Kitchen

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Kitchen

Post by Laraqua »

There's a lovely big iron range to one side, and a large fridge door to the other side, and a central table covered in vegetables ready for chopping. There's even a chopping board to one side, with a knife, as though it were in mid-use before the kitchen staff were called away. A pair of blue-and-white striped aprons hang from hooks to one side of the door with a little pocket in the middle of each one. There's a big steel door to a walk-in freezer that has some symbols drawn on it in dark colours, as though by a soot-stained finger. Naturally there's a stack of leaflets from the Ministry of Food endorsing healthy, if a little tasteless, alternatives which use more home-grown vegetables rather than imported varieties. The posters on the walls and free cupboard space would also do the Ministry of Food proud. There are also rat traps here and there.

One of the rat traps has caught a rat but it hasn't quite killed it yet.
Evidence Collection,The corner of one of the posters have charcoal stains upon them left by fingerprints. One of them has obviously been touched more often than the others.
Occult,These markings don't signify anything of great occult significance. There's the alchemy symbol for Earth, the hermetic symbol for Incense, and the alchemy symbol for fire.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Kitchen

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Knives," whispers Kate, looking around. "We all need knives. I've got my scalpel, but you two could use some. There's one on the chopping board, but there've got to be others. Maybe everyone left when they heard the air raid siren."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked about trying to find some type of knife that would be comfortable for him to have and use if necessary. Artemis looked over and saw the rat struggling in the trap. He looked back at the knives deciding on a larger carving knife.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan stares for a few seconds at the trapped rat, feeling some sympathy. After all, he thinks, we share a common problem: trapped, without even knowing why, and pointlessly struggling. He smiles bitterly before looking for a knife.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"We could find something to let that thing loose, need to stay away from it," Arty whispered as he nodded towards where the trapped rat was at. "DO you see a broom or mop we could use the handle of to open that trap?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a dustpan and broom over in the corner, and certainly a goodly array of knives here one could choose from.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Since there are enough knives for everyone, Kate helps herself to one of them. That way, her scalpel can remain sterile in case she needs to do some impromptu surgery. "Should we check out the freezer?" she asks. "What do you suppose those symbols mean?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

When he looked about he saw the broom and dust pan. He rolled his eyes, and then walked over to the broom. He lifted and spun it about to where the tip of the handle was aimed at the rat and the trap. He took a moment and then moved it to where he could lever the trap upwards to let the struggling rat run from the trap.

"OK, run as fast as you can rat, you might be the only one who can find a way out of this trip." Arty chuckled as he said it.
Spoiler:
do you need me to make a roll? Not sure what would make sense to roll against?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The rat struggles free, half tumbles, rights itself and heads through a gap behind the dish cupboard.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright, so we check the cooler? Or do we try to find another way out of this place? " Arty picked up one of the large cleavers and slipped it into his jacket's pocket. He looked about and tried to get a sense where things were located in this room in relationship to the building as a whole.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we'd better take a look inside," says Kate. "We must leave no stone unturned."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis nodded at his colleagues and then turned to the walk in freezer. He looked at the symbols and traced his finger over them from a distance. "Hmm, Fire...Earth and Incense - why would you mark the door with these symbols. Fire burns incense, but how do those relate to Earth, the planet not dirt? They don't seem to be wards... Do either of you see something we could use for a fire, just in case?"

He dropped his hand to the metal latch that held the door in place. Then switched hands to let his left hand pull the latch while he held his walking stick at the ready. Then he pulled the latch upwards and slowly opened the door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate looks around. "Do either of you gentlemen smoke?" asks Kate. "Matches or a lighter would do in a pinch, and the cigarettes themselves could substitute for incense."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Arty shook his head no. "Love the smell of a good pipe tobacco, but no, not a singer."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The walk-in freezer holds empty shelves and a person, dressed in the clothes of a ladies maid, huddled in the corner and quite obviously dead. Her arms are frozen around her knees, as though she had sought to keep herself warm in the cold and the darkness. She has a letter bunched in her icy frozen fingers. There's a stand in front of her but nothing rests upon it.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, the poor dear!" gasps Kate, lowering her eyes. "I suppose we'd better retrieve the letter and read it. We don't all have to go in, though. Two of us can stay outside and make sure the door stays open."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked in shock as he saw the huddled, frozen gray and blue form in the back of the freezer unit. His beam and the light from the kitchen illuminated the frost and ice covered fingers. He looked at Kate and nodded. "Agreed, you hold the door, I can go in and get the letter. "

He leaned his walking stick into the space created between the door and the jam, just in case and took his steps with some care as he walked to the back of the freezer. He tried to see if he could tell more about the woman, and then he carefully worked the paper out of her fingers taking time to not pull too quickly to avoid tearing it. When he got the paper free, he looked down, whispered "Peace be with you, miss. We'll let the authorities know you are here. Rest now."

He turned and walked back. He pushed the door slightly and pulled out his walking stick and stepped back into the light of the kitchen.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate makes sure the freezer door stays open while Artemis is inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan shakes his head after seeing the body, then walks away and places himself near the entrance, ready to spot any possible trouble before it hits them.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The letter is cold to the touch and slightly frozen together, as though frozen tears may have melded a few pages. It may be better to let it slowly warm up with body heat before you read it.
Architecture at no cost or Evidence Collection 1-pt,the room is smaller than it should be -- especially on the side with the cupboard that the rat disappeared behind.

Return to “The Railway Station”