Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Laraqua »

Jonathon shouts back from the platform below, "That man is NOT the station master. Artemis, can you year me? He's not the station master! Get out of that building!"

This room is lit only by a flashlight which lays discarded by the narrow double bed -- its feeble beam revealing its low level of batteries. Though it would doubtless aggravate those from the Ministry of Fuel, the tick-tick-ticking of the radiator shows that it is currently on in a room which is now cold due to the opened window. There is a lamp lying on the floor by the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are currently opened, a wardrobe facing the bed which has its doors open and is bulging with clothes with a stack of three hatboxes to one side, and the floor is covered in crinkly paper. The black out frame has been removed from the window and all of the glass within it has shattered leaving only a few small pieces caught within the frame. The quilt has been tossed to the floor and the sheets pulled off the bed, revealing a suspicious stain. Those sheets have since been tied together into a rope that dangles out the window, anchored to the bed.
Looking at the shredded paper,reveals that they have been pulled out of a Bible that would typically have been kept in the bedside cabinet.
Looking over the clothing,some of the clothes are hanging a bit out of the bedside cabinet, including a scandalous variety of different underpants, male, female, attractive, plain, cotton and silk. The clothing within the cabinet and the wardrobe appears to be both male and female, rich and poor, height of fashion and terribly frumpy, and everything in between.
Forensics at the window,reveals that the window was broken from the inside. 1-pt spend available.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, we need to get Kate and Charlie up here and out the window. Jonathan says that that man isn't the Station Master." Artemis turned back to the door looking at Frank. "The rope should hold and make the climb easier. Once outdoors, we can walk back into town and get the Constable to come and get into this place."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A female voice calls out from downstairs.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, what was that?" Artemis turned towards the door and slipped about Frank as he made his way back into the corridor. When he got back out the corridor, he paused seeing Charlie.

"Charlie, who was that? What's going on out here? We need to get everyone out the window."
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie enters and, after taking a moment to assess the room, bundles up a bit of the quilt to slide it under the improvised rope and over the bottom of the window frame. While doing so he sticks his head through the frame to peer outside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no one outside in the platform, or at least no one visible. The fog is thick and cold and he can only just barely make out the sight of a bundle of luggage sitting upon the corner of the platform.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie calls out, "Miss Aston? Lady Bathory? Um... Gentleman who's name I have yet to discover? Are you all down there?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate enters the room and looks around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no response to Charlie's words.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate cannot resist inspecting the torn scraps of paper and the clothing before turning her attention to the window. Looking outside and below, she carefully removes the pieces of glass that remain in the frame so as not to risk injuring herself when she climbs out of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Ah, Miss Lacey, allow me to assist you," Charlie says, offering a hand to steady her as she climbs through. "I'm not sure where the others are, presumably they've all made it down already."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Artemis out in the hall, "Charile, help Ms. Kate out the window, we are coming up to talk about what the three of us should do next. Folks, where is everyone? Charlie? Ms. Kate?"

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"We're up here," Charlie calls back, "I haven't seen the other three."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Hearing Charlie's call, Artemis walked into the room. His face showed his relief that the two of them were still in the building and safe. "Let's get Ms. Kate down there first, I am assuming that Jonathan and the others are still out there to help stabilize the rope if necessary? Charlie, then when we get her down, we can come up with a plan on what the three of us are going to do?"
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

"I am going to stay by the doorway and cover the hall unless you need me", he says to the group in the room then takes up position at the side of the door where he can keep an eye on the hall.

"Where is the Countess? And who is left in the building?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Mr. Hagan," says Kate with a smile, accepting his hand. She swings her leg over the windowsill and takes hold of the makeshift rope with her free hand, tugging on it to test its strength. "I heard there was a lock on those chains. Can any of you gentlemen pick a lock? I've got a hairpin you can borrow. Once we get those doors open, it will speed up getting out of the building and allow us to get the Station Master - or whoever he is - outside." She pulls her other leg out of the window and begins her descent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kate has no trouble climbing down the rope.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright gents, now that she is out, I think we have a couple of options." Artemis turned from the window and spoke to both Frank and Charlie. "I think we can continue to explore this place andn try to figure out where the Countess went, and while I am worried no one has seen her, I also feel I have had enough of this place. " He shivered at the thought of going through more rooms of the Station. "Or, we all work our way down the rope and join the others on the platform. Then we figure out how we get the building opened up and that guy down there out. What's your thoughts Charlie? Frank?"
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"I can go down with Miss Lacey and see if I can open up the place while you look for Lady Bathory." Jovially he adds, "I'm sure we'd all appreciate getting our luggage without having to throw our bags out the window."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"I think when you get down, there is probably a way to break one of the first floor windows that we can use to climb back into the build, if the chains can't come off the doors. Head on down, and we'll see you shortly." Artemis turned back to the door to check on Frank. He poked his head out into the corridor and shouted, "Countess, if you are still up here, we need to get you outside? Countess?"

Return to “The Railway Station”