catch up on your posts a little later and then post a reply. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll endeavor to post ever evening this week, if there's anything for me to reply to.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I wouldn't normally reply until everyone's had at least 24 hours to respond to my previous post, but in this case it seemed better to post immediately.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, it's good that you did, especially since I'll be away and probably unable to post from tomorrow afternoon through Sunday night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Sorry for the absence, gang. In the run-up to my leaving for Greece, this week proved to be a bit more intense than I'd anticipated.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll post again tomorrow. Been a little busy this week in the evenings - kids activities every day is a little too much! ;)

Since Mr Handy is away - and Amy has heard something inside the room - I thought I'd give everyone time to post and make sure I replied before Sunday.

@Royya, make a luck roll. If you succeed you find a staff member nearby, otherwise not.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I think that Mr Handy is due back, so hopefully he can post for Amy, and hopefully between my post and Royya's there's enough to give everyone something to say in the meantime anyway. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene looks great! I can easily see her becoming Amy's friend and mentor.

By the way, she should have 11 HP rather than 10. It's the average of CON and SIZ, rounded up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Terribly sorry, week from hell at work.

I didn't even realise how busy and tired I've been until I remembered that I needed to post yesterday and didn't have time.

I'll catch up and post replies tonight.

I don't expect to be quite as busy next week.
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Job »

Hello all. Mind if I join the party? :) Dayton needs some exercise.

I would surely love to take part in some fun, interactive fiction after my long time away.

Job.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Job wrote:Hello all. Mind if I join the party? :) Dayton needs some exercise.

I would surely love to take part in some fun, interactive fiction after my long time away.

Job.
Welcome back Job! :)

Yes, you are most welcome to join back in - I felt terribly bad kick off the adventure without you.

If you can manage to post an IC post in the next day or so that assumes you've been to the Coffee Pot with the rest of them then you can join in immediately.

This will also save me having to work out the best time to bring you back in later! ;)

---------------------------------------------------

@Mr Handy: Make a know roll, but it'll need to be spectacularly successful to reveal the exact answer.

@Andy: Make a STR resistance roll. This will use Tremayne and Anderson's combined STR. Unless you roll above 95% you will be able to bust the door open, but the degree of success / failure will determine how long it takes. TV detectives always get impale/critical success rolls and bash the door straight open! ;)

I'm going to have quite a busy week again, but I'll be good to post every evening. So we can hopefully get a move on. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Job! :)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Thanks Raiko and Mr. Handy!

It's good to be back, hearing from friends, and getting the creative juices flowing. I see that Royya is still around too! I'll have to reach out to Anatomist.

I look forward to getting into lots and lots of trouble in the coming months. 8-)

J.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! If you want to resume BtMOM, I can pull it out of the Graveyard for us.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Amy is fairly sure that the language being spoken is African in origin. It's certainly not any European language that she's ever heard.

I'll make the roll to kick the door myself when I'm home from work, to keep things moving.

Alternatively if anyone has access to the Dholes House site right now feel free to make a STR resistance roll for Tremayne and Anderson. Just post the link here.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:You're welcome! If you want to resume BtMOM, I can pull it out of the Graveyard for us.
Hi Mr. Handy,

Yes, I do intend to start BtMoM back up. I may take a couple of weeks before beginning in earnest, but it'll be nice to see it on the list again. I'll take a bit of time to settle in with Raiko's Masks game, and to re-read some of our threads, and to post a notice that we're starting back up.

I believe that our expedition is still struggling through a hurricane and investigating a bomb threat! The ice awaits us...

Thanks!
Job.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi, I cannot apologise enough, I'm not usually as unreliable as I've been during this game.

I normally have quite a relaxed schedule at work, and can write up posts during a lazy lunchhour, but work's been crazy for a few weeks now and I'm dead busy at home as well (that bit's normally true!).

I promise I'm not going to vanish again, and I will posting regularly. I've a day off work tomorrow, and I'll only be busy in the morning at home I think.
I also think that things should have calmed down more at work, but I'll only know for sure when I'm back in on Friday.

It's 2am and I'm too tired to write the next post right now, but I'll get it done tomorrow afternoon/evening - and then hopefully things will be calm enough at work that I can post regularly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Job wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:You're welcome! If you want to resume BtMOM, I can pull it out of the Graveyard for us.
Hi Mr. Handy,

Yes, I do intend to start BtMoM back up. I may take a couple of weeks before beginning in earnest, but it'll be nice to see it on the list again. I'll take a bit of time to settle in with Raiko's Masks game, and to re-read some of our threads, and to post a notice that we're starting back up.

I believe that our expedition is still struggling through a hurricane and investigating a bomb threat! The ice awaits us...

Thanks!
Job.
I'm looking forward to it! Just let me know when you're ready, and I'll bring it back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hey guys, although this must seem like deja-vu from last summer when I couldn't post, things are looking okay now.

I keep getting snowed under at work, but it's looking better than a couple of weeks ago, and after a ridiculously busy couple of weeks at home I've actually got nothing time consuming to do for a few weeks. I'm too tired tonight to write a creative post, so I've blatantly cut and pasted text from the equivalent post in my previous Masks game and then rewrote it to fit the current situation - sorry about that, but it at least gets us back in the game, rather than waiting another 24 hours for me to write a very similar post.

I've assumed that the door will break eventually, rather than risking further delay by making the roll. Please could you all do me a favour and confirm that you have successfully created a dholeshouse.org account for future dice rolls?

My reason for preferring to use DH for rolls is that the website is owned/run by Carnage Lee (as is this forum) and so it is only likely to go permanently offline if this forum does. I had a lot of problems with third party dice roller sites during previous games.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

I don't have dholeshouse account yet. I suppose I am waiting for a confirmation email for my account. If you are amenable, I would accept a Handgun roll (40%, +any bonus for the man being in my face) from anyone who wishes to roll for me until I get an account settled for myself.

Return to “Chapter 1 - New York, January 1925”