Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Ritterton »

"Part of me feels you all should get out first, but without knowing what is below, I feel I should probably go down first." Artemis sighed and shook his head in uncertainty. "I also am a bit worried about where Mr. Durant and his gun have gotten too."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, you go first," says Kate. "Countess, would you like to go next, or shall I?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked over to the window where Ms. Kate was at and looked out into the darkness. He listened to see if he could hear anything unsual and began his effort to work on to the window ledge holding the rope made of sheets.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Artemis,only the soft slow slap-slap-slap of bare feet against the concrete below.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Thoughts on what that might be Miss Kate?" Artemis turned his head back over his shoulder and whispered to Miss Kate.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What what might be?" Kate whispers back, confused.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"It sounds like footprints, but as if they weren't wearing shoes - it's faint though," Artemis held out his walking stick to Ms. Kate for her to take before he descended the rope.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Be careful," whispers Kate, holding the walking stick for him. "Once you're down, I'll haul the rope up, tie the stick to it, and lower it to you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He can feel the fabric bite into the palms of his hands as he climbs down, the weight of his body pulling at his forearms, though being able to brace his feet against the wall does help his downward journey. The world is gloomy out here, thick with swirling fog and shadows, and the train lies steaming and chuffing quietly behind him, its engines slowly cooling. Those above can see him reach the platform below rather safely before something clatters past him....

Platform for those who are already down there.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by Ejstricker »

"I don't think we should go down there," whispers the countess, staring down through the open window.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know as we've got much choice," Kate whispers back, shivering. She tugs on the rope to make sure Artemis is no longer on it, then pulls it up to tie the walking stick to the end so she can lower it down to him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Moments after she has lowered the walking stick to the platform below, someone starts screaming. It's not Artemis, but it is a man. The chilling screams come from somewhere out there in the foggy gloom ... somewhere in or near the train.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll go next," whispers Kate, suppressing a shudder. "Someone might be hurt." She climbs out the window and down the makeshift rope, swallowing her fears.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This room is lit only by a flashlight which lays discarded by the narrow double bed -- its feeble beam revealing its low level of batteries. Though it would doubtless aggravate those from the Ministry of Fuel, the tick-tick-ticking of the radiator shows that it is currently on in a room which is now cold due to the opened window. There is a lamp lying on the floor by the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are currently opened, a wardrobe facing the bed which has its doors open and is bulging with clothes with a stack of three hatboxes to one side, and the floor is covered in crinkly paper. The black out frame has been removed from the window and all of the glass within it has shattered leaving only a few small pieces caught within the frame. The quilt has been tossed to the floor and the sheets pulled off the bed, revealing a suspicious stain. Those sheets have since been tied together into a rope that dangles out the window, anchored to the bed.
Looking at the shredded paper,reveals that they have been pulled out of a Bible that would typically have been kept in the bedside cabinet.
Looking over the clothing,some of the clothes are hanging a bit out of the bedside cabinet, including a scandalous variety of different underpants, male, female, attractive, plain, cotton and silk. The clothing within the cabinet and the wardrobe appears to be both male and female, rich and poor, height of fashion and terribly frumpy, and everything in between.
Forensics at the window,reveals that the window was broken from the inside. 1-pt spend available.
Return to the corridor.
Climb down the rope to the platform.

Return to “The Railway Station”