Upstairs Hotel Room #1

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #1

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked at her bewildered, but pressed with her to get out of the room. "Countess, we need to get you outside with all of the others. There are some really strange things we have discovered, and it would be best to talk as a group outside." He paused at the door to let her go by him out into the corridor."Frank, let's get the Countess down the rope and out of the building. I think she could use the night air."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Glass shatters below their feet. Did that come from the main room or the restaurant?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Ejstricker »

"Where did that come from?" The Countess looks surprised as she went down first.
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

"Everything okay in here?", Frank asked after poking his head into the room.
"Any objections to us leaving sooner than later?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, let's get her down and out of the room. What ever was down stairs, we need to be worried about...unless it was the Station Master or whatever he is? Artemis waited for the Countess to leave the room.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess brushes past Frank into the corridor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This room is strangely clean and tidy compared to the devastation in the last one. Neat quilt laid out over the narrow double bed. No radiator, though, so it looks like if you booked into this room you'd be plum out of luck. It's quite cold in here, too. The Ministry of Fuel would be happier with the state of affairs in this room, at least. There is a lamp on the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are neatly closed, a wardrobe facing the bed and a fuzzy brown rug on the floor that feels odd to walk on. Very soft, though, in it's own way. Though for those with bare feet the oddness of it is a little hard to ignore. The fibres are so long they sort of dangle over the foot, running up underneath the arch. Luckily there's stockings to protect the foot but the base seems rather squishy which is most nauseating. The air in here also smells like moth balls. Clearly they haven't been taking down the black out curtains and airing the room out in awhile.

Enter the corridor.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess stands quietly in the corner of the room, facing the wall and swaying slightly. She seems to be whispering to herself.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, are you in here?" Artemis asked and stepped into the room with a level of frustration showing. He kept his hand on the door and looked about. When he saw the Countess standing in the corner whispering to herself, he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Countess, Countess, come on we need to get you out of this building and we need to do so quickly. There is something loose down below." He waited for a response from the woman.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

She doesn't respond, just continues to sway and ... is she whispering? Humming? It's hard to be sure.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked through the door, through the room and next to the Countess. "Countess, Countess, Come on." He takes a hold of her shoulder and tried to pull gently on her clothing to get her attention. "Countess, we need to go, NOW!"
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

Countess Bathory whispers dance around his ears as he approaches. "...can't see through it ... can you see that? ... crumbling underfoot ... what is that?" Then he places a hand on her shoulder and she whirls around on him as he begins to speak, screeching, red lips pulled back over a flash of white teeth. Metal glints in her right hand as she shoves his chest, shoves *into* his chest, something sharp that leaves hot pain behind.

[dice]0[/dice] attack
[dice]1[/dice] damage
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis screamed and staggered backwards two steps. "Bloody Hell what are you about?" Artemis held his walking stick at the ready. "Countess, you slashed me and more importantly my suit! HELP! "
Spoiler:
Artemis would make an effort to rap his walking stick across her hand if possible. [dice]0[/dice] damage - walking stick like a fireplace poker? [dice]1[/dice] as he is trying not to really harm her
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

OOC:   Well I did an addition about the counter attack to my post last night...realize that didn't trigger a new update...sorry about that  
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

Countess Bathory snarls and snatches her hand away and out of reach of the cane, before shuffling back to face the corner of the room.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, we need you to leave this room now!" Artemis back up and away from the woman with his walking stick at the ready. He glanced down at the slash in his clothing and could see a thin line of blood, but the wound was just that a slash of the skin. Behind him, Kate's voice could be heard from out in the corridor.

"In here Ms. Kate, and I think the Countess isn't herself. Careful as you enter." Artemis yells over his should making sure he could still see what the Countess was doing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate cautiously steps into the room, keeping her distance from the Countess and looking carefully at her surroundings, trying to figure out what is going on in here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Ms. Kate, careful, she has a blade, and lashed out at me, but I don't think she knew what she was doing." Artemis walked a bit closer towards the Countess. With a quick rap of his walking stick's metal tip, he whipped it to where it made a loud knock on the wall and brought it back to a defensive ready position. "Countess, you need to look over here...Ms. Kate has joined us and can help get you out of this place."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Your Ladyship, I'm here to help you," says Kate, keeping her tone calm and soothing. "I know you're afraid. I'm afraid. But we can all get out of this in one piece. We're all on the same side, and we mustn't fight each other. I have a plan. Please, come with me."
OOC,Can I use Reassurance or Psychoanalysis to help her?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,Psychoanalysis would be fine. You need to roll for that one, though.

Return to “The Railway Station”