OOC - Chapter 1

The Big Apple - a booming city in the grip of a bitter winter and the excitement of an upcoming eclipse.
A close friend returns home a changed man; the fate of the world is now in his hands, but it may already be too late.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: OOC - Chapter 1

Post by Raiko »

The school holidays have finished, I've taken back my laptop from the kids in the evening, I'm not maxed out at work these days, and I'm determined not to totally lose contact again like at the end of the prologue.

Firstly long awaited answers to Mr Handy's questions:
Mr. Handy wrote:OOC,Are there any fire alarms that can be pulled in the hallway? Can we get to the stairs without having to go past the man with the machete? Also, is there blood on the machete?
Fire alarms in the hallway: No, sorry. I'm not sure whether fire alarms in hallways were a thing in the 20s, but the Hotel Chelsea was already an old building even then, so I'll say no.

Get to the stairs: You can get to the stairs that you came up without danger. If you mean where the second thug is climbing down, the thug is only visible to James, Tremayne and Anderson at the moment. He/she is literally climbing over the side of the balcony outside Jackson's room, and getting there would require passing by the thug with the machete.

Blood on the Machete: Yes, there is blood and bits of flesh on the Machete. Feel free to make a SAN check for poor Amy as she realises that it's probably Jackson's blood and flesh (San loss 0/1).

-----------------------

@CrackheadC: Your attack is indeed an impale, so you do 2d10+4 damage.

@Job: Your "tackle" is successful, so the thug is coming crashing to the ground right after the .45 slug hits him.

@Royya & Andy: If you want to make skill rolls for your attacks you can. Alternatively you may attempt something different if you wish - seeing as the thug is going to be wounded (perhaps dead) and knocked to the ground.

I'm worried that I'll always have extreme difficulty posting during the school holidays, but with a little luck I'll be okay to post regularly until mid December now, so hopefully progress will be made. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone,

Just another quick message to let you know that I've not totally abandoned this game. :oops:

It's been a difficult year for my family, and the next month is likely to be particularly difficult for my wife as the beginning of the month is the Birthday of our stillborn baby.

Having said that, things have generally gotten easier as the year has gone on, and my offline RPG activity at least is mostly back to normal now. I've given up the pathfinder/dnd 5e game that I was running (I truly suck at running tactical dnd games!). I'm now running BtMoM for my tabletop players (a continuation of my long dead forum game here, some of my tabletop players were involved), and I'm also about the begin Horror on the Orient Express with my older children.

So that brings me back here to Masks, which I dropped (again) at the most dreadful place (again).

I'd very much like to try and get this game moving, as I do love pbp gaming and was looking forward to this game. For the reasons mentioned above the next few weeks are likely to be both difficult and busy for me, but I do think that the worst is behind me now.

If there is still interest then I plan to resume posting on Boxing Day 26th December (I'll clear up any outstanding dice rolls during the week before Christmas). I know that not everyone will be able to post regularly during the holiday period, but I'll post as often as needed myself.

I plan to be on a different cell-network in the New Year, so I'll be able to post at lunchtime reliably for the first time in several years by setting up a hotspot for my laptop. My existing network has been useless at work sincve my department switched buildings (with hindsight that was the final nail in the coffin of my original Masks game).

If you're mostly fed up of my unreliability, then I understand, please let me know either way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! I definitely want to continue playing! 8-)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I am here
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

And my axe!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ta! Gerald is waiting as well.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

G'day Mate, I'm still around. PM me if you are able to kick off again just so I don't miss it. - Andy
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Still here matey - hope all is getting better at your end
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Thanks everyone . :)

Dave & Cearlan, I'll make sure that Gerald and Irene are ready to join the game immediately when we resume. I'll need a quick PM chat first in a week or so.

I'll email/pm those who haven't replied in the next couple of days, and I'll resolve any outstanding actions and queries once I've sorted out Gerald and Irene.

Still planning to start the game going again on the 25th. :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Stellar, Gary!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Whenever you are ready mate.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! I'm ready when you are too, and I should have more time then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I had family around for Boxing Day, so the restart is delayed, but should only be a day late.

Hope you're all having a nice Christmas / Yogtide.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

It's all over now. Winter storms and rains are over us. A washing of the souls for the new year :twisted:
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Happy New Year to everyone
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Cearlan wrote:Happy New Year to everyone
Happy New Year! :)

This game is still restarting by the way.

Sorry about the holdup.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

MX and a HNY to All!

I am still here and happy to restart whenever!!

Cheers,

Andy
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone, the school hols proved troublesome for restarting, so here I am a full month later than planned.

Anyway, life's happy at the moment and I should be able to post daily; fingers and tentacles crossed we'll have no delays for a while now. I've no planned absences from the forums in the near future, just let me know if you'll be unable to post for more than a couple of days. :)

I'll PM everyone with a heads-up, and then I've got another PM written to fetch Dave and Cearlan's characters straight into the game.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

*Pushes the thumbs up button and tweets about it*
Oh, wrong board.

Great to be rolling again!!!
TVblog

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

I promise to post tomorrow! - Andy

Return to “Chapter 1 - New York, January 1925”