The Shed

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: The Shed

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers," says Kate. She climbs up the first four rungs and hands the electric torch up to Charlie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie reaches down to take the torch with one hand while keeping the ladder steady with the other, "Thanks love." he say while tucking the torch into his armpit, then placing his hand back on the ladder. "Now you best get down, I'll be over and back in a tick."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," says Kate, climbing back down to the bottom.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie shifts around and turns on the flashlight to finally get a good look at the shed's roof.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

The roof is pitted with holes and patches of rust and it's several feet of crawling before he would be far enough up the pitched roof to see what's on the other side.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"If I fall through the roof tell them I was doing something far more heroic than this." Charlie jokes to ease his nerves as he begins to crawl up the roof of the shed, using his elbows in a poor imitation of an army crawl.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charlie only,The corrugated iron creaks under his weight, sometimes slipping slightly or rattling against their fastenings, and in one case even outright bowing in under his weight, but eventually he makes it up to the top of the pitched roof and places his hand into something cold, wet and coagulating as he reaches the top. The light of his torch plays across the devastation that covers the other side. Matted hair like a hunk of rug reminiscent of one of the hotel room carpets lays too one side, hunks of skin clinging to wet meat are splayed among ropy intestine and opened bowels. The stink of it ... acrid and heavy with iron, underlaid with the stink of shit, twitches at his nostrils. It's a hideous and stability shaking sight. The fabric, too, drenched in blood, could only belong to one thing. A sun dress with a yellow pattern still visible here and there through strands of flesh and splatters of blood. This ruined flesh used to belong to a human being, a woman who wore a yellow sun dress and now is no more.
Stability Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't worry," says Kate, "you won't die if you fall through the roof. I'd just go back in the shed and patch you up if that happens,"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

The shed creaks and groans under Charlie's weight as he chuckles, "Heh, guess you're right." The creaking stops and after about five seconds Charlie quietly asserts "It's... not Miss Aston... I'm coming back down." And with that he begins crawling back to the ladder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank God," says Kate, holding the ladder for Charlie. "But if it's not her, who is it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Um, a woman, I think... wearing a yellow dress." After climbing down Charlie passes the flashlight back before crossing his arms, trying to warm up his freezing hands. "Whoever she was there's nothing we can do now, let's go see if we can get that door open."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," says Kate again. With the torch in one hand and the bolt cutters in the other, she leads the way back to the chained doors. She nervously glances at whatever is moving under the abandoned coat as she passes it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The shed smells of wood chips, lantern oil, straw and old death and the shadows loom menacingly as she moves her flashlight through the depths of the room, playing it over the pile of extra sleepers, rusty old fence railing, tools hanging from the walls and the heap of replacement parts strewn across the wooden tool bench to one side. It then stops to linger over the noose slung over the central beam and attached to one of the wall struts to give it the necessary tension. It creaks as it moves slowly this way and that. Something drips from the rafters further down the shed.
Investigating the dripping,reveals it to be blood. If you touch it, you'll find that it's still warm. What could be on the roof?
Searching through the tools with Mechanical Repair or Crafts knowledge,locates a bolt cutter that has suspicious reddish brown stains along its edges. One thing's for sure, it's not rust.
Evidence Collection Knowledge,notices the fingers of a hand poking out from between some of the railway sleepers piled up by the wall. The fingers look cold and … dead.
Photography Knowledge,gives you the eerie sensation that you really should take a picture of this place. Such a thought worms into your mind and will continue to distract you now and again with the thought of how beautiful this place would look when captured on film.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The shed smells of wood chips, lantern oil, straw and old death and the shadows loom menacingly as she moves her flashlight through the depths of the room, playing it over the pile of extra sleepers, rusty old fence railing, tools hanging from the walls and the heap of replacement parts strewn across the wooden tool bench to one side. It then stops to linger over the noose slung over the central beam and attached to one of the wall struts to give it the necessary tension. It creaks as it moves slowly this way and that. Something drips from the rafters further down the shed.
Investigating the dripping,reveals it to be blood. If you touch it, you'll find that it's still warm. What could be on the roof?
Evidence Collection Knowledge,notices the fingers of a hand poking out from between some of the railway sleepers piled up by the wall. The fingers look cold and … dead.
Photography Knowledge,gives you the eerie sensation that you really should take a picture of this place. Such a thought worms into your mind and will continue to distract you now and again with the thought of how beautiful this place would look when captured on film.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

He walked into the shed and pulled out his torch from his jacket pocket. He flipped it on and swung the beam across the shed. The light glinted off of the tools on the wall and Arty made his way over to those looking for something that would cut the boot between the train cars.

DRIP

He looked over the tools. There were hammers and awls. But where was something that would actually cut something? He asked himself.

DRIP

The light shined about and he thought he glimpsed a few saws. He turned the beam to see better and he heard it again.

DRIP

"What is that sound?" Arty turned his torch to where the sound was coming from, a constant, noticeable drip. He walked with his cane hitting out a tempo again towards the back of the building. His light caught a puddle on the floor and that rippled with another drip. He shone the torch at the puddle and then back up at the ceiling. Then back at the puddle which was a thick reddish black.

"Why is there blood dripping from the roof?" Arty asked back over his shoulder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate follows him inside. "There's a dead body on the roof," she says. "Mr. Hagan went up to look when we were last here. It's a woman, but not Miss Aston." She searches for a saw.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"How does a dead woman get on the roof of a train shed? I mean how does a woman get on top of the shed and die, or die and get on top of the shed?" Arty's face twitched and he shook his head. He looked for a saw.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know," says Kate with a shrug. "I'm not so sure I want to, either."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan leans on a wall as he feels nauseous: "A body on the roof... and a body in here, too", he vaguely points towards a bunch of railway sleepers piled against a wall. Under them, a dead hand pokes out, while the rest of the body stays hidden. "Let's hurry up and get out of here, please".
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

'Wait, what did you say Jonathan?" Arty scowled as he swished his light about and it caught the fingers curled of a hand sticking out of the metal rails that were stacked up. "What by the Bull happened in this place? WE need to find something that we can use to saw intot hat boot, get our colleagues, and get the hell out of this place."

Arty twitched as he turned his head back away from the revealed hand and looked for tools that would work for their needs.

Return to “The Railway Station”