Upstairs Hotel Room #3

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Upstairs Hotel Room #3

Post by Laraqua »

This room is empty. Utterly empty. But for some sort of light flickering in the window in some shred of the black cloth ... or is it that there is something actually glowing? The floor is thick with dust, enough to provoke a cough or a sneeze as she walks inside and kicks it up beneath her feet. The air in here also smells like moth balls and something else. Something like a hint of decay, yet not ripe and rich. Old decay. Like old wormy books slowly rotting in the back of an attic. There's stains on the floor from where the bed should have been, and the furniture, too. It's odd that she can see them there. Perhaps that glow is somehow brightening the room enough to make her way through. Perhaps....

The door slams shut behind her and locks with a click.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #3

Post by jimjam »

As the door clicks shut, Ilona gives a small suprised yelp. "Countess?" She calls out behind her "I think the door..."
She trails off and moves towards the glow.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The glow is a necklace of diamond, sparkling with light. If it truly is what it appears to be, it would be worth several thousand pounds. Perhaps it is mere crystal or paste? How could one possibly know? The necklace seems pinned to the black fabric and yet ... yet there are no signs of pins.
Art History or Geology Knowledge,These are truly diamonds set with white gold. An astonishing find.... There is no reason why they should reflect the light, however, considering there is no light in this room.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"My goodness! Why, they're real!" Ilona picks up the necklace to inspect it closer.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The necklace feels warm, very warm, as though they had recently been worn. The diamonds are such a lovely pattern. So beautiful. As she holds it and looks it over, she becomes certain that people have killed for these diamonds. Their beauty could raise terrible thoughts in others. Their loveliness. Their value. Art History 1-pt Spend available.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Will spend the point

Ilona spends a while admiring the piece of jewelry. Maybe this is what the cult were after? Perhaps if she handed it over they would all be allowed to leave? Or maybe they'd kill her anyway. Is there a way too hide it? Not likely, it reflects light far too easily, someone would see it...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A theft from the British Museum about a decade ago. Two centuries before that, an impoverished countess brutally murdered by her heirs who wished to sell the piece to re-finance their lives. Blood all over the precious diamonds. A museum piece, never displayed. Too ghoulish. Gives people the wrong impression about the nobility. Worth so very, very much. Why would it be in here? Why on display? Pinned without pins to the black out curtain as though it were already within a museum? Something about it is so lovely, however, it's near impossible to not hold it up to the neck. Near impossible not to smell a sweet perfume. Near impossible not to feel a tremble of delight as a handsome man brushes the hair back from her temple as the music plays in the background. Oh, how the urge to dance thrums through her veins! Perhaps if she were to dance to the barely heard notes she would feel so very much better....

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

She couldn't help it. The necklace was far too pretty. Everyone's a little to preoccupied right now, no one would come barging in on her. Well, maybe the countess, but the wind shut the door and the countess hasn't opened it yet. Was would be the harm in trying it on? She'd never have the chance again!
She puts on the necklace and starts to sway to the music she's imagining.
She is just imagining it right? She must have this song stuck in her head from listening to the radio. Yes, that's it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gloomy Sunday - Background Music

As she spins and dances, the room around her seems to shift and shudder. There is the rocking of wheels beneath her that sends vibrations up through her feet. There is the clink of glassware and music of conversation, and the pianist playing an eerie tune nearby. The diamonds are so warm upon her throat, they make her feel like she could sing, truly sing. And there is a gentleman, ravishingly handsome, who watches her as she begins to wave and allow the words to spill out. Around her is a sophisticated carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end. She knows him, and he gives her a little wave of greeting as her gaze alights upon him, though she can't see his face. It's all scratched out, like someone's been at a photograph with a nail, but when he moves the scratchings go with him. The air is warm, perfumed, and tinged with cigar smoke. That man, the handsome man, is at the bar and at the piano, but that's all right. That seems normal. This is just a dream, after all. Just a dream, and she is singing.

Now your song is finished and you look around you see there is but one gentleman in the Smoking Car who is speaking in German in hushed tones to the bartender. It's that handsome man...

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona approaches the handsome man, she's more confident than usual.
"Oh, excuse me... Hi there." She smiles. "I don't think you were here before. Or maybe I wasn't here before. You know, it's not very often I know I'm in a dream when I'm dreaming so this is all quite bizarre. I think I didn't fix that gas mask on properly and I'm getting taken care of by Miss Lacey as we speak. So where is this place we're supposed to be in any how? "
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You always say the darndest things," he says, giving her a wry look. "The darndest things indeed. Look, that was a pretty little number but ... why don't you scoot in here?" He gestures to the booth beside him as now he's on one of the couches and she's standing by the table. "I have you a cocktail here and everything. Taste it, sweetie." He gives a more urgent and meaningful look. "C'mon, take a seat."

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"Oh... You really want me to sit with you?"she goggles as she takes a seat in the booth. "Well I don't see the harm."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He gives her a smile that's all charm, then lays a hand protectively on her forearm. "You need to draw less attention to yourself. You don't want to have them kill you already, do you? There's so much more you can do first."

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Her smile fades to disappointment and she sighs quietly and ducks her head a little. "Well I suppose it won't be much of a good dream then." She mumbles as she looks around, trying to spy the people that might kill her before they spy her. "So uh... what are we doing here?" She whispers to him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Whatever you want," he says sweetly, nuzzling her ear. "It's your dream." He turns his gaze on the rest of the room, which is now teeming with life. Dark silhouettes move around the room, and though there is the chink of glassware and the burble of voices, the silhouettes move in a creepy staccato which is deeply unsettling. He, on the other hand, feels real and warm and comforting and none of the silhouettes draw near to him.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

She grabs his arm tightly, the silhouettes aren't coming near him so is best she stay close. "I know it's silly, but I'm scared. This isn't right... Who is going to kill me if they notice me? And why would they do that? Why are you helping me? Who are you?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He looks shocked and the expression seems genuine. He seems genuine. Genuinely solid, genuinely real. "You know me. I'm the one person you can't forget. You said so yourself when you came here." Now it's his turn to look confused as he looks over at the press of silhouettes. "Didn't you? And the one who wishes you dead ... this person is not like Them though this person can call on Them for assistance. Is this not what you were seeking?"

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"I-I'm seeking the person that's trying to kill me?" She whispers. "I'm sorry, I don't know who you are, or where we are. Wait, who am I supposed to be? I don't understand what's going on..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Why're you trembling, sunshine?" he asks. "You're here with me and have you seen such finery! A real bona fide grand piano in a train car. Who woulda thought we'd ever see the day when we'd be allowed in a place like this? Relax, sweetie, and enjoy the ride. Perhaps the cocktail will help?"

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"I suppose you're right." She laughs nervously. "I don't know what I'm so worried about. It's not like anything bad can really happen. .." She takes a sip of her martini and looks around the car, still trying to spot her possible attacker.

Return to “The Railway Station”