Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis stepped away from the window as Kate climbed back up the rope and into the room. He listened and shook his head confused.

"Miss Kate, I am sorry, but I really think we need to get you and the Countess out of this building and down on the platform. I am sorry, but we really need to get out of this place - and I don't think we want to go deal with anyone locked up in any part of the downstairs."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's not like to be any safer outside," protests Kate. "Whoever locked us in here may have thought they were doing us a favour. There's a dead woman on the roof of the shed out there. Look, once we get the front doors open we can all go out together, including the Station Master or whoever he really is. I'll not leave him in here to die. But for Mr. Hagan to use the bolt cutters, we've got to get whoever's in the restaurant away from the front."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

".....a dead woman? On the roof? Who...?"

He shook his head in disbelief.

"Are we SURE we want to take the chains off? Wait...it doesn't matter...everyone back out the window now. Let's just get out and figure out things from there. We can hold the doors shut while they cut the chains off if that is what we decide to do, but let's move."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll never get the Station Master upstairs and out the window," says Kate, crossing her arms. "I mean it, I'm not leaving without him. We have to get the front doors open."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"I am with Frank, we do't know who that is down there and we don't know who is in the restuarant," Artemis agreed with Frank and nodded towards the window. "We got to get out of this place and getting the door cut open can be done with more of us out there than everyone coming back into this place."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You don't seem to understand," says Kate. "If we just break the rest of the chains, the chap in the restaurant will bust out onto the platform and attack us! We've got to draw him away to the door between the restaurant and the waiting room so Mr. Hagan can get the front doors open safely. Also, someone needs to stay with the Station Master. If nobody else is willing to do it, I nominate myself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis shook his head and sighed. He looked back to both Frank and the Countess. "Miss Kate, I think we need to get you and the Countess back out of the building. You said Charlie is outside, I don't see why he even needs to worry about the restaurant, when he could just cut the chains on the main door into the lobby? "

Artemis just shook his head and then walked to the open window and tried to see if he could find Charlie below.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're still not listening!" says Kate with an exasperated sigh. "He can't break the rest of the chains off now, or the bloke in the restaurant will break out and kill him! It's the noise that gets his attention. That's why we've got to lure him away from the restaurant's door leading outside by making a commotion at the restaurant's interior door."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"And then what? The danger in the restaurant is on the loose? I don't see what that does to help us at all? But, I will suggest this. Frank guards the stairs and the Countess gets out of this place. I can go with you down to the waiting room and we can bang against the walls.

Artemis took his walking stick and smacked the wall underneath the window. He shifted the flashlight into the same hand as the knob of his walking stick and fished into his pocket. He took out the weird pendant he had found earlier and held it aloft. "We have some strange cult leaving its jewerly, its pamphlets, and apparently it's members locked in restaurants, and you want us to continue to play in this place. As I recall you wanted us to get out because of the gas. So, lead on, and I will go make noise with you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I do want to get out of here," says Kate, "but I'm not leaving anyone behind. The man in the restaurant won't get out. The door held before when I attracted his attention. We just need to temporarily get him away from the exterior door. Let's go." She leads the way into the hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis surpressed his want to yell at the woman, and followed her shaking his head in frustration. "Frank, can you take up a guard point on the stairwell and near the door? Countess, I would really urge you to head down to the platform. I feel this is a fool's errand."

Artemis stepped out of the room and into the corridor, his walking stick hitting the floor harder than before.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

This room is lit only by a flashlight which lays discarded by the narrow double bed -- its feeble beam revealing its low level of batteries. Though it would doubtless aggravate those from the Ministry of Fuel, the tick-tick-ticking of the radiator shows that it is currently on in a room which is now cold due to the opened window. There is a lamp lying on the floor by the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are currently opened, a wardrobe facing the bed which has its doors open and is bulging with clothes with a stack of three hatboxes to one side, and the floor is covered in crinkly paper. The black out frame has been removed from the window and all of the glass within it has shattered leaving only a few small pieces caught within the frame. The quilt has been tossed to the floor and the sheets pulled off the bed, revealing a suspicious stain. Those sheets have since been tied together into a rope that dangles out the window, anchored to the bed.
Looking at the shredded paper,reveals that they have been pulled out of a Bible that would typically have been kept in the bedside cabinet.
Looking over the clothing,some of the clothes are hanging a bit out of the bedside cabinet, including a scandalous variety of different underpants, male, female, attractive, plain, cotton and silk. The clothing within the cabinet and the wardrobe appears to be both male and female, rich and poor, height of fashion and terribly frumpy, and everything in between.
Forensics at the window,reveals that the window was broken from the inside. 1-pt spend available.
Return to the corridor.
Climb down the rope to the platform.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis entered the room quickly, the beam of his flash light bouncing about as he walked in with a saddle in his hands. He dropped the saddle on the bed, scanned the room quickly and then walked back out to the corridor.

"Countess, where are you? Are you in up here?" Artemis projected his voice back down the corridor as he came back to where Kate and Frank were.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No response. And no sign of the countess either.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked to Room 1 and opened the door. "Countess, are you in here?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Good lord, now where the bloody hell has she gotten too? COUNTESS" Artemis turned and yelled down the hallway. He looked about and stepped back out into the Hallway. "Countess, COUNTESS?"

Artemis looked back and wondered - She wouldn't have gone back into that one room would she? He sighed and walked back into the hall and set his sites on Room 1's door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate enters the room and goes over to the window, looking down to see if she can spot any movement on the platform.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis followed the Countess into the room, "Countess, I don't honestly know. Yet, I don't think everything inside this station is safe either."

He shut the door behind him and looked about the room to see if there was any sign that Mr. Durant had been in the room.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is no clear sign of Mr. Durant, but then there is no mud on the floor to mark his steps so unless he were bleeding there wouldn't be. The window shows little of the platform below and much of it is swamped in darkness and fog. The rope still dangles down, as it had before. Perhaps if they probed the gloom with their lights? Of course, to do so during an air raid would be poor form indeed.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can't see a bloody thing down there," whispers Kate. "We can't use our lights, not with an air raid coming. That horrid man who was in the restaurant may still be out there. Who wants to go first?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Railway Station”