Upstairs Hotel Room #1

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Upstairs Hotel Room #1

Post by Laraqua »

This room is strangely clean and tidy compared to the devastation in the last one. Neat quilt laid out over the narrow double bed. No radiator, though, so it looks like if you booked into this room you'd be plum out of luck. It's quite cold in here, too. The Ministry of Fuel would be happier with the state of affairs in this room, at least. There is a lamp on the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are neatly closed, a wardrobe facing the bed and a fuzzy brown rug on the floor that feels odd to walk on. Very soft, though, in it's own way. Though for those with bare feet the oddness of it is a little hard to ignore. The fibres are so long they sort of dangle over the foot, running up underneath the arch. Luckily there's stockings to protect the foot but the base seems rather squishy which is most nauseating. The air in here also smells like moth balls. Clearly they haven't been taking down the black out curtains and airing the room out in awhile.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #1

Post by jimjam »

Ilona wanders into the room and quickly looks around.
"Doesn't look like there's anything in here." She calls out to those in the corridor. She opens the door to the wardrobe, not expecting to find anything.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's something painted on the walls of the wardrobe but it's too dark to make out any details. Some sort of symbol, maybe? Or a painting?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by jimjam »

"Huh..." she shuts the wardrobe door and walks back into the corridor.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis peered into the room as he moved the stream of light from the flashlight across the room. His jaw set as he found a room in much better condition than the other and no graffiti to be found.
"Do you see anything interesting?"
He turned his head back to the Countess and shook it back and forth.

"It actually seems to be a nice room, but I don't see any grafiti on the walls at all. Are you sure it was in this room she saw that?" Artemis turned back to the room and stepped into it moving the flash light's beam about the room trying to find some sign of the alleged graffiti.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The carpet is far more of a draw to the light as the long fibres look far more like long brown hair, about a few inches long, which carpets the floor from wall to wall. The edges of the carpet are a bit off, though, and there are patches of dust here and there where furniture once stood. The only particularly interesting furniture in the room is the black out curtain, bedside cabinet and the wardrobe.

Ejstricker
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess stands quietly by the closed door, watching him eerily from the corner of the room.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis continued to look about the room with the flashlight and kept glancing at the carpet. "Countess, I have never seen this type of carpet before, is such a fur rug common here in England?"

He looked over the bed and the quilt on it. The he approached the wardrobe. He shifted the flashlight to his left hand as he leaned his w alking stick against his leg and keeping it in place by balancing his left hand and the flashlight on top of it. With his right hand, he pulled open the right half of the wardrobe to see what was inside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The wardrobe is empty but for a single wire hanger, though there is something written in ink on the back wall. Written in a spiral over and over are the words he is calling he is calling I hear him over and over again with the words going from a normal size until they are quite tiny seemingly spiraling in forever upon the wood. To see it is to find one's mind hooked, the words pulsating through the mind as the eye tries to trace the words away to infinity.

Stability Test - [dice]0[/dice]

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Artemis' stability remains intact and he can pull his gaze free of that ensnaring piece of work.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis feels his stomach tighten as his mind takes in the words and realizes that they just keep repeating themselves. His shoulders tensed and his throat tightened as he read through the swirling, scrawling spiral testimony within the wardrobe. He shook his head, closed the door, and turned back to the Countess. He shifted the flashlight from his left hand to his right, and restored his walking stick to his left hand. It's silver knob brought a sense of comfort as he righted his stance. He shook his head.

"Why would someone write over and over and over he is calling he is calling I hear him? Truly Countess, I am wondering if maybe this train station served as the local sanitarium rather than a station? What is the reputation of this place in the village I wonder?"

Artemis took a few steps towards the door making his intent to leave clear.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess simply watches him, mournfully.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

When Artemis leaves, only the countess remains, standing quietly in the dark.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This room is strangely clean and tidy compared to the devastation in the last one. Neat quilt laid out over the narrow double bed. No radiator, though, so it looks like if you booked into this room you'd be plum out of luck. It's quite cold in here, too. The Ministry of Fuel would be happier with the state of affairs in this room, at least. There is a lamp on the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are neatly closed, a wardrobe facing the bed and a fuzzy brown rug on the floor that feels odd to walk on. Very soft, though, in it's own way. Though for those with bare feet the oddness of it is a little hard to ignore. The fibres are so long they sort of dangle over the foot, running up underneath the arch. Luckily there's stockings to protect the foot but the base seems rather squishy which is most nauseating. The air in here also smells like moth balls. Clearly they haven't been taking down the black out curtains and airing the room out in awhile.

The countess stands in the corner of the room, staring at some point on the wall. She sways slightly but is otherwise perfectly still and doesn't react to either man entering the room.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis leaned his head back in disbelief. She is still here, why didn't she answer our calling for her, he thought to himself. He stepped into the room and focused his light on where she was standing.

"Countess, Countess, didn't you hear us calling for you?" Artemis spoke with a tone of disbelief that the woman was still in the room after all of this time. "Countess, we have a group outside, we need you to come and join that group. Countess??"
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess continues to stand and stare into the corner of the room. She doesn't appear to have heard him.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, I have found the Countess, could you come here and watch the hall? She's acting as if she cannot hear me," Artemis yelled over his shoulder back at the corridor to Frank. He walked into the room and swinging the flashlight about as he did so.

"Countess, we need to leave the room Countess. The others are heading outside, and we need to join them. " He spoke with both the authority of a war veteran. When he got near her, he tapped the wall with his walking stick, and said, "Countess, I need you to hear me and we need to leave this room. Do you understand me?"
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

Countess Katherine looked out in space not hearing the man trying to speak to her. It was like she was frozen in a strange daze.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis sighed worriedly, the Countess was a bit withdrawn earlier, but not this out of tune to what was going on. He recalled that the room was much more "normal" than the other he had been in. He shifted and tucked his flashlight beneath his left arm pit, and used the walking stick to steady himself as he reached out and tapped the woman on the shoulder. "Countess, I need you to come with me out into the corridor."

He waited for her response, and in those brief moments he formulated a series of alternatives to what he may need to do if there wasn't any response.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

There was a tap on her shoulder which brought her out of whatever she was in and buried her face in the man's shoulder. The Countess was frightened and sad but she didn't know why. "G-get me out of this room." The Countess' voice wavered and walked out with him by her side into the corridor. "What has been going on? I don't seem to have remembered."

Return to “The Railway Station”